An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opposite Sex Housemates

EmilyAnn

PhuturePriest

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334682133' post='2419480']
Yeah, because I base everything off Deadliest Warrior.

Yes, and I was making fun of you for it.
[/quote]

Good. Basing everything off Deadliest Warrior is how we should live. From what I know, if the Russians attack we're doomed (Though in reality that was a complete mismatch and it wouldn't have gone down that way anyway).

Oh good. Sometimes I have trouble figuring out if people are serious or not.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334682291' post='2419485']
I think we just tend to be sloppy with out terminology. I'll say I'm Irish, German, Polish, and black, but I know people understand that to mean "I have these in my heritage" not that I am actually from those places.
[/quote]

Precisely.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334682339' post='2419486']
Good. Basing everything off Deadliest Warrior is how we should live. From what I know, if the Russians attack we're doomed (Though in reality that was a complete mismatch and it wouldn't have gone down that way anyway).
[/quote]

I should have added a :rolleyes: after that first comment...

PhuturePriest

28 pages? AnneLine, look at what you've done!

Though I have no complaints. I'm over nine hundred posts now.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334682407' post='2419487']
I should have added a :rolleyes: after that first comment...
[/quote]

I was being completely sarcastic with that comment, just so you know.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334682438' post='2419488']
28 pages? AnneLine, look at what you've done!

Though I have no complaints. I'm over nine hundred posts now.

I was being completely sarcastic with that comment, just so you know.
[/quote]

I never would have guessed. :|

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334682291' post='2419485']
I think we just tend to be sloppy with out terminology. I'll say I'm Irish, German, Polish, and black, but I know people understand that to mean "I have these in my heritage" not that I am actually from those places.
[/quote]

Black isn't a place.

[img]http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/o/owned-12236.jpg[/img]

Edited by Hasan

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1334682647' post='2419495']
Black isn't a place.

[img]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/9/4/pwnd128650502104768971.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I knew someone was going to point that out. lol I almost edited it to say "not that black is a place, but you get what I mean."

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334682833' post='2419500']
I knew someone was going to point that out. lol I almost edited it to say "not that black is a place, but you get what I mean."
[/quote]

I saw my opportunity and I struck. If this were Deadliest Warrior I would have emerged victorious.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1334682833' post='2419500']
[/quote]

No, I heard about Black while reading a National Geographic article. It's a wonderful place like Narnia, really.

franciscanheart

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334641932' post='2419190']
I'm not saying in three years of living with a man you are sure to walk around casually naked [b](Though him accidentally walking in on you is bound to happen if you live together for three years)[/b]. That was simply an example to say that you can sometimes get too comfortable with each other and this can lead to situations that were not intended to be tempting but are. I have never said any of this stuff would most certainly happen, but there is a chance it will and I would be willing to bet getting too comfortable and casual with each other happens more than you think.
[/quote]
[size=2][i](emphasis mine)[/i][/size]

First of all, I'm pretty sure you said these things were "bound to happen", which would imply you thought they eventually, most certainly WOULD. Don't try to backtrack now; I think it's safe to assume we all know what we're dealing with now.

Second, concerning the bolded part, you are full of it. FULL OF IT. This is not BOUND TO HAPPEN. Please excuse all of my caps, but you are seriously ridiculous. You are fifteen. AND BEFORE YOU GO CRYING ABOUT HOW MANY YOUNG SAINTS WE HAVE IN OUR BOOKS, please understand that you are not as understanding and wise as you fancy yourself. [b]This is not an insult, but a statement of fact.[/b]

I have lived with roommates for the last four to five years and not ONCE have any of them seen me walking around "casually naked" - whatever that even means. I am always fully dressed around my roommates, friends, and family. I don't even walk around in my underwear when I'm with my mom.

Now, about roommate situations. On average, people do not walk blindly into co-ed living situations. If they do, it's probably something like a hostel, dorm, or similar situation. And then I'd guess it's fair to say they wouldn't just romp around in their skivvies. Specifically speaking to a couple of young faithful living together, you should know (if you're so knowledgeable and wise) that people have discussions about how the house will be run. They actually sit down and talk about responsibilities and courtesies. If my roommate is doing something that makes me uncomfortable,[i] I tell her[/i]. The same is true in the reverse.

Adults need to act like adults. When you become an adult, you have to learn to speak up and work through things instead of running away from them. Sometimes the right answer is to step away, but sometimes, all a situation requires is a polite request or call to attention.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334642117' post='2419191']
I lived with my female best friend for several years, and I never "walked in" on her naked. Because we had doors, and if they were closed, it was customary to knock and wait for a response before entering. That's what normal people do. Guys, girls, gays, straights....

