An Old School Catholic Message Board

Modesty And Swimwear...

Annie12

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338181965' post='2436236']
I'm a woman. I'm sorry. I didn't connect the dots.
[/quote]

No need to apologize. Just go [color=#282828]make [/color][color=#282828]me a sa[/color][color=#282828]m[/color][color=#282828]mich...[/color]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338182273' post='2436237']
No need to apologize. Just go [color=#282828]make [/color][color=#282828]me a sa[/color][color=#282828]m[/color][color=#282828]mich...[/color]
[/quote]

I do make a mighty fine sammich.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338182317' post='2436238']
I do make a mighty fine sammich.
[/quote]

How [color=#282828]many slices of [/color][color=#282828]meat are we talking about? Type of bread? Choice of condi[/color][color=#282828]ments, veggies, coagulated milk...[/color]

About six slices of turkey, white or pumpernickel (I prefer rye), mustard and mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, black olives, red onion, and no coagulated milk. That's just a basic sammich.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338182868' post='2436241']
About six slices of turkey, white or pumpernickel (I prefer rye), mustard and mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, jalapenos, black olives, red onion, and no coagulated milk. That's just a basic sammich.
[/quote]

[left]Too[font="lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"][color="#000000"][size=2] [/size][/color][/font]much meat[/left]
[left]What kind of mustard?[/left]
[left]Save your gross pickles and olives, thank you![/left]
[left]Props for the jalepenos and rye[/left]
[left]Throw on some baby spinach[/left]

[left]Good stuff. You'll get there.[/left]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338182963' post='2436243']
[left]Toomuch meat[/left]
[left]What kind of mustard?[/left]
[left]Save your gross pickles and olives, thank you![/left]
[left]Props for the jalepenos and rye[/left]
[left]Throw on some baby spinach[/left]

[left]Good stuff. You'll get there.[/left]
[/quote]

I use a lot of bread. My bread to meat ratio works. I use baby spinach for another sammich. I like dijon and spicy depending on what mood I'm in. And don't ditch the olives and pickles. It's delish.

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338183182' post='2436244']
I use a lot of bread. My bread to meat ratio works. I use baby spinach for another sammich. I like dijon and spicy depending on what mood I'm in. And don't ditch the olives and pickles. It's delish.
[/quote]

I see I'm dealing with a pro. Good on you for bringing up the meat to bread ratio.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1338169083' post='2436042']
Please don't make this about why women should dress modest, and a PSA about men are horny scum. Men don't get a pass on modesty. We need to dress with dignity also.

Back to topic...1-piece or 2-piece, it will be difficult for a woman to go modest. I like when my wife wears a rashguard and board shorts.
[/quote]

Um, I directly stated men aren't pigs, or at least I implied it. Plus, I never said we got a pass on modesty. We need modesty, too. I've honestly been creeped out enough with these idiots that have their pantaloons hanging halfway down their legs for a lifetime. I mean seriously, do they think women find that sexy? I can only imagine how sexy it is for a woman to stare at the back of a man's boxers...

Plus, none of this was my point. I was simply saying I didn't find her swimsuit very modest. I have no interest in debating about this. I believe in modesty for both men and women (No, I don't think we should dress up like Taliban). This is a view that is acceptable by the Church and in fact, the Vatican has its own dress code. There's no shirts that have a low collar or anything allowed in there. If a woman does the Swiss Guard politely tell her to put on something more appropriate and come back later.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338183871' post='2436247']
Um, I directly stated men aren't pigs, or at least I implied it. Plus, I never said we got a pass on modesty. We need modesty, too. I've honestly been creeped out enough with these idiots that have their pantaloons hanging halfway down their legs for a lifetime. I mean seriously, do they think women find that sexy? I can only imagine how sexy it is for a woman to stare at the back of a man's boxers...

Plus, none of this was my point. I was simply saying I didn't find her swimsuit very modest. I have no interest in debating about this. I believe in modesty for both men and women (No, I don't think we should dress up like Taliban). This is a view that is acceptable by the Church and in fact, the Vatican has its own dress code. There's no shirts that have a low collar or anything allowed in there. If a woman does the Swiss Guard politely tell her to put on something more appropriate and come back later.
[/quote]

Taliban is a militarist group. I believe you mean like Moslems?

PhuturePriest

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338184185' post='2436254']
Taliban is a militarist group. I believe you mean like Moslems?
[/quote]

You're just bent on correcting everything I say tonight, aren't you? :P

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338184256' post='2436256']
You're just bent on correcting everything I say tonight, aren't you? :P
[/quote]

You're the only one making mistakes right now. But yes, I have chosen my prey.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1338184343' post='2436258']
You're the only one making mistakes right now. But yes, I have chosen my prey.
[/quote]

I get the feeling you're not in a very good mood tonight.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1338184376' post='2436259']
I get the feeling you're not in a very good mood tonight.
[/quote]

I'm snarky at this time of night.

Prediction for next year's Phatmass Award's newest category: Cutest Phatmass Couple Under 18. The winners? 171 and FP. Could be that she has a similar effect on him that Peyton's had on jLOL.

Bless your heart.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1338185332' post='2436262']
Prediction for next year's Phatmass Award's newest category: Cutest Phatmass Couple Under 18. The winners? 171 and FP. Could be that she has a similar effect on him that Peyton's had on jLOL.

Bless your heart.
[/quote]

oh shut your trap you silly woman.