An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

Some of you may remember that I have been working with a scientist to make a motorized automatic microscope stage which can be used to automate the microscopic photography of entire samples, and then stitch the images together into one big image. Well, here is the result of the first test run. :)

Blaise says:

This is a stitched image of rock sample. I made this with an XY stage I am working on with +Anthony Fink and +Christopher Beddoe.

The sample is embedded in epoxy (see the top boundary) and has a piece of copper tape (bottom boundary) to take charge off the surface (this is a scanning electron microscope sample). The images are taken with a Nikon Eclipse 50i using episcopic illumination. Moving the sample is done manually (with a joy stick) because I have more work to do on the computer interface.

So my sister really really likes to crochet. She made me another one, this time without a pattern. :love: I have the nicest sisters.

:)

:) :) :)

:) :)

you's learning tips from me and the bunnies...   Smiley faces.... yup, very useful things: :)

I LOVE your new avatar bunny... If your sisters do slippers, I might have a commission for her....

Edited by AnneLine

To Jesus Through Mary

IMG_3512.JPG

So my sister really really likes to crochet. She made me another one, this time without a pattern. :love: I have the nicest sisters.

So I notice your turtle is upside down there. :P

ETA: She has some pretty awesome skill. 

Edited by To Jesus Through Mary

I did a little watercolor painting this weekend. I still think I like the results of my digital work more, but there's something fun about using real paint and real brushes.

I'm looking at getting a passthrough scanner soon for digitizing business documents. I like the specs of the Fujitsu ScanSnap models and the fact they work well in Linux, specifically the older S510M. They go very cheaply on FleaBay too, so I'm gonna try to score one.

IMG_3513.JPG

IMG_3514.JPG

I did a little watercolor painting this weekend. I still think I like the results of my digital work more, but there's something fun about using real paint and real brushes.

So pretty. I wish I were there, haha.

Nice painting, ARFink!    I agree with Missy... let's go!!!!!

Wouldn't mind it if you could tell us about it.... unless it's too personal....

I also like your 'family photos' above the art area.   Nice.

I find it interesting that the whole picture has the feel of 'inside the artist's studio' -- from the family photos, to the left overs from the 30 layer project, to the soda can, to the not totally cleaned up but still much organized desk.  Yup... has the feel of looking at the space of a working ARTIST, not just someone who has fun with the stuff.  Makes me happy.

IMG_3513.JPG