An Old School Catholic Message Board

Upsetting News

OnlySunshine

OnlySunshine

My friend really needs your prayers. She left her home 5 days ago to enter religious life for the 2nd time. This morning, we got some upsetting news that the Sisters told her she doesn't fit in. She hasn't even been there for a week. This is hard to understand. She later emailed and said that, if they sent her home, she wouldn't pursue her discernment further. I can't imagine the pain and torment she is going through. She was very much looking forward to being with these Sisters and it was all she could talk about.

Please pray that they will give her more of a chance before sending her home. :sad:

Prayers. Oh goodness, that sounds hard. I know God's will will ultimately be done, but hopefully they give her more time before making their decision as she's likely still transitioning into the convent routine.

Edited by Lisa

OnlySunshine

I don't want to give away too much information in case the Sisters frequent this site, but my friend is a belated vocation. She received her call early in life, but rebelled against her faith. She came back and has had the most difficult time finding an order that would accept her because of her age. I am so upset for her and I am asking God for a miracle.

Strictlyinkblot

How difficult for her! I hope they give her a little more time. Prayers. And please let us know how she is getting on if you can

Edited by Strictlyinkblot

Well... sometimes people take a bit of time to adjust, even sisters. :hmmm: Hope everyone gives it more time.

Mary's Margaret

How devastating. With that going on, it makes it all the more difficult to "fit in." She and the Sisters are in my prayers. I do hope more time is given.

OnlySunshine

Thank you, everyone. It's so hard not to be angry at the situation. She has been through so much already with her autoimmune disorder and having to return from the other order. But, I don't know why God is allowing this to happen. I need to trust that God has a good reason for this and pray that everything works out in the end.

Maximilianus

A good saint for intercessions in this predicament it St. Benedict Joseph Labre. He was rejected by every religious order he tried to join.

Prayers for your friend

organwerke

Even if she will come back, tell her that exist many orders that accept belated vocations, and, even if now of course she is really upset, she shouldn't give up with her discernment. Even if she should spend years finding it, I am sure that it exists at least a community that can accept her!

That is very sad to hear, your friend must be devastated. I do hope the Sisters give her more time, it seems very strange to allow her to enter then only give her five days and expect her to be fully settled.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1336428535' post='2428256']
That is very sad to hear, your friend must be devastated. I do hope the Sisters give her more time, it seems very strange to allow her to enter then only give her five days and expect her to be fully settled.
[/quote]

It makes me wonder why they didn't tell her during the live-in that she did before she entered. I would hope they wouldn't lead her on like this. I'm going to have a talk with my pastor, hopefully this week, and tell him what's going on. She really shouldn't have to go through this alone.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='organwerke' timestamp='1336427750' post='2428248']
Even if she will come back, tell her that exist many orders that accept belated vocations, and, even if now of course she is really upset, she shouldn't give up with her discernment. Even if she should spend years finding it, I am sure that it exists at least a community that can accept her!
[/quote]

That's what I thought, too, but she has checked out several orders that take belated vocations. I even offered to help her look some up but she said that she didn't think there are any out there she hasn't checked out. I really hope she doesn't have to leave and start all over again.