Gosh....you say some [i]really[/i] dumb stuff!
[/quote]
I disagree with a lot of what Kujo says / believes, but he nailed it here. Where are your manners? (This is directed at you, FuturePriest387.)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642148' post='2419192']
I would also note that you can't speak and drink at the same time, so for all of your sake's, throw a margarita on down this way.
[/quote]
You're too young to drink. You're too young to do a lot of things. Not all of us are ancient and we still remember what it's like to be young and think you are grown up and know a lot more than you're being given credit for. Then ten years passes and you realize what a ridiculous nutcase you had been and you laugh about it. We get it: you're a young teen. You have a lot of growing up to do. But at some point, you have got to slow down and realize that you're not talking to a bunch of devil-worshiping savage adult beasts. We deserve respect as your elders - especially as your elders who have proven for longer than you've been alive that we do love and respect our Church and form our consciences in the way She prescribes. We are not idiots, and we are not blind to as much as you might like to think. In short: Chill out, little one.

(Yes, I am aware that little jabs like that probably turn you off from hearing anything else I'm saying. But seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously.)

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334642339' post='2419198']
In your defense, I do say a lot of things I don't really mean. I just re-read my post and thought "Um... I don't think I meant [i]bound [/i]to happen, but likely..." Doors do indeed exist, and it is good to have a knock system laid out. This is simply coming out of me because in my family we never really established a "Knock before you open" rule. I just open the door and walk in my parents' room all the time, and they do the same to me. Our system of keeping people out is through the magic of door locks. Without them, I'm sure we all would have seen a lot that we didn't want to see.
[/quote]
Bound to happen... likely to happen... You're still wrong.

Re: a knock system
[b]This is common courtesy.[/b] I don't often take to making assumptions about people's parents, but they are clearly failing in this department with you. I can hardly wrap my brain around the fact that you're probably going through [i]puberty [/i]and still walk into Mommy and Daddy's room without knocking. Are you serious? My siblings knew to knock as soon as they knew to walk.

BTW, it is totally appropriate for your parents to walk into your room whenever they please. They are your parents, they get that right. You, however, should respect your parents enough (and be mature enough) to knock before entering, even when you are positive there is nothing "going on".

Locks are necessary for things like small children and cats who want to claw your face for not feeding them enough. Your parents, assuming you are their youngest (or rather, that they aren't raising a toddler (in actual years, not emotional maturity)), shouldn't have to lock their door to keep you and your siblings out.

Can you seriously not see how ridiculous this is?

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334642443' post='2419201']
Dude, there is no need for a "knock system." That's just basic courtesy.
[/quote]
Thank you. :doh:

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1334642780' post='2419207']
I've got an assessment at 10:20 in the morning. I've had enough to drink if I wish to be able to sing at that hour.
[/quote]
You sing? :o

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1334643056' post='2419212']
Right...because the whole placing a wooden 6 x 4 foot partition between their room and the rest of the house isn't a sufficient signal that they desire privacy...
[/quote]
Are you and I the only people in here who realized how absolutely pathetic and ridiculous it is that a 15-year-old boy is still walking into his parents' room without knocking? Thank you for addressing this. Ridiculous!

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334643191' post='2419214']
It's never closed anyway. The only doors that are normally closed are my sister's and my brother's, but that's because they're nuts and can't stand it if their doors are open. It bothers them for some reason. They can take an OCD pill if you ask me...
[/quote]
I'm going to assume this is a joke, even though it isn't funny. OCD is real and you shouldn't mock it, first of all. Secondly, you should probably assume there is more to it than they let on. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334643595' post='2419219']
I sometimes think I do, but I'm not afraid of germs and I'm not 100% on higiene, so this is probably false.
[/quote]
You probably shouldn't admit that you lack skills or necessary willingness / desire in the area of hygiene. (As if anyone needed another fine example of how immature you still are. AGAIN, not a slight, just a fact.)

BTW, you're a total name-dropper. It's obnoxious.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334681961' post='2419476']
I can't afford to cut my teeth. Priests need beautiful sparkly white teeth. I'm not sure where that puts me because I've never had sparkly white teeth in my life. I brush twice a day for four to six minutes and it doesn't get me anywhere. This must be a sign I'm not called.

But I do get what you are saying. Thank you.
[/quote]
You are just too avvesome. You take what a wrote and talk yourself into that you ain't called for not having sparkling white teeth. I so much want to have you over for dinner b/c my wife just ain't gonna believe me.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334681961' post='2419476']
I can't afford to cut my teeth. Priests need beautiful sparkly white teeth. I'm not sure where that puts me because I've never had sparkly white teeth in my life. I brush twice a day for four to six minutes and it doesn't get me anywhere. This must be a sign I'm not called.
[/quote]
Do they speak English in what?

