An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gays In Military

dairygirl4u2c

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1338408352' post='2437993']
I love you... .platonically of course.. and we can never have dinner together...

THAT is what I mean by the over-sexualizing of society.

You don't know what I am doing having dinner with a female other than my wife, but the appearance is somehow bad?

You see two men (sounding all lispy) having dinner together, and you have no idea what they are doing, but the appearance is somehow bad?

why MUST the appearance be bad?

answer - the over sexualizing of society...
[/quote]I don't think the appearance must be bad. But I don't think that our society's fascination with sex is the only reason why it might appear bad in the first place.

As a kid I remember worrying about my parents from time to time if my dad had a "work date" with another woman. I had no idea about sex or really even adultery at the time, but I still worried.

I love you... .platonically of course.. and we can never have dinner together...

[/quote]So you think I'm ugly but have a great personality.

Thanks alot.

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338409016' post='2438010']
I don't think the appearance must be bad. But I don't think that our society's fascination with sex is the only reason why it might appear bad in the first place.

As a kid I remember worrying about my parents from time to time if my dad had a "work date" with another woman. I had no idea about sex or really even adultery at the time, but I still worried.
[/quote]
No disrespect to your parents, but I think 'work date' is like the wrong term to use. If I used that, Mrs. MIKolbe would be upset. LOL

THAT is what I mean by the over-sexualizing of society.

You don't know what I am doing having dinner with a female other than my wife, but the appearance is somehow bad?

You see two men (sounding all lispy) having dinner together, and you have no idea what they are doing, but the appearance is somehow bad?

why MUST the appearance be bad?

answer - the over sexualizing of society...
[/quote]But seriously. It's not just an over sexualization of society. It's a part of our culture and human nature. Why do you think we have different bathrooms based on gender? We ALL POOP!!!, and except for a very small minority of people, there is nothing sexually attractive about it.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1338409160' post='2438018']
No disrespect to your parents, but I think 'work date' is like the wrong term to use. If I used that, Mrs. MIKolbe would be upset. LOL
[/quote]LoL, I added that term in here. It works fairly well to describe the situation...but I get your point.

I had dinner with MiKolbe once. If someone assumed we were gay because they saw us eating together, I'd be crazy offended. Not because of the gay thing. More because they'd be assuming that I would be attracted to someone who looked like the lovechild of Paul Heyman and The Penguin!

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1338409274' post='2438022']
But seriously. It's not just an over sexualization of society. It's a part of our culture and human nature. Why do you think we have different bathrooms based on gender? We ALL POOP!!!!!!, and except for a very small minority of people, there is nothing sexually attractive about it.
[/quote]
I see what you are saying, not sure if I fully agree... I do not see male and female bathrooms as the OVER sexualizing of society....but I do see assuming you and I are a couple bc we go to dinner together as such...

but i do see your point....

[quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338401656' post='2437870']
The USMC says that they are to be models in ethical and moral values. Why don't sexual ethics or morality apply?

Sorry, here's the link that wouldn't work above: [url="http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/corp_values.htm"]http://www.usmcpress...corp_values.htm[/url]
[/quote][quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1338401656' post='2437870']
The USMC says that they are to be models in ethical and moral values. Why don't sexual ethics or morality apply?

Sorry, here's the link that wouldn't work above: [url="http://www.usmcpress.com/heritage/corp_values.htm"]http://www.usmcpress...corp_values.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Because your have no rational or objectively demonstrable basis for your sexual ethics. Maybe they're metaphysically right. But they aren't ethical ideas like not stealing or killing civilians. There is no rational basis for prohibiting homosexuality.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1338415327' post='2438128']
Because your have no rational or objectively demonstrable basis for your sexual ethics. Maybe they're metaphysically right. But they aren't ethical ideas like not stealing or killing civilians. There is no rational basis for prohibiting homosexuality.
[/quote]Metaphysically right concepts can in fact be rationally demonstrated and defended, contrary to popular opinion after 1620.

Edited by qfnol31

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338347157' post='2437618']
You know, they say that we rebel hardest against the things that we secretly hate about ourselves. And if the litany of evidence, strewn across hundreds of threads pertaining to various homosexual topics over the years and years that Socrates has been an active participant on Phatmass are to be believed, it would seem that Good Ole Soc might have some 'splainin' to do.
[/quote]

i'm not excusing that what Socrates said was fair (Yes, I'm fully aware that this very un-razzle dazzle, un-hip, and un-pc talk of morality and honor will likely draw nothing but sniggers and derision from most of the trendy pc phatmass crowd, including many of the "Catholics.")....but your post wasn't fair either. come on, kujo, you're better than that.

(edit: yes, i'm aware this was like 5 pages ago. sorry.)

Edited by Lil Red
because i forgot a word

Well 400 years of "recent" history says otherwise.

EDIT: Apparently I can't add or subtract while using the lou..

Edited by kujo

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338416506' post='2438136']
Well 500 years of "recent" history says otherwise.
[/quote]It's all based on a false premise and I don't have to agree with it. ;)

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1338340662' post='2437537']Yes, I'm fully aware that this very un-razzle dazzle, un-hip, and un-pc talk of morality and honor will likely draw nothing but sniggers and derision from most of the trendy pc phatmass crowd, including many of the "Catholics." [/quote]

seriously? :huh: i mean, just, seriously??? seriously????'

(I need a new word.)