An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phatmass Quest!- Commentary Thread

PhuturePriest

OK, sorry for the leave of absence there, I've been working on something very amesome. I intend to get some more quest pics done up probably tonight, but my arting energies have been being tapped for this other project. Which you guys will get to see at some point. I haven't showed it to anyone yet, and I won't until I have it done. :)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

what about under the computer,check under the computer for a paper clip or something or possibly there are clips at the back of the computer that can be used to short the keypad and lock us in permanently. <shrugs> but than if you cut the computer cords and ram them into the keypad eventually it should short and than we can force it open but unfortunately the time it may take we may run out of oxygen and auxilary power to initialize the engines(like this thing has to have some kind of ignition coil right?) , but anyhow that was all blah so now check under the computer there could be something under there :)

TheresaThoma

C'mon Fink you can't be working that long of hours (you're unionized remember?)

Sowwy guys. I'm drawing one after lunch today.

Also, I will still be taking the week of the Phatmass Meetup off, so expect plenty of activity from me then too.

Edited by arfink

fides' Jack

Mikolbe then gets an idea, and says, "I hope there's a sammich station nearby...!"

I was about to say that the rumors that ARFink and I had run off together are NOT TRUE!!!!

Interesting development... I don't think MIKolbe has talked to himself before.... are we to gather that he can TALK to the computer? And that it can talk BACK?

I sure hope it is 'friendlies' running that fill up station.....

Wow, it's good to be home and back on a computer!

TheresaThoma

Hmm interesting development. Obviously fuel is probably a priority. I would say try the closest one first that way if it doesn't work out then there still might be enough fuel to get to another one.

[quote name='fides' Jack' timestamp='1336502280' post='2428741']
Mikolbe then gets an idea, and says, "I hope there's a sammich station nearby...!"
[/quote]
there are women in outer space?

brianthephysicist

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1336547041' post='2429013']
Hmm interesting development. Obviously fuel is probably a priority. I would say try the closest one first that way if it doesn't work out then there still might be enough fuel to get to another one.
[/quote]
I agree with this, but the map doesn't give a good representation of distance (the whole 3D projected onto 2D thing). Perhaps he should ask the computer which is closest?

Also, when he gets there, he'll need to pay for fuel somehow. We should keep this in mind. We might have something they want (bottlecaps, his hat, the table, etc.) or they might need our help with something, like a quest (mow someone's lawn, use your girth to fight off a bad guy, save Timmy from the well, etc.). We could also ask the computer what the currency is at a certain location before traveling there.

I was about to post this, but I had a strange thought. MIKolbe hasn't explored this location yet, wherever this location is. We don't have any evidence that the spaceship has been in flight. For all we know, this has been docked somewhere to be used as MIKolbe and Shea's house. I'm not sure we want to leave without being absolutely sure that Shea is with us.

Once we start traveling relativistically, we run the risk of changing the relative ages of MIKolbe and Shea. This is only exacerbated by the use of the cryo chamber.

All we know is that we can see stars outside the window. This doesn't mean there isn't some spacestation or colonized asteroid located here, heck, we could be floating above a planet with our back turned towards it for all we know. I want to know what's here before we run off to explore things elsewhere.

Can we ask the computer what there is interesting in our current location?

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1336573827' post='2429097']
Once we start traveling relativistically, we run the risk of changing the relative ages of MIKolbe and Shea. This is only exacerbated by the use of the cryo chamber.

[/quote]

FTR, my wife is beautiful and hasn't aged a day since I saw her on the bus 22 years ago.

She is perpetually young..and beautiful.

I, on the other hand, am an old fluffy air extraction.

TheresaThoma

Brian you bring up a good point. I agree that exploring the inside of the spaceship is probably the best plan of action right now.

[quote name='brianthephysicist' timestamp='1336573827' post='2429097']
I was about to post this, but I had a strange thought. MIKolbe hasn't explored this location yet, wherever this location is. We don't have any evidence that the spaceship has been in flight. For all we know, this has been docked somewhere to be used as MIKolbe and Shea's house. I'm not sure we want to leave without being absolutely sure that Shea is with us.

All we know is that we can see stars outside the window. This doesn't mean there isn't some spacestation or colonized asteroid located here, heck, we could be floating above a planet with our back turned towards it for all we know. I want to know what's here before we run off to explore things elsewhere.

[b]Can we ask the computer what there is interesting in our current location?[/b]
[/quote]

Mikolbe asks the computer "So where am I? What is there to do here?"

The computer replies "Retrieving local database information."
The computer display changes to show:

[code]
Location code: 116172
Name: Nodespace Waypoint #116172
Amenities- Free Parking, Public Storage, Unisex Restroom, Vending Machines
[/code]