An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332724645' post='2408409']
Been married since 1983. 23 fantastic years.
[/quote]
[img]http://www.nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/suspicious-dog.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332728562' post='2408499']
[img]http://www.nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/suspicious-dog.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

^ wow nice try winchester. is it your first day on the internet?

Edited by Jesus_lol

[quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1332728122' post='2408492']

:blink:
[/quote]In all honesty, we had problems maintaining our couple amesomeness on a consistent basis. I blame two sub-fantastic years completely on our progeny.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332729924' post='2408515']
In all honesty, we had problems maintaining our couple amesomeness on a consistent basis. I blame two sub-fantastic years completely on our progeny.
[/quote]

I can see how that could be the case. I just thought maybe you sucked at math.

Ooh! Lookey here! A bunch of suspicious white kids in hoodies! And with weapons to starngle people with on their waists! If I see them hanging around Hamlin and Iowa streets on teh west side of Chicago, they must be there to buy drugs! I'll appoint myself neighborhood watchman to protect the neighborhood from these dangerous thugs.

[img]http://communio.stblogs.org/CFR%20Novitiate%20Class%202009.jpg[/img]

The point of neighborhood watch is to increase awareness of the goings on in a neighborhood and to report unusual situations to the police. If you are involved in neighborhood watch you are not given police powers. The duty is to report and then let the police use the information as they see fit.

If I we being followed through my neighborhood, I would likely run. But I am not beyond confronting people especially if there are witnesses. Following someone is in my opinion an act of aggression. I might be a little biased in this opinion by the fact that I am female.

" ZIMMERMAN HAS NO PROTECTION UNER THE STAND YOUR GROUND LAW IN MY STATE." - Flordia Senator Durell Peaden

Edited by Guest

Zimmerman became the aggressor once he got out and gave chase after the operator told him not to. On top of that being the " watch captian" he was not suppossed to have a gun. Doesn't matter if he had a permit or not. On top of that in 2005 he was arrested for assulting an officer. He also had complaints of domestic violence. He will not stand a chanch in court. He will go to prison like he deserves for murdering an innocent kid. Hope it was worth it trying to play cops and batman. Now he needs to come forward and appologise to the Martins which he hasn't done yet. Geez you think someone who was completely innocent would appologise to the victims parents in such a tragedgy. Nope he hasn't. Until he comes forward and says sorry people will not be able to forgive him myself included. Its funny how some have turned Zimmerman into the victim. Really crazy. God Bless Trayvon Martin and his family. Prayers for all involved including the Zimmermans.

Edited by Guest

O and before I hear the " george had a broken nose" whatever. No ems was even called. I doubt a broken nose and I don't deny a cut on the back of the head. He got off a lot easier then a bullet to the chest. And why in the world was this man not tested for alcohol or drugs. How did that not happen. Would not suprise me if george would of blew postive for alcohol and that's why he refused ems.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Mercy me' timestamp='1332736444' post='2408585']
The point of neighborhood watch is to increase awareness of the goings on in a neighborhood and to report unusual situations to the police. If you are involved in neighborhood watch you are not given police powers. The duty is to report and then let the police use the information as they see fit.[/quote] That is not true. If you see a crime going down, you do have a right to follow the suspect. You don't have to but you do have a right to do so.

[quote]If I we being followed through my neighborhood, I would likely run. But I am not beyond confronting people especially if there are witnesses. Following someone is in my opinion an act of aggression. I might be a little biased in this opinion by the fact that I am female.[/quote] You might run but it's highly unlikely that you would attack the person who followed you once they got out of their automobile. As for following someone, that is not an act of aggression according to the law, or the logic behind it. It's still self defense if you are following someone believing that they might be armed and break into someone's house. Particularly if you believe that the police won't be able to prevent the crime from happening.

[quote]" ZIMMERMAN HAS NO PROTECTION UNER THE STAND YOUR GROUND LAW IN MY STATE." - Flordia Senator Durell Peaden[/quote] As far as what the senator said, of course he is going to say this...afterall he authored the bill that was passed into law after being warned about it's unintended consequences by the Miami police chief. The only concern that he has is reelection and not being liked to the death of this teenager.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332748768' post='2408616']
Zimmerman became the aggressor once he got out and gave chase after the operator told him not to.[/quote] You are completely incorrect here. What the 9-11 operator told him is considered a recommendation according to the law, not a legally binding order.

[quote]On top of that being the " watch captian" he was not suppossed to have a gun. Doesn't matter if he had a permit or not.[/quote] You are completely incorrect. Being a neighborhood watch captain does not suspend one's second amendment rights, nor their right to possess a concealed weapon, give the fact that they have the proper permit.

[quote]On top of that in 2005 he was arrested for assulting an officer. He also had complaints of domestic violence. He will not stand a chanch in court.[/quote] You are incorrect, past crimes are not allowed to be used as evidence unless they are directly linked. In this case it is not so therefore the Jury would never hear of his past crimes because they are irrelevant in the case and the judge wouldn't allow such testimony to take place.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332749920' post='2408619']
O and before I hear the " george had a broken nose" whatever. No ems was even called. I doubt a broken nose and I don't deny a cut on the back of the head. He got off a lot easier then a bullet to the chest. And why in the world was this man not tested for alcohol or drugs. How did that not happen. Would not suprise me if george would of blew postive for alcohol and that's why he refused ems.
[/quote] Well the evidence says that he did have a broken nose and that he did have a cut on the back of the head. Once again you're relying upon your own conspiracy theory that you've put together in your head, ever the rational evidence presented to the public. Why don't you calm your teenage hormones down for a second and think like an adult?

You reply to Mercy Me if you see a crime going down you can follow. PLEASE REMIND ME WHAT CRIME SAINT TRAYVON WAS COMMITING???? And yes I call him saint cause I don't imagine he's in purgatory right now. Although some here might argue he's in hell.

I'm gonna keep it 100 real quick...George liked black people but he didn't like.......as a white male I won't fill in the blank. Although I have been called it by black friends many times and I've used it many times. Although now as an adult the word doesn't come out of my mouth.........The problem is when you start lableing every person who dresses hiphop and is absorbed in that culture as the same you are becoming racist. You can not like or even hate certain aspects of the culture. But once you start lableing everybody who looks that description as the same in a negative light that's when you're wrong. That's when it can become hate.

Edited by Guest

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332755428' post='2408623']
You reply to Mercy Me if you see a crime going down you can follow. PLEASE REMIND ME WHAT CRIME SAINT TRAYVON WAS COMMITING???? And yes I call him saint cause I don't imagine he's in purgatory right now. Although some here might argue he's in hell.[/quote]

It's not just if you see a crime goin down, that is not how the law is written. If you think that potentially a crime is goinig to happen, you also have a right to follow the suspect. What crime did Trayvon commit? Well if the police report is correct, he obviously was physically violent with Zimmerman. Now you can say that is false all you want but you have no evidence to support your claim so once again you are just an adolescent boy that run by his hormones and emotions. When you grow up and join the real world, you'll notice that in order for someone to be arrested and charged, we need this little special thing called evidence. Nearly all of your claims, if not all of them, have zero evidence but are emotional arguments based upon nothing more then Trayvon was black. That's nothing more then speculative racism...at it's finest of course.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332758029' post='2408627']I'm gonna keep it 100 real quick...George liked black people but he didn't like.......as a white male I won't fill in the blank.[/quote] As I have mentioned before, you have absolutely zero evidence of this claim. As a matter of fact, George Zimmerman has black people that have vouched that he is not a racist and as far as we are aware according to the evidence he has never used that term that you were hinting at. Therefore that makes you the racist.

[quote]Although I have been called it by black friends many times and I've used it many times. Although now as an adult the word doesn't come out of my mouth...[/quote] Maybe you're confusing George Zimmerman with your own background and thoughts.

[quote]The problem is when you start lableing every person who dresses hiphop and is absorbed in that culture as the same you are becoming racist.[/quote] First, you don't know what George Zimmerman labeled him anything outside of a general description of being suspicious, which is what the 9-11 tapes reveal. For all you know he fit the description of another burgler that had robbed his neighbors. If that is the case and it's likely it was, then there is nothing prejudice about it.

[quote]You can not like or even hate certain aspects of the culture. But once you start lableing everybody who looks that description as the same in a negative light that's when you're wrong. That's when it can become hate.[/quote] So in that very moment one becomes racist huh?