Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Welcome To Club Unicorn


Recommended Posts

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339724843' post='2444838']

As far as the woman, why, please tell me why, is it so wrong to acknowledge that she has sexual desires and needs that are not being met? Seriously, sheesh.
[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that she has desires that are not being met. There is something wrong with insinuating that she must be cheating on her husband if he's physically incapable of fulfilling those desires.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339724843' post='2444838']
Rape a tree? What? How is that even possible? What type of porn have you been watching? Wait, don't tell me, I don't want to know...

As far as the woman, why, please tell me why, is it so wrong to acknowledge that she has sexual desires and needs that are not being met? Seriously, sheesh.
[/quote]

See how you say "needs"? She doesn't have "needs". She has sexual desire, but they do not need to be met. She can never have any sort of sexual pleasure again and still be 100% happy, because sexual pleasure is not what makes people happy or fulfilled in life.

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339724760' post='2444836']
What you are describing still doesn't sound like a fulfilling, meaningful relationship.[/quote]
Acknowledging we have sexual desires that need fulfilling isn't apparently meaningful to you, for some reason.

[quote]I never said you used those words or called it that. I said that's what the so-called-relationship you described SOUNDS like.
[/quote]
Sounds like a cop out to me.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339724950' post='2444839']
There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that she has desires that are not being met. There is something wrong with insinuating that she must be cheating on her husband if he's physically incapable of fulfilling those desires.
[/quote]
Or that she's in alot of pain, as I said. I did say either or. :)

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339725102' post='2444843']
Or that she's in alot of pain, as I said. I did say either or. :)
[/quote]

Why is she in a lot of pain? Explain why she would be in a lot of pain.

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1339725026' post='2444842']See how you say "needs"? She doesn't have "needs".[/quote]
Oh look, the Future Priest doesn't just know what women want, he knows what they [i]need[/i]. :crazy: This is why you've never had a girlfriend.

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1339725230' post='2444844']
Why is she in a lot of pain? Explain why she would be in a lot of pain.
[/quote]
Oh, I forgot, everyone can just live a celibate life as easy as you (allegedly) can. Never mind everyone! Future Priest has dogmatically declared no woman has sexual needs, therefore [b]you don't[/b].

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339725102' post='2444843']
Acknowledging we have sexual desires that need fulfilling isn't apparently meaningful to you, for some reason.
[/quote]

There's more to a meaningful relationship than sexual desires. And you seem to think that relationships "that can only come from sex" fit the bill for "meaningful". I vehemently disagree.


[quote]Sounds like a cop out to me.[/quote]

Sounds like you didn't actually pay attention to the words I used.


[quote] Or that she's in alot of pain, as I said. I did say either or. :)
[/quote]

The infidelity was an unnecessary suggestion.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339725410' post='2444848']
Oh, I forgot, everyone can just live a celibate life as easy as you (allegedly) can. Never mind everyone! Future Priest has dogmatically declared no woman has sexual needs, therefore [b]you don't[/b].
[/quote]

No man nor woman has sexual needs. We have sexual [i]desires. [/i]The difference is when you need something you absolutely have to have it, such as needing food. When you desire something it's when you want something but don't need it, such as the sexual act.

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339725411' post='2444849']
There's more to a meaningful relationship than sexual desires. And you seem to think that relationships" that can only come from sex" are fit the bill for "meaningful". I vehemently disagree.[/quote]
Let me repeat this, just because sex is necessary, doesn't mean those two people love each other less. If the sex disappears will the whole relationship fall apart? No, of course not, but once that happens all they are friends, not lovers. That's been my point this entire time.




[quote]Sounds like you didn't actually pay attention to the words I used.[/quote]
Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I did. :)




[quote]The infidelity was an unnecessary suggestion.[/quote]
Fair enough, but the reaction to it was also unnecessary. It's not like this woman is here reading this thread.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1339725767' post='2444852']
No man nor woman has sexual needs. We have sexual [i]desires. [/i]The difference is when you need something you absolutely have to have it, such as needing food. When you desire something it's when you want something but don't need it, such as the sexual act.
[/quote]
Can you still be a Catholic, and disagree with St Paul? When did this happen?

Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339724534' post='2444833']
Yes, Icey, for the past couple of pages I've been trying to explain away the words you, lil red, and winnie have been putting in my mouth. I never once argued for booty calls or meaningless sex. You guys [i]said[/i] I did, but I said no such thing.
[/quote]
perhaps you should explain yourself more clearly, then, so we don't put words in your mouth. :|

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339726531' post='2444855']
Let me repeat this, just because sex is necessary, doesn't mean those two people love each other less. If the sex disappears will the whole relationship fall apart? No, of course not, but once that happens all they are friends, not lovers. That's been my point this entire time.





Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I did. :)





Fair enough, but the reaction to it was also unnecessary. It's not like this woman is here reading this thread.


