[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1353460702' post='2513961']
I was conceived in the 70s :|

eta

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
[/quote]

:| TMI TMI TMI TMI TMI

homeschoolmom

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1353461261' post='2513964']
[img]http://media-cache-lt0.pinterest.com/upload/252131279109292066_3ujN6PgD_c.jpg[/img]
[/quote]My mom still has this.

My first car was actually a brand new 1976 chevy 3/4 ton work truck, last of the big block 350's auto no air or radio. I remember when I was 5-6 years old and color TV's became something that everyone could afford to buy one, about the same time that there was actually any stations that broadcast in color. I was born in 1960 so this was 65-66. The places like sears and other stores had the sets displayed in front of teh windows and people would stand there with their mouths hanging open gawking at the amazingly real looking picture. My dad went in to ask about one, it was still a high end purchase but now they were coming down some and the salesman gave him this piece of plastic that had three strips of color, red, blue and green that you could take home and stick over your screen and get the feel for what color would be like, even that seemed amazing ! Two weeks later dad came home with a new color TV and a color TV antennae and our neighbors all came in droves to watch out TV. I remember the instant polaroid cameras that were cutting edge around the same time. When it was cold you had to place the picture under your arm to let it develop for like a minute then you would peel the cover piece off and there was a picture, no more waiting for a week at the quick photo mats to see your pictures.

ed

a) my first car was a major put-put (I started driving in 1994). I would have to turn off all of the accessories to get it up to speed on the highway.
b) gas was still under $1
c) I played with punch cards as a kid, and did one program in punch cards while in High School (I think)
d) my first computer was a 186, however my first program was written on an Apple IIe
e) I have used wordperfect, lotus 1-2-3, dbase3+, clipper, pascal, basic, scheme and lisp
f) I avoid wearing bell-bottoms, because as a young child in the late 70s I was picked on for wearing them. I've only owned one pair since :|
g) I remember going through security at the airport to see someone arriving. I also remember when coach still served food ... (yeah not that long ago but still!)
h) I remember begging for a TV set as a pre-teen. I got it -- it was a 13" black and white rabbit ears set, with knobs. I was SOOOOO happy and proud.
i) I wanted pac-man sooooo bad. My parents couldn't get their hands on one, so I got Galaxian instead. I was sooooo happy -- it had true two player mode, and two different games, and color.
j) no -- I never got an atari. Couldn't afford it. And my idea of play was to use a broomstick to play golf with my sister in the tiny backyard. We used to yell "GOLF" as we tried to hit the ball. Um, we weren't too successful at that game (except I was able to hit "GOLF" by hitting my sister's head when I swinged!). Sad. Just Sad. rotfl

Edited by cmariadiaz

I suppose this doesn't count, but it was MY first car -- the Barbie 1962 Austin Healey Sports Car....

[img]http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Vintage-Barbie-1962-Austin-Healey-Sports-Car-By-Mattel-Irwin-Doll-Toy-/00/s/MzQ4WDU0Ng==/$(KGrHqJHJCwFBp!dR02zBQ,ghCH7mw~~60_35.JPG[/img]

Edited by AnneLine