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1334683556' post='2419513']
Do they speak English in what?
[/quote]

What?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334683242' post='2419510']
[size=2][i](emphasis mine)[/i][/size]

First of all, I'm pretty sure you said these things were "bound to happen", which would imply you thought they eventually, most certainly WOULD. Don't try to backtrack now; I think it's safe to assume we all know what we're dealing with now.

Second, concerning the bolded part, you are full of it. FULL OF IT. This is not BOUND TO HAPPEN. Please excuse all of my caps, but you are seriously ridiculous. You are fifteen. AND BEFORE YOU GO CRYING ABOUT HOW MANY YOUNG SAINTS WE HAVE IN OUR BOOKS, please understand that you are not as understanding and wise as you fancy yourself. [b]This is not an insult, but a statement of fact.[/b]

I have lived with roommates for the last four to five years and not ONCE have any of them seen me walking around "casually naked" - whatever that even means. I am always fully dressed around my roommates, friends, and family. I don't even walk around in my underwear when I'm with my mom.

Now, about roommate situations. On average, people do not walk blindly into co-ed living situations. If they do, it's probably something like a hostel, dorm, or similar situation. And then I'd guess it's fair to say they wouldn't just romp around in their skivvies. Specifically speaking to a couple of young faithful living together, you should know (if you're so knowledgeable and wise) that people have discussions about how the house will be run. They actually sit down and talk about responsibilities and courtesies. If my roommate is doing something that makes me uncomfortable,[i] I tell her[/i]. The same is true in the reverse.

Adults need to act like adults. When you become an adult, you have to learn to speak up and work through things instead of running away from them. Sometimes the right answer is to step away, but sometimes, all a situation requires is a polite request or call to attention.

I disagree with a lot of what Kujo says / believes, but he nailed it here. Where are your manners, little boy? (This is directed at you, FuturePriest387.)

You're too young to drink. You're too young to do a lot of things. Not all of us are ancient and we still remember what it's like to be young and think you are grown up and know a lot more than you're being given credit for. Then ten years passes and you realize what a ridiculous nutcase you had been and you laugh about it. We get it: you're a young teen. You have a lot of growing up to do. But at some point, you have got to slow down and realize that you're not talking to a bunch of devil-worshiping savage adult beasts. We deserve respect as your elders - especially as your elders who have proven for longer than you've been alive that we do love and respect our Church and form our consciences in the way She prescribes. We are not idiots, and we are not blind to as much as you might like to think. In short: Chill out, little one.

(Yes, I am aware that little jabs like that probably turn you off from hearing anything else I'm saying. But seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously.)

Bound to happen... likely to happen... You're still wrong.

Re: a knock system
[b]This is common courtesy.[/b] I don't often take to making assumptions about people's parents, but they are clearly failing with you. I can hardly wrap my brain around the fact that you're probably going through [i]puberty [/i]and still walk into Mommy and Daddy's room without knocking. Are you serious? My siblings knew to knock as soon as they knew to walk.

BTW, it is totally appropriate for your parents to walk into your room whenever they please. They are your parents, they get that right. You, however, should respect your parents enough (and be mature enough) to knock before entering, even when you are positive there is nothing "going on".

Locks are necessary for things like small children and cats who want to claw your face for not feeding them enough. Your parents, assuming you are their youngest (or rather, that they aren't raising a toddler (in actual years, not emotional maturity)), shouldn't have to lock their door to keep you and your siblings out.

Can you seriously not see how ridiculous this is?

Thank you. :doh:

You sing? :o

Are you and I the only people in here who realized how absolutely pathetic and ridiculous it is that a 15-year-old boy is still walking into his parents' room without knocking? Thank you for addressing this. Ridiculous!

I'm going to assume this is a joke, even though it isn't funny. OCD is real and you shouldn't mock it, first of all. Secondly, you should probably assume there is more to it than they let on. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

You probably shouldn't admit that you lack skills or necessary willingness / desire in the area of hygiene. (As if anyone needed another fine example of how immature you still are. AGAIN, not a slight, just a fact.)

BTW, you're a total name-dropper. It's obnoxious.
[/quote]

You're right.

By the way, what do you mean by "name dropper"?

PhuturePriest

Whoops. I pressed "reply" instead of "edit".

You're right. However, I will battle you to the death when it comes to hygiene, as I do well in matters of hygiene. I regularly take showers and mostly brush my teeth twice a day for four to six minutes (Though sometimes I don't have the time or simply forget, so sometimes it's just once). I meant I'm not as in I'm not afraid to get down and dirty.

Also, when it comes to doors, their door is always open anyway. It is a very common place for us to go. The places everyone goes to goes in this order: Kitchen, TV room, mom and dad's room. We're in here all the time and watch TV with them or something. They like that. They've never displayed that this annoys them or that they don't enjoy it. They regularly invite us in here, in fact. Don't try to judge a situation without knowing all the details, please.

Edited by FuturePriest387