Can you still be a Catholic, and disagree with St Paul? When did this happen?
[/quote]

I'm not disagreeing with Saint Paul. Saint Paul says some people are called to be married. This much is truth. He never said it was impossible for some people to be celibate. We can all be celibate. We can do whatever God calls us to do. If that is to be celibate it means even you can be celibate for the rest of your life. Obviously this will not happen, but we can do whatever God calls us to do, because all things are possible with God.

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1339726826' post='2444859']
I'm not disagreeing with Saint Paul. Saint Paul says some people are called to be married. This much is truth. He never said it was impossible for some people to be celibate. We can all be celibate. We can do whatever God calls us to do. If that is to be celibate it means even you can be celibate for the rest of your life. Obviously this will not happen, but we can do whatever God calls us to do, because all things are possible with God.
[/quote]
So says the interpretation of a guy who said this just now in chat:

[quote]Perhaps I'm a cross-dresser. You never know. I do have a huge fascination with wearing a habit, with for men is essentially is a man-dress.[/quote]
:bounce:

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339727196' post='2444863']
So says the interpretation of a guy who said this just now in chat:


:bounce:
[/quote]

:troll:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339726531' post='2444855']
Let me repeat this, just because sex is necessary, doesn't mean those two people love each other less. If the sex disappears will the whole relationship fall apart? No, of course not, but once that happens all they are friends, not lovers. That's been my point this entire time.[/quote]

"They're hopefully is way more too it than that, but what makes you think all that would be able to exist without the sex?"

When you say things like that^^^ it gives the opposite impression of what you're saying now.

[quote]Maybe, but I'm pretty sure I did. :)[/quote]

Nope.

[quote]Fair enough, but the reaction to it was also unnecessary. It's not like this woman is here reading this thread.[/quote]

If you're going to malign the character of a woman you don't even know then you should expect an adverse reaction.


[quote]
Can you still be a Catholic, and disagree with St Paul? When did this happen?
[/quote]

Who disagreed with St. Paul? He said (1 Corinthians, 7;8)[i] "To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion."[/i] In other words, you wanna have sex you better get hitched. Yeah, we all agree with him.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339727312' post='2444866']
"They're hopefully is way more too it than that, but what makes you think all that would be able to exist without the sex?"

When you say things like that^^^ it gives the opposite impression of what you're saying now.[/quote]
When I said that I meant it is likely for that relationship to end. This is what happens when you make people repeat the same thing over and over again. It's going to get chopped up and unclear, obviously.


[quote]If you're going to malign the character of a woman you don't even know then you should expect an adverse reaction.[/quote]
I did not malign her character at all.

[quote]Who disagreed with St. Paul? He said (1 Corinthians, 7;8)[i] "To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I do. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion."[/i] In other words, you wanna have sex you better get hitched. Yeah, we all agree with him.
[/quote]
Exactly. In other words, some people can't handle celibacy. That means they need sex.

Edited by r2Dtoo
IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339728010' post='2444869']
When I said that I meant it is likely for that relationship to end. This is what happens when you make people repeat the same thing over and over again. It's going to get chopped up and unclear, obviously.
[/quote]

Not if you're clear and concise. :|


[quote]I did not malign her character at all.[/quote]

Insinuating she could be cheating on her husband certainly wasn't a complimentary statement. :rolleyes:


[quote]Exactly. In other words, some people can't handle celibacy. That means they need sex.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it means they don't have enough self-control (like St. Paul said) to not have sex. I don't think a lack of self-control is the same thing as a need. Just because someone might not be able to control themselves enough not to eat an entire box of Samoas doesn't mean they NEED the cookies.

Posted

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1339728010' post='2444869']
I did not malign her character at all.
[/quote]

:doh:

franciscanheart
Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339727312' post='2444866']
If you're going to malign the character of a woman you don't even know then you should expect an adverse reaction.
[/quote]
This. Completely.

Posted

[img]http://www.springcreekgroup.com/sites/default/files/u242/ban-hammer-featured1.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1339728251' post='2444874']
Not if you're clear and concise. :|[/quote]
I have no idea how anyone misread what I orginally said to begin with.




[quote]Insinuating she could be cheating on her husband certainly wasn't a complimentary statement. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Oh look. A trap. How adorable. Avoiding...



[quote]I'm pretty sure it means they don't have enough self-control (like St. Paul said) to not have sex. I don't think a lack of self-control is the same thing as a need. Just because someone might not be able to control themselves enough not to eat an entire box of Samoas doesn't mean they NEED the cookies.[/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing in Catholicism eating an entire box cookies would qualify as gluttony which is a sin ans is never permissible. Sex on the other hand is allowed in marriage, so what's wrong with saying these people are marrying because they need sex? Does that mean that's all they want or need? No, of course not, but they do need it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...