Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently


Recommended Posts

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Gaslight (1944) with Ingrid Bergman. SO disturbing!! (But SO good!)

southern california guy
Posted

Yesterday I saw the Korean movie "Wedding Dress" on Youtube.  I really enjoyed it.  It is certainly a moving Korean drama.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZbxJe5iMEc

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

It was my first time watching it.  It's incredible!  It really is hard to believe that it was released 75 years ago.

 

Plus, I understand this skit more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjUYw2HKB7o

Probably one of the greatest skits in comedy history: "I saw it in the window and couldn't resist." 
Coincidentally this line works well for the Von Trapp children too. 

ChristianGirlForever
Posted

I normally watch old movies, so, North by Northwest, The Big Sleep, and Born Free.

Credo in Deum
Posted

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas. An excellent movie.

http://youtu.be/9ypMp0s5Hiw

Posted

Gaslight (1944) with Ingrid Bergman. SO disturbing!! (But SO good!)

Love that movie so much.  

ChristianGirlForever
Posted

Love that movie so much.


Me, too! I've watched it since I was a child. I always love how Joseph Cotton rescues Ingrid Bergman from her terrifying situation, and how she triumphs in the end. Is this I knife I am holding, my husband, or am I mad and it is a figment of my imagination?

My Dad used to imitate Charles Boyer saying "Paula" to give my Mom and me the shivers.

Oh, and Joseph Cotton is so cute. Definitely adds to the movie IMO.

Don't you love Ingrid Bergman's clothes in this movie. I wonder if they still exist.
maximillion
Posted

Non Stop..........it was entertaining for a while. A Liam Neeson showcase.

Ancilla Domini
Posted

Me, too! I've watched it since I was a child. I always love how Joseph Cotton rescues Ingrid Bergman from her terrifying situation, and how she triumphs in the end. Is this I knife I am holding, my husband, or am I mad and it is a figment of my imagination? That part was soo good! "Are you suggesting that this is a knife I hold in my hand? Have you gone mad, my husband?"

My Dad used to imitate Charles Boyer saying "Paula" to give my Mom and me the shivers. Creeeeepyyy. XD

 

 

Posted

The Quiet Man. 

Annex-Wayne-John-Quiet-Man-The_02.jpg
 

Posted

Wish I could give you triple props on this - it's my favorite John Wayne movie.

The Quiet Man. 

Annex-Wayne-John-Quiet-Man-The_02.jpg
 

 

Posted

It's a definite classic!!! 

Posted

Thinking I should probably get that picture framed at some point....  :P

OnlySunshine
Posted

Chocolat

 

Tommy Boy

 

Robin Hood: Men in Tights

 

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

 

Silence of the Lambs

maximillion
Posted

Avatar - again.

 

 

OnlySunshine
Posted

Transcendence

 

This movie is truly creepy.  It's about this woman who uploads her late husband's thoughts into a computer so he can live forever and it goes WAY too far.  Reminds me a lot of "I, Robot" or "Surrogates."

ChristianGirlForever
Posted

It's a definite classic!!!


I love John Wayne! 😊
ChristianGirlForever
Posted


Thanks, Ancilla, I was doing that from memory, and I didn't do it justice. Yeah, it was creepy. I used to squeal when I was a child and he'd do it. Lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...