OnlySunshine

Chocolat

Tommy Boy

Robin Hood: Men in Tights

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Silence of the Lambs

OnlySunshine

Transcendence

This movie is truly creepy.  It's about this woman who uploads her late husband's thoughts into a computer so he can live forever and it goes WAY too far.  Reminds me a lot of "I, Robot" or "Surrogates."

ChristianGirlForever

Thanks, Ancilla, I was doing that from memory, and I didn't do it justice. Yeah, it was creepy. I used to squeal when I was a child and he'd do it. Lol

ChristianGirlForever

Jane Eyre (1983). My favourite adaptation. :)

I should try that version. I saw the Orson Welles one, and found it very disappointing. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, so that's probably why.

Not A Mallard

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Interesting, but disturbing.  For the most part, it painted humanity in a cruel image and wanted us to root for the apes' revenge against us.

Spem in alium

I should try that version. I saw the Orson Welles one, and found it very disappointing. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books, so that's probably why.

Definitely recommend it - I liked it much better than more recent versions. It's incredibly and refreshingly faithful to the book. Timothy Dalton plays Rochester so well, and I felt Zelah Clarke really embodied Jane's "littleness" and temperament.

Though I should let you know, it would take a few hours to watch as it was made for television. :)

Edited by Spem in alium

ChristianGirlForever

I'm starting it. I like how the actress portays Jane. It seems quite well-done so-far. Thanks, Spem! :)

Ancilla Domini

Yeah, the Orson Welles one was rather disappointing. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books as well, and one of the first things that sprung out at me (aside from the changes between the book and the movie) was that Jane is supposed to be plain to the point of near-ugliness, and Mr. Rochester IS ugly, and...somehow...Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine? Meh... :P

Edited by Ancilla Domini

Spem in alium

I'm starting it. I like how the actress portays Jane. It seems quite well-done so-far. Thanks, Spem! :)

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it. :) My favourite scenes are the proposal and the scene before Jane leaves Rochester, though I also like their reunion at the end. And I was thrilled that this version includes the scene with the gypsy woman!

Yeah, the Orson Welles one was rather disappointing. Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books as well, and one of the first things that sprung out at me (aside from the changes between the book and the movie) was that Jane is supposed to be plain to the point of near-ugliness, and Mr. Rochester IS ugly, and...somehow...Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine? Meh... :P

Well, the 1983 version did cop a little criticism because Rochester was played by Timothy Dalton, who is, well...not ugly  :P But when the book was written, men darker in complexion were considered less attractive (which accounts for part of Rochester's indignation when Jane speaks to him about St John), so it does fit. Dalton's portrayal of Rochester, particularly his character, is wonderfully natural and believable.

Edited by Spem in alium