An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

So, a dad in China, who is a mechanical engineer and custom car builder decided to spoil his son in a huge way with the most amazing electric-powered kiddie car you could possibly imagine. Apparently he spent more on this than you would on a new BMW. O.o

http://imgur.com/a/EdTWR

Before painting, and after painting.

iHIzUZK.pngUAwO8Nc.jpg

Real double wishbone suspension and disk brakes in a kiddie car. Yes please. :drool:

7SoN0ai.jpgVPBcoHF.jpg

Oh my ^^^.... oh if I were not hanging out with MY not-so-young-YA group (we've been meeing for over 20 years, every week, guys!  I teasingly call us the long-of-tooth young adults... hey we're in our 50's & 60's now!!!!)....

I'll pray for you and perhaps, if the Spirit so intends, maybe even bilocate.... wanna know what happens!!!!!

Loved the car & the pizza ordering, ARFink!!!!!

I remember the day someone with the early artificial larnyx called into the career center... .totally understood what happened to the initial pizza calls.  I loved how the person sending the request learned to say bluntly up front - I am using an artifcial voice.  Please be patient and wait for me to do the order.  That is so respectful of the person, and I also liked how they taught the user to use the eqipment with them.

Didn't much care for the pizza toppings on the order... but hey, everyone is different!

Related topic.... when I was at Disabled Students in teh mid 1980's we got a brand new 'Kurzweil reading machine'

Probabaly bounced off that same research.  We were the only place in northern California that had this.  It allowed those with vision and other disabilities to read stuff -- by themselves.   To me it made sense, sure, for business and school... but one of the users confided to me, "Oh but you don't understand.   this is the first time in my entire life that I can read a love letter, a very intimate love letter, all by myself without another human being being between us.   You will never know what this means to me."   I probably never will, but my eyes are tearing up remembering the look on her face, and the catch in her voice.    We don't realize what something this simple can mean for someone, really, we don't...

In 1976, inventor and entrepreneur Ray Kurzweil unveiled a reading machine for the blind, which could scan and speak text. It was an instant sensation. Stevie Wonder purchased the first production model. The technology behind it was soon given many wider applications and was licensed by the Lexis-Nexis database. Kurzweil sold his company to Xerox, and went on to found many more.

kurzweil_reading_machine.jpg

Lots of other interesting stuff in here, ARFink (and others) you'll love it....

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/smallbusiness/0809/gallery.opening_new_worlds.smb/2.html

Screenshot+from+2013-01-23+16:57:03.png

30 layers right there. :)

Now that's gonna take 4-5 hours more work to get them all cut out. Well, or so I estimate. Could be much less.

That is super epic!!!!

It's occurred to me I haven't been in this thread for a long time. :wave:

So pumped to have you on board tonight. Let's see how much liberation theology we can spot! ;) 

To Jesus Through Mary
Screenshot+from+2013-01-23+16:57:03.png

30 layers right there. :)

Now that's gonna take 4-5 hours more work to get them all cut out. Well, or so I estimate. Could be much less.

Nice!! Congrats on getting the 30 in!