An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332687002' post='2407910']
Well, my blood is starting to boil and I have to go to church soon, so I might disppear shortly...
[/quote]

EDIT: Never[color=#282828]mind...that was rude...[/color]

Edited by kujo

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332686566' post='2407902']
Ok Cmother so say Zimmerman started the fight after he followed Martin. He's losing the fight. That gives him the right to pull out his gun and kill Trayvon? That's not murder to you ? What if Trayvon was your son ? You would be ok with this ?
[/quote]

But see we were NOT there. So what if Trayvon grabbed the gun and they fought over it? What if it went off in the struggle? If the cops couldn't charge him because of the current law as it stands, and they saw evidence of the struggle and heard the witness report, why should we second guess them? Would we be having this conversation id both people were hispanic, or both black - not a chance. See I don't believe that there is a racist under every rock in this country, especially in an area with highly mixed populations.

If my son was shot dead in the street by someone using him as target practice that would be murder. If my son attacked someone or was attacked by someone and they struggled over a gun it would not be murder. And in my neighborhood this would not be beyond possibility.

God Bless you Adrestia. I hope Mass goes well. Its good to know Our Father loves us all the same and more then we could ever imagine.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1332687216' post='2407913']
But see we were NOT there. So what if Trayvon grabbed the gun and they fought over it? What if it went off in the struggle? If the cops couldn't charge him because of the current law as it stands, and they saw evidence of the struggle and heard the witness report, why should we second guess them. Would we be having this conversation id both people were hispanic, or both black - not a chance.
[/quote]

C[color=#282828]mo[/color][color=#282828]m FTW!!!![/color]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332687107' post='2407911']
Dude, did I take a whiz in your cereal in a past life or[font=Segoe UI][color=#282828] so[/color][/font][color=#282828]mething? You keep ha[/color][color=#282828]m[/color][color=#282828]mering that I feel we should just accept racis[/color][color=#282828]m and not fight against it when I have specifically answered those charges by saying that I do NOT believe that to be true. Your response is to say "Yeah, but you said ____" to which I replied that you had [/color][color=#282828]misunderstood what I was saying. I then clarified, and you ignored it. [/color][color=#282828]THAT'S what I [/color][color=#282828]mean when I said you won't "listen to reason." [/color]
[/quote]
Forgive me. I must have missed the clarification. What did that statement mean?

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332687196' post='2407912']
EDIT: Never[color=#282828]mind...that was rude...[/color]
[/quote]
I thought it was funny. I would have propped it if I could. I do have a sense of humor, and I also thank God for small miracles. :)

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332687311' post='2407916']
Forgive me. I must have missed the clarification. What did that statement mean?
[/quote]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332684986' post='2407874']
The point I was making was that there will never be a day where racism, bigotry and prejudice doesn't exist. It just won't happen. We can work towards a more perfect society, but it's never going to be totally perfect...Until you eradicate heuristics and analogies, people will always have preconceived notions about other people, places, things and events.[/quote]

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332687417' post='2407917']
I thought it was funny. I would have propped it if I could. I do have a sense of humor, and I also thank God for small miracles. :)
[/quote]

:) Good. Didn't wanna push it. Enjoy mass, dude...

Although its possible they could of fought for the gun and it went off. I think a more likely explanation is Zimmerman fired the gun when he was getting beat up by Martin. So if Zimmerman started the fight and then was losing and fired the gun this wouldn't be murder to you if Trayvon was your son ? Even after a 911 operator told Zimmerman not to follow Martin ? Even after you found out Zimmerman was arrested for assulting an officer in 2005 ? Even after you found out all your son had was skittles and an iced tea and a cell phone. Even when you found out there were phone records of him talking to his girlfriend 5 minutes before police arrived and found him dead. Even after his girlfriend said he told her he was walking fast and trying to get away from this man following him?

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332687688' post='2407928']
Although its possible they could of fought for the gun and it went off. I think a more likely explanation is Zimmerman fired the gun when he was getting beat up by Martin. So if Zimmerman started the fight and then was losing and fired the gun this wouldn't be murder to you if Trayvon was your son ? Even after a 911 operator told Zimmerman not to follow Martin ? Even after you found out Zimmerman was arrested for assulting an officer in 2005 ? Even after you found out all your son had was skittles and an iced tea and a cell phone. Even when you found out there were phone records of him talking to his girlfriend 5 minutes before police arrived and found him dead. Even after his girlfriend said he told her he was walking fast and trying to get away from this man following him?
[/quote]

None of this information matters in this case, beyond its emotional value.

No I'm just asking Cmother what's murder to her if Trayvon is her son. Casue she replied to my thou shall not murder post. I'm not talking flordia here.

Edited by Guest

regina_coeli

Perhaps it doesn't matter to you, but unless you are licensed to practice law in FL, it is only opinion. And emotionally it matters to those left behind to grieve. Prayers for all!

Edited by regina_coeli

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332688022' post='2407934']
No I'm just asking Cmother what's murder to her. Casue she replied to my thou shall not murder post. I'm not talking flordia here.
[/quote]

I understand what you're doing, brother. And I respect it. But I think it's an example of a very dangerous trend I'm seeing with people when they discuss this case. There's far too little people taking the time to have an informed opinion. I recognize that your opinion is informed by the facts, but lots of people are discussing this case like it's all about what they "feel" instead of what they "know." They buy into the media narrative--white guy shoots a black teenager and gets away with it because of racist police-- instead of actually digging into the story and looking at the facts--mixed race hispanic male shoots a black teenager and has gone uncharged due to a moronic law, a lazy and ill-equipped police force, and a profound lack of actual evidence refuting his self-defense claim.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332688135' post='2407937']
Even if Zimmerman doesn't go to jail he's got blood on his hands and is a murderer in my mind. Until he can proove otherwise.
[/quote]

What happened to guilty until proven innocent? Have you seen all this evidence in this case, including the evidence being gathered by his defense team?

[quote name='regina_coeli' timestamp='1332688211' post='2407938']
Perhaps it doesn't matter to you, but unless you are licensed to practice law in FL, it is only opinion. And emotionally it matters to those left behind to grieve. Prayers for all!
[/quote]

Well, even if I [i]was[/i] licensed to practice law in the State of Florida, since I am not counsel for either the defendant or the state, it would still only be my opinion. But due to my studies and life experience, I happen to believe that my opinion is a bit more informed than some of the ones I hear being expressed on here, in the news and amongst my peers and coworkers.