An Old School Catholic Message Board

Movies You Have Watched Recently

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Not A Mallard

Strictly Ballroom

Very over-the-top, in-your-face, and took some getting used to, but I'm glad that I stuck with it. I was smiling through most of its runtime.

Tintin's Adventures. Very funny and exciting. No sex, no violence, no profanity.

Nice choice! I'm a big fan of the Tintin books, and I thought that the movie, though not as good as the graphic novels, was great fun and did justice to Herge's characters.

Not A Mallard

Spongebob has been nothing but a big cash-cow since it was brought back after the first movie, and this new Spongebob movie can't affirm this opinion more.

*lil girl 4 jesus*

"The Quiet Man"

I was hungover, it was on Netflix, and John Wayne is soothing. You always know he's gonna beat out the bad guy. Or in this case, get the girl. Been a favorite of mine since I was little