An Old School Catholic Message Board

Opposite Sex Housemates

EmilyAnn

franciscanheart

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334684065' post='2419520']
You're right. However, I will battle you to the death when it comes to hygiene, as I do well in matters of hygiene. I regularly take showers and mostly brush my teeth twice a day for four to six minutes (Though sometimes I don't have the time or simply forget, so sometimes it's just once).
[/quote]
:twitch:

Also, when it comes to doors, their door is always open anyway. It is a very common place for us to go. The places everyone goes to goes in this order: Kitchen, TV room, mom and dad's room. We're in here all the time and watch TV with them or something. They like that. They've never displayed that this annoys them or that they don't enjoy it. They regularly invite us in here, in fact. Don't try to judge a situation without knowing all the details, please.
[/quote]
If you post something like that (practically bragging about what kind of weird "everything goes" environment you live in), you should not be surprised when people respond. It's weird.

Each family operates differently. In my world, bedrooms are sacred space reserved for the people who sleep in them. I would not invite my teenage children onto my marriage bed to watch TV with me, especially not on the regular. [b]I know I am one of the few.[/b]

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334684404' post='2419527']
Oh please, like people spell hygiene more than ten times in their life. Besides, I wasn't sure last night so I Googled it as I always do when I am unsure, and it said higiene was correct.
[/quote]
And Google is always right. :twitch:

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1334684594' post='2419529']
Wow - this could have been a good argument, but has been hijacked to the point that now I just read some of the comments and sometimes feel like smacking FP on the back of the head and sometimes want to defend him against the ravenous wolves out there.

Seriously people - give him a break. Yes, he's misrepresenting an awful lot, but a lot of what he's saying is being taken out of context, and a lot of his jokes are being taken seriously.
[/quote]
If you've been lurking as much as it would seem, you would realize this isn't the first time our newest young teen has taken some radical approaches. I have no problem with radical Catholicism (hello CFRs, I luff y'all), but I do take issue with a 15-year-old not having enough supervision or guidance in his life. Especially when he takes to a phorum to tell adults what it means to be an adult, or worse: [b]a faithful, holy adult[/b].

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334685206' post='2419540']
Again, it was just an example, an imperfect one, but an example. I'm not explaining this again, so please don't mention it.
[/quote]
Funny, I've read it all and didn't see an explanation other than, "Maybe that wasn't the best example."

And you were right, it wasn't. Glad that's settled.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334685206' post='2419540']
Who said I'm forsaking my studies? I'm still doing school. Everyone assumes I'm forsaking my studies when I am not.
[/quote]
Your spelling is lacking, as is your punctuation knowledge. You use "nun" and "sister" interchangeably so apparently there is some work still to be done in the area of religious education.

That's all okay, because guess what: you're still a kid. No one expects you to know it all. But when you spend as much time as you have telling us all how to be holy adults, some of us are prone to tell you to get back to your books.

Seen any men around here ordering the women to get back to sandwich-making? Some of it is joking. A lot of it is a fun way to tell people to either lighten up or shift priorities.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1334686152' post='2419556']
[img]http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk86/HiLLtoP-Boy/THISGONBGUD.gif[/img]
[/quote]
This for real made me LOL.

Groo the Wanderer

ooh! thanks FH for reminding me

please make me a sammich! but modestly and not in anyone's bedroom

PhuturePriest

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334685953' post='2419555']

If you post something like that (practically bragging about what kind of weird "everything goes" environment you live in), you should not be surprised when people respond. It's weird.

Each family operates differently. In my world, bedrooms are sacred space reserved for the people who sleep in them. I would not invite my teenage children onto my marriage bed to watch TV with me, especially not on the regular. [b]I know I am one of the few.[/b]

And Google is always right. :twitch:

If you've been lurking as much as it would seem, you would realize this isn't the first time our newest young teen has taken some radical approaches. I have no problem with radical Catholicism (hello CFRs, I luff y'all), but I do take issue with a 15-year-old not having enough supervision or guidance in his life. Especially when he takes to a phorum to tell adults what it means to be an adult, or worse: [b]a faithful, holy adult[/b].

Funny, I've read it all and didn't see an explanation other than, "Maybe that wasn't the best example."

And you were right, it wasn't. Glad that's settled.

Your spelling is lacking, as is your punctuation knowledge. You use "nun" and "sister" interchangeably so apparently there is some work still to be done in the area of religious education.

That's all okay, because guess what: you're still a kid. No one expects you to know it all. But when you spend as much time as you have telling us all how to be holy adults, some of us are prone to tell you to get back to your books.

Seen any men around here ordering the women to get back to sandwich-making? Some of it is joking. A lot of it is a fun way to tell people to either lighten up or shift priorities.
[/quote]

This is my last post, I promise.

I get what you are saying and I am sorry. Sometimes I just don't catch myself. I won't give any advice unless it is asked of me.

