An Old School Catholic Message Board

Upsetting News

OnlySunshine

maximillion

Prayers, prayers, many prayers.......

Yes, echo the above poster, she is blessed in you, her friend............

Prayers indeed. What an awful story but I can't help thinking this must be God's will. I am sure it will be a long time before she gets over it or discerns what to do next though. But I do believe God will find something for her if she trusts and prays. For the time being she should just let go of it all until she's ready for the next step. Never despair, never surrender...

S.

Strictlyinkblot

Your poor friend. Obv I don't know what happened but it doesn't seem to be a very kind way to treat someone.

OnlySunshine

We were discussing in Bible Study last night how confusing and upsetting it all is. None of us understand why they would dismiss someone after only a week. She is probably going to be mourning over this for quite a while. I just can't imagine having to start over again after being in 2 religious orders. She has no car, no house, no job, no possessions, etc. Everything has to be started over at such a sensitive time. I am going to go to Adoration today to pray about this for her. :ohno:

wow. I feel like God has sent her this trial to make her stronger. When I was discerning one order, I was terrified of inquiring about their order so I finally got the courage to e-mail them and when they found out about my health condition (which is actually kind of minor) they turned me away and told me I was sweet. hmmm... I gave up discerning for the longest time after that until I felt God tugging at my heart again. I would say trust in God that he will love your friend and lead her to where she needs to be. I really believe Everything happens because God wishes it to (except sin). I will pray for your friend because theses types of times are the hardest and the most personal. I think it is similar to a break up, though its not exactly analogous. It feels like a spear right in your heart and to get away from the pain you try to ignore the root of it and at least in my case it was God's will. I ran away from God's will to get away from the pain I felt. I will pray that your friend doesn't Run away from God, because it is very likely that she is on the right past but just took a turn too early. Have faith in God and may he bless you and your friend always! :nunpray:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1336571357' post='2429085']
We were discussing in Bible Study last night how confusing and upsetting it all is. None of us understand why they would dismiss someone after only a week. She is probably going to be mourning over this for quite a while. I just can't imagine having to start over again after being in 2 religious orders. She has no car, no house, no job, no possessions, etc. Everything has to be started over at such a sensitive time. I am going to go to Adoration today to pray about this for her. :ohno:
[/quote]

I think God just has another plan for her. This story may not help much and I"m sure she won't want to hear it now but when I was 46, I quit my job and decided to take up theological studies and enter the priesthood. For years I had prepped myself for it and I never thought it wouldn't work out. But after a year of some turbulence (and a bad experience with a spiritual director) I just concluded this wasn't going to work.. But what to do!? I was full of fear. Who was going to hire me at my age?? I had plenty of anxiety, and not a clue what to do next.. That was 12 years ago. But I did find a job and I even got married to a wonderful lady. Sometimes you just have to take that one short step that leads to still another...and another...
She may still have a path to religious life, you just never know. I'll definitely keep her in my prayers. Right now I think she needs some healing space.

S.

dominicansoul

To be honest, no one knows exactly what is going on, and there shouldn't be any speculation about either party. All we know is that this lady needs lots and lots of prayers, and lots and lots of support.

Mater, I feel like you will do a good job of "being there" for this friend. Keep up the good work.

Prayers for your friend and for you, Mater. It always breaks my heart when this happens -- obviously not what she or the community wanted or intended. Obviously something happened....

You didn't ask for suggestions, but if someone asked me, I'd say to let her know you love her and you are there for her, but don't press her for details...she'll open up when/if she chooses to do so. She needs to feel safe and loved... and that you will all help her as much as you can in whatever ways you can.

DS, I think you are raising a good point.... we don't know what happened. It doesn't sound good, but we just don't know. But what we DO know is that God loves her, and that He will make something good come of this.

Prayers for all of you.

Mary's Margaret

Yes, Mater, please, if it's appropriate, let your friend know many of us are praying for her. We don't need to know the details. It's enough to know she's hurting and in need of our prayers. Our prayers are with you as well. You sound like a very supportive and respectful friend, and it's a blessing for her that you are just there to love her and hold her in your prayerful heart. God bless you both.

OnlySunshine

Thank you all for your wonderful support and prayers for my friend. I still haven't heard from her personally and I don't think I will until she comes home. I am tired of speculating and rationalizing what has happened and I need to just let God do His work. :)

perhaps your friend is the reason why I felt compelled to post [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/121003-marys-espousals/"]this[/url] yesterday.

prayers for her and her healing.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1336611010' post='2429291']
perhaps your friend is the reason why I felt compelled to post [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/121003-marys-espousals/"]this[/url] yesterday.

prayers for her and her healing.
[/quote]

Could be! I thought that post was beautiful, BTW! Thanks for your prayers. :)

OnlySunshine

I finally heard from my friend tonight instead of a 3rd party. My friend is in a depressed mood right now. Please, please, PLEASE continue to lift her up in prayer. Thank you so much.

Edited by MaterMisericordiae