An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Papist And Mikolbe And Anyone Born Before 1976 Thread

MIKolbe

• 3 weeks later...
homeschoolmom

I found three sets-- two of the "newer" ones from post 309 and one "older" one from post 303. We are having fun, but we need to get some new pens.

I found three sets-- two of the "newer" ones from post 309 and one "older" one from post 303. We are having fun, but we need to get some new pens.

Dang. That's awesome.

PhuturePriest
Do you see how avvesome that set is? They used to trust 6 year olds with pins! We also had this later set (which must have been bought for me, the other one being my older brother's). See how already the pins were replaced by those stupid orange plastic things that don't really do anything?? <sigh> Nothing more frustrating than getting halfway through a beautiful spirograph only to have the wheel slip! :wall:

KENNERS_SPIROGRAPH_DRAWING_SET_1421_BASE

I think my favorite dangerous toy parents gave their children in the '70s is the wood burning kit. A piece of metal that goes to fire-inducing temperatures with a five inch cord.

homeschoolmom
I think my favorite dangerous toy parents gave their children in the '70s is the wood burning kit. A piece of metal that goes to fire-inducing temperatures with a five inch cord.

Yep, we had one of those, too.

homeschoolmom

Oh yeah! I remember those... then they switched the pointed end for a weighted end... now I'm not sure you can get them at all, can you?

I was born in 1999

Lincoln Logs

They still have Lincoln Logs.

For the part of the 70s I existed in I looked like this

fetus.jpg

wasn't even concieved yet... my parent's hadn't even met yet...

I had actual confessional like this,

confession+booth.jpg

Our confessional is like that....

My brother and I got this version of Laser Tag

0066.jpg?w=391&h=260

They were cool for about a minute, but never could compete with our imaginations that would turn wood and tubes into swords and rifles.

Sticks still do just fine...  My little cousins and I love to play with the sticks laying around and make them into bow and arrows or guns.

More TV.... anybody remember these?
flying-nun-s1.jpg

cast.jpg

Adam's Family is my favorite show.  We watch the "Flying Nun" in religion class...

What's so iconic about my childhood?

GOOSEBUMPS!!!!

This was my absoulte favorite of the series.

2363727.gif

I actually found a mask like this one Halloween. I was amesome that year.

GO GOOSEBUMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is for old people....like Lil Red.

Here we reminisce about the good ole days!!!

I will start...

Remember those cassette tapes that played cd's? The casette had a wire coming out of it, and you would hook it up to a portable CD player?

mp3_cd_cassette_player_adapter.jpg
you 'member!!!!

Born in 1955.  I remember lps and 45's and 78's records