An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332679948' post='2407819']
Ya they got in a fight dumbarse and Trayvon was beating his arse after Zimmerman followed him and instigated a fight. Then Zimmerman like the scum coward he is murdered a 17 year old boy
[/quote]

Is there anything about you that doesn't base your opinion on loose speculation? Probably not...

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332681783' post='2407836']
Ya its taking things to far. But that's why Zimmerman needs to be taken into custody and this has got to at least see a trial and a jury.
[/quote]

So lets set the rule of law aside and just go on the emotions of people who think that he needs to be put in prison?

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332682437' post='2407843']Thank god prayers were answered, the New Black Panthers have announced they are paying $10,000 reward for the capture of Zimmerman. They will be visiting Jacksonville and Maitland locations of Zimmermons employer. "If the government won't do the job, we'll do it." stated NBP leader Mikkad Muhammad in Sanford on Saturday.[/quote] What a great organization right? This wouldn't happen to be the same New Black Panther Party that threatened violence against people at a voting booth is it? Oh of course it is... what a bunch of boy scouts.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332682999' post='2407848']
He's showing off some gold teeth in a wife beater. So what ? This changes nothing.
[/quote]

Oh I agree. But I do find it interesting that there see[color=#333333]ms to be a concerted effort to whitewash black people whenever so[/color][color=#333333]mething like this happens. It's like reverse racis[/color][color=#333333]m--they're trying to [/color][color=#333333]make white people say "Hey, he's just like [/color][color=#333333]me!" [/color]

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332682876' post='2407847']
I'm saddened and frightened you asked.

Direct quote from Tampa BayTimes on the Bounty. After that it's my own bitter satire.
[/quote]

You [color=#333333]might want to think of adding brackets or quotation [/color][color=#333333]marks around what's not yours, so that others can tell...[/color]

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332683330' post='2407854']
Thou shall not murder.
[/quote]

Luckily, the penal code in this and other countries has advanced and garnered [color=#333333]more specificity so as to atte[/color][color=#333333]mpt to capture the nuance of life. In this case, it will be a woeful failure, but hopefully it will serve as a rallying cry to close this absurd loophole.[/color]

Kujo no he's not just like me. He pry had it a lot worse. Pry had to deal with racism. Pry has relatives in his family who were slaves and couldn't vote. He was murdered by some lunatic who profiled him cause he's a 6'3 black dude in a hoodie. No he's not just like me. But God created him and loves him just as much as me. He's equal. He deserves justice.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332683577' post='2407857']
Kujo no he's not just like me. He pry had it a lot worse. Pry had to deal with racism. Pry has relatives in his family who were slaves and couldn't vote. He was murdered by some lunatic who profiled him cause he's a 6'3 black dude in a hoddie. No he's not just like me. But God created him and loves him just as much as me. He's equal. He deserves justice.
[/quote]

A[color=#333333]men.[/color]
[color=#333333]So why aren't they showing pictures like this?[/color]

Cause then all the stereo type people can just write him off as some thug and that he deserved it.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332682582' post='2407845']
I'[color=#282828]m assu[/color][color=#282828]ming there's a satirical ele[/color][color=#282828]ment in this post....right?[/color]
[/quote]You must not read much from Anomaly. The posts rarely contain serious content.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332683789' post='2407861']
Cause then all the stereo type people can just write him off as some thug and that he deserved it.
[/quote]

But I thought this was one of those "teachable moments" where we are supposed to show that being black, and "looking black" doesn't mean you're a criminal?

(I'm just trying to point out the double standard here)

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332683221' post='2407851']
Oh I agree. But I do find it interesting that there see[color=#333333]ms to be a concerted effort to whitewash black people whenever so[/color][color=#333333]mething like this happens. It's like reverse racis[/color][color=#333333]m--they're trying to [/color][color=#333333]make white people say "Hey, he's just like [/color][color=#333333]me!" [/color]
[/quote]
I continue to be stunned that I'm reading things like this. This type of b.s. belongs in history books, it should be under the section entitled, "Dumb things peple used to say before they realized that race is a learned social construct that should not be used to judge people."

Kujo I don't remember any one saying it was a teachable moment. I don't know how it could be. No one ever wants to learn. The facts is a 17 year old unarmed kid was shot and murdered. By a man who a 911 operator told not to continue to follow. Yet he did. Then he ended up killing this kid. If the media is just trying to start racial wars then floppy them and they can go to hell. But I'm not also in the camp that there aren't racist cops and racist killers like Zimmerman out there. And I have a big place in my heart for black people because of what they have been through in the not to distant past. And what I see here is a 17 year old unarmed kid who is murdered and his parents are devestated and the killer is free to go. That's not right.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332684114' post='2407865']
I continue to be stunned that I'm reading things like this. This type of b.s. belongs in history books, it should be under the section entitled, "Dumb things peple used to say before they realized that race is a learned social construct that should not be used to judge people."
[/quote]

Oooo....you can use big smart people words! Can you teach me how to talk smart like you!??!?!?!

(If you don't have something valuable to add to the conversation, go away. I was making a point about media hypocrisy and how certain elements of culture get emphasized or hidden whenever a situation arises that appeals to, or against, the preconceived notions of the elite. Yes, race and culture are social constructs. So are words and language...but that's not what we're talking about here. You don't get to pull the "true nature of things" card whenever this is clearly being manipulated by guys like Al Sharpton to be a white v.s. black thing, despite the fact that Zimmerman was of mixed race)

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332682307' post='2407841']
When did I say that? And more importantly, when did my brother say that?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws in the system. But allowing yourself and your identity to become fixated on the disrespect others give you is not living the sort of freedom that the civil rights leaders fought so valiantly for.
[/quote]
These are your words:
[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332650671' post='2407727']
It smells of elderberries, but there really isn't anything that anyone can do to change that.
[/quote]
I expected better from you.