Nuns and Sisters are different just as Monks and Friars are different. I've had a Franciscan Friar give me long lectures about it.

The environment may be different than most, but how many families these days pray the Rosary almost everyday? We're obviously not a normal family if we do this. I'm glad we're not a normal family.

As for the sandwich making, if I made one of those jokes I would be shot. People take my jokes too seriously here. But this is all I will say on the subject.

Thank you all.

franciscanheart

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1334686290' post='2419559']
ooh! thanks FH for reminding me

please make me a sammich! but modestly and not in anyone's bedroom
[/quote]
I'm on it. The sammich-making, I mean.

Groo the Wanderer

LORF! couldn;t wait. just made myself a nummy honey-ham, coagulated milk, and mayo sammich on wheat

NOM NOM NOM!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334681961' post='2419476']
I can't afford to cut my teeth. Priests need beautiful sparkly white teeth. I'm not sure where that puts me because I've never had sparkly white teeth in my life. I brush twice a day for four to six minutes and it doesn't get me anywhere. This must be a sign I'm not called.

But I do get what you are saying. Thank you.

According to Deadliest Warrior, William Wallace would beat Shaka Zulu, so I fear not.
[/quote]

William Wallace was a Scot...

franciscanheart

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1334686350' post='2419562']
This is my last post, I promise.
[/quote]
Good, because cmom really will suspend you. ;)

I get what you are saying and I am sorry. Sometimes I just don't catch myself. I won't give any advice unless it is asked of me.
[/quote]
:) amesome, and fair enough. Always feel free to pitch in what is rattling around in your head, but probably best to refrain from advice to adults at this point. (Just my opinion.)

Nuns and Sisters are different just as Monks and Friars are different. I've had a Franciscan Friar give me long lectures about it.
[/quote]
Congratulations on being one of the small percentage who know the difference these days.

The environment may be different than most, but how many families these days pray the Rosary almost everyday? We're obviously not a normal family if we do this. I'm glad we're not a normal family.
[/quote]
I do not mean to criticize your family, or make you feel as though you should be ashamed. I think it's great that you have such a strong relationship with your parents and hope that continues. On the issue of knocking, however, I think someone failed to teach you common courtesy. It may seem silly to knock when entering a room, but I knock even when doors are open (to bedrooms and the like).

As far as the bed thing is concerned, to each his own. I know I'm a little weird in some of my thinking.

As for the sandwich making, if I made one of those jokes I would be shot. People take my jokes too seriously here.
[/quote]
Remember that pretty much everything you say is taken in context of everything ELSE you say. Chill out for a while and I am sure that very soon you will see that your better jokes are received well. (Some of your jokes really do miss the mark, though.)

MissScripture

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334685953' post='2419555']

[/quote]
We were never allowed TVs in our rooms and my parents never had a TV in their room. Bedrooms were for sleeping and homework and playing. We would go into my parents room only to clean, take stuff in there if they asked us to (laundry, etc) or use their bathroom if the main bathroom was occupied. And when we were little we would go in there to snuggle with them in the morning. It definitely wasn't a hang out, so I don't think you're all that weird. :idontknow: And we all had to knock before going into any room with a closed door and usually even if it was open, just so that you don't scare the snot out of the person if they're not paying attention.

...Don't try to judge a situation without knowing all the details, please.
[/quote]

Remember that time when you spent 29 pages on a thread judging the situations of people--both real [i]and[/i] hypothetical-- without knowing all the details?

Good times...

franciscanheart

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1334687135' post='2419588']
We were never allowed TVs in our rooms and my parents never had a TV in their room. Bedrooms were for sleeping and homework and playing. We would go into my parents room only to clean, take stuff in their if they asked us to (laundry, etc) or use their bathroom if the main bathroom was occupied. And when we were little we would go in there to snuggle with them in the morning. It definitely wasn't a hang out, so I don't think you're all that weird. :idontknow: And we all had to knock before going into any room with a closed door and usually even if it was open, just so that you don't scare the snot out of the person if they're not paying attention.
[/quote]
Yeah, my parents didn't have a TV in their room until very recently. There are three TVs in the house now, and five people live there. I can't remember ever going into my parents room as a small child. I can see the snuggling thing, but after a certain age, my room is my sacred space; meet me on the couch. ;)

MissScripture

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1334687736' post='2419596']
Yeah, my parents didn't have a TV in their room until very recently. There are three TVs in the house now, and five people live there. I can't remember ever going into my parents room as a small child. I can see the snuggling thing, but after a certain age, my room is my sacred space; meet me on the couch. ;)
[/quote]
Yeah, the snuggling thing was pretty rare, because my mom was usually up before us, or we were in school, and had to get ready for school. I think it mainly happened after my little sister was born, so SHE was in there, and so the rest of us wanted to be near her. lol