An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sspx Members Welcome?

Studiumecclesiae

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1345577649' post='2471371']
Bingo!
[/quote]
Exactly.
And IMO his actions could perhaps be re-evaluated in future generations, once we've gained some necessary perspective. As I said, it's a very complex situation, both because of internal and external factors, and I don't think any of the simple answers do it justice.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

franciscanheart

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345577859' post='2471373']
Exactly.
And IMO his actions could perhaps be re-evaluated in future generations, once we've gained some necessary perspective. As I said, it's a very complex situation, both because of internal and external factors, and I don't think any of the simple answers do it justice.
[/quote]
So then what you're saying is that you think separation by time will show that the Vatican was wrong about their dealings with the SSPX until now?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345582573' post='2471410']
So then what you're saying is that you think separation by time will show that the Vatican was wrong about their dealings with the SSPX until now?
[/quote]

Not necessarily. Did you read my previous post?

franciscanheart

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345582834' post='2471415']
Not necessarily. Did you read my previous post?
[/quote]
I did.

Your answer is vague.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345583023' post='2471420']
I did.

Your answer is vague.
[/quote]

I would say cautious, rather than vague. As I have said in two separate comments in this thread, in my opinion this whole 'situation' is extremely complex, and simple answers really do not do any party justice. The whole thing is very sensitive, and deserves careful, reasonable thought and great understanding.

GeorgiiMichael

Did you hear about that one incident where a bunch of guys were wearing DRESSES at Mass?! Such disrespect.

Source: http://dft.ba/-3oTf

franciscanheart

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345583195' post='2471422']
I would say cautious, rather than vague. As I have said in two separate comments in this thread, in my opinion this whole 'situation' is extremely complex, and simple answers really do not do any party justice. The whole thing is very sensitive, and deserves careful, reasonable thought and great understanding.
[/quote]
You toe the phishy line so hard it's not even funny.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345584246' post='2471443']
[/quote]

I disagree, and I am somewhat hurt by your suggestion.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345583195' post='2471422']I would say cautious, rather than vague. As I have said in two separate comments in this thread, in my opinion this whole 'situation' is extremely complex, and simple answers really do not do any party justice. [b]The whole thing is very sensitive, and deserves careful, reasonable thought and great understanding.[/b][/quote]

which is why i look forward to Aloysius' posts on this subject.

Edited by Lil Red

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1345584466' post='2471452']
i look forward to Aloysius' posts on this subject.
[/quote]

I very much enjoy Aloysius' posts on SSPX-related subjects, though I disagree with him somewhat on his distributist views.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345584531' post='2471455']
I very much enjoy Aloysius' posts on SSPX-related subjects, though I disagree with him somewhat on his distributist views.
[/quote]
Are you saying that Aloysius is in Amway?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='dUSt' timestamp='1345584693' post='2471460']
Are you saying that Aloysius is in Amway?
[/quote]
I do not understand the question.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1345586083' post='2471481']
I do not understand the question.
[/quote]

I guess dUSt and I must be too old ... I understood it!

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1345565401' post='2471270']
If you know virtually any other European language, you know that they have two forms of you - the so called "t" - "v" distinction. In French, it's tu/vous, in German it's du/Sie, in Spanish it's tu/usted, in Russian it's ty/vy, in Latin, it was tu/vobis.
[/quote]

Almost ... did you know that there are 5 forms of you in spanish if you include the plural forms?
(Argentinian spanish, and other similar dialects)
tu, vos, usted, vosotros, ustedes.
tu and vos are used interchangeably, sort of.
In Argentina -- vos is used exclusively between close friends. They rarely use tu.
And vos is not to be confused with vosotros. That's different. That's 2nd person plural familiar form (i.e. referring to talking to a group of friends that are in front of you -- "you all"). And the way the vos form is formed is not exactly the way that the vosotros form is formed "vosostros escuchais vs. vos escucha, accents missing -- and I may be completely off with the vos form!)

Modern english usually uses "you" 90% of the time for all forms of "you", i.e. familiar, non-familiar, plural, singular.

Artistically speaking, when I translated a religious song from spanish to english it made sense to use thee -- rhythmically, melodically, and meaning-wise. Otherwise (in normal speech) I would have never done so.

Ok -- carry on :)

Edited by cmariadiaz

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1345584246' post='2471443']
[/quote]

Time and time again in Church history we have seen church heirarchy wrong on non dogmatic non doctrinal matters. Gallileo anyone? It most certainly does not mean they are always wrong or usually wrong, but to discount the possibility is a little silly. It certainly isn't speaking against the Vatican to say that in the future it may be determined that they were mistaken in some regard on a matter that is not infallible.

I personally don't ever foresee the Church coming out and saying the SSPX was totally in the right on everything, but she's already come out and admitted fault with a few things associated with the SSPX (Summorum Pontificum re-instating a form of the mass that should never have been removed, lifting of the excommunications without the bishops recanting anything).