An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opposite Sex Housemates

EmilyAnn

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1334688061' post='2419602']
Soooo, when does this thread get to go Legendary? Because I think it's getting there.
[/quote]

I just can't believe it's not already been moved to the Lame Board!

franciscanheart

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334687959' post='2419600']
Yeah, the snuggling thing was pretty rare, because my mom was usually up before us, or we were in school, and had to get ready for school. I think it mainly happened after my little sister was born, so SHE was in there, and so the rest of us wanted to be near her. lol
[/quote]
That makes sense. I've always been a follower (my mom always said she felt like a mother duck with all her little babes following her wherever she went) so I get wanting to be near them. In fact, my mom and I have noticed on several occasions that even as an adult I tend to follow her around the house. If she notices and I don't, she'll purposely move from room to room until I *do* realize. Then we laugh. :P

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334683242' post='2419510']You're too young to drink. You're too young to do a lot of things. [b]Not all of us are ancient[/b] and we still remember what it's like to be young and think you are grown up and know a lot more than you're being given credit for. Then ten years passes and you realize what a ridiculous nutcase you had been and you laugh about it. We get it: you're a young teen. You have a lot of growing up to do. But at some point, you have got to slow down and realize that you're not talking to a bunch of devil-worshiping savage adult beasts. [/quote]
what's the bolded part supposed to mean, franny? :|

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334683242' post='2419510']We deserve respect as your elders - especially as your elders who have proven for longer than you've been alive that we do love and respect our Church and form our consciences in the way She prescribes. We are not idiots, and we are not blind to as much as you might like to think. In short: Chill out, little one. (Yes, I am aware that little jabs like that probably turn you off from hearing anything else I'm saying. But seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously.) [/quote]
i :love: you. seriously. :love:

franciscanheart

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1334688671' post='2419611']
what's the bolded part supposed to mean, franny? :|
[/quote]
:blush:

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1334688671' post='2419611']
i :love: you. seriously. :love:
[/quote]
Aw! I :love: YOU!

Vincent Vega

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334683242' post='2419510']
You sing? :o
[/quote]
Yes girl. All in a day's work for a sacred musician. But this test was related to music theory, wherein they coerce you to sing whether you do or not.
[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334684594' post='2419529']
Wow - this could have been a good argument, but has been hijacked to the point that now I just read some of the comments and sometimes feel like smacking FP on the back of the head and sometimes want to defend him against the ravenous wolves out there.

Seriously people - give him a break. Yes, he's misrepresenting an awful lot, but a lot of what he's saying is being taken out of context, and a lot of his jokes are being taken seriously.
[/quote]
This. I go back and forth between wanting to wail on FP and wanting to wail on the rest of you.

franciscanheart

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1334692056' post='2419650']
Yes girl. All in a day's work for a sacred musician.
[/quote]
1. :smile2:
2. Ain't nothin' sacred 'bout you.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334693515' post='2419668']2. Ain't nothin' sacred 'bout you.
[/quote]
Don't I know it!

fides' Jack

Yes, I know that FP has a habit of saying some far-out things. And he's taken his share of flack for that.

You know what would be funny, is if he was actually some 35-year-old who's doing this just for fun. If so, he must be getting some good laughs in.

Still, patience and charity count the most when they're hardest to do. Some people here really need to practice both.

And I, too, wish that I could prop kujo.

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334696108' post='2419717']You know what would be funny, is if he was actually some 35-year-old who's doing this just for fun. If so, he must be getting some good laughs in.[/quote]

are you admitting something, Jack? :|

or am i? :evil:

franciscanheart

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334696108' post='2419717']
Yes, I know that FP has a habit of saying some far-out things. And he's taken his share of flack for that.

You know what would be funny, is if he was actually some 35-year-old who's doing this just for fun. If so, he must be getting some good laughs in.

Still, patience and charity count the most when they're hardest to do. Some people here really need to practice both.

And I, too, wish that I could prop kujo.
[/quote]
Hopefully FuturePriest realizes that we've all been wrong, all will be wrong again, and do not wish him anything ill. I am glad he is here, I am glad we have young people in the fold zealous for the faith, and I'm glad we have people here at Phatmass who will correct ANYONE when they are wrong (or just not exactly right, for whatever reason).