An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

Head in the clouds? Well, I got one better- how about space!

1349129622613.gif

That is awesome, ARFink.....   it does look like the same continent, but I won't tell anyone...

This caught my eye as I got ready to head off to sleep... and thought it might make a good thing for all of us to enjoy.  

What a beautiful thing to do for this little child.....

Boy writes letter to LEGO after losing minifigure, gets awesome response

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/boy-writes-letter-lego-losing-minifigure-gets-awesome-220816003.html

brianthephysicist
This caught my eye as I got ready to head off to sleep... and thought it might make a good thing for all of us to enjoy.  

What a beautiful thing to do for this little child.....

Boy writes letter to LEGO after losing minifigure, gets awesome response

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/boy-writes-letter-lego-losing-minifigure-gets-awesome-220816003.html

I've always liked the corporation at LEGO.  They're just so awesome :{D

So I kinda re-arranged my room. My new desk space is a little smaller, but much more excessively lit than before.

2013-01-17%252023.24.58.jpg

2013-01-17%252023.25.25.jpg

2013-01-17%252023.25.32.jpg

A shoebox lid makes an excellent tray to hold brushes and such. Quite handy.

Edited by arfink

Nice remodel.....

One question, though -- why do you have a toothbrush in your pens?   Do you use it to clean things, or is it an art tool?

Edited by AnneLine

To Jesus Through Mary

Good job on rearranging your desk! always a great way for me to clean and find things. 

So you know how I was talking to you about the sleep thing? Well I finally had it- my body shut down yesterday at the center. I couldn't focus on anything. Thankfully we were slow, as I could barely stay focused long enough to hear their stories.. I went to bed at 8pm (and it took so much resistance to not go to bed earlier!) and I woke at 5:30- 9.5hrs of sleep!! I feel like a new woman!! I hope you got some sleep yourself...

brianthephysicist
Good job on rearranging your desk! always a great way for me to clean and find things. 

So you know how I was talking to you about the sleep thing? Well I finally had it- my body shut down yesterday at the center. I couldn't focus on anything. Thankfully we were slow, as I could barely stay focused long enough to hear their stories.. I went to bed at 8pm (and it took so much resistance to not go to bed earlier!) and I woke at 5:30- 9.5hrs of sleep!! I feel like a new woman!! I hope you got some sleep yourself...

Haha that's awesome! Somebody tell me how to give this props.

TJTM -- glad you got some sleep.  It IS a feeling of being a new woman, isn't it!!!!

I do like the remodel, ARFink... but when you locate our props in your mess, please return them.  Thank you!!!!

Nice remodel.....

One question, though -- why do you have a toothbrush in your pens?   Do you use it to clean things, or is it an art tool?

Yes, that is indeed a toothbrush. I keep it around for a few reasons. It's never been used in anyone's mouth. It was just a really really cheap kind that dentist used to give out, with very straight and stiff bristles. I use it for cleaning parts that have come off the laser, and have also used it as a flux brush, and for cleaning corrosion off of things like battery contacts after dipping the brush into rubbing alcohol or contact cleaner. It's actually a really useful tool to have around.

Oh, that's tough. I hate it when I get so tired I'm literally falling asleep on the job. That stinks. But I am glad you got some really good sleep! Hope you can keep it up.

It sounds silly, but I think for a penance in lent I may give up staying up past midnight.

he he he  I was thinking the same thing... for ME.  

Irony.... this morning I was woken up at 7AM by the prioress of one of the Carmelite monasteries who needed to respond to a message I had left for her.  She found my message last night at 11:30 but said that she was afraid to call me then because 'I didn't want to wake you.' 

I nearly ROTFL ... she doesn't know me very well.   ROTFL   ROTFL

If ever they want to get info out of me, wake me at 7AM  I'll tell you ANYTHING if you just let me go back to sleep......

I posted pictures of my desk on Google+. All my artist friends were drooling over the neato brush tray I had made from a shoe box lid, and gazing at every tiny little thing in there. One guy accurately spotted every single thing I had in the box lid. All my geek friends were drooling over my amazing keyboard. I tell you, there are a lot of us who like old computer gear. My hobby is justified. :)

Edited by arfink

i iz old.   The keyboard didn't even register as being old to me.   i iz old....  i think we got one of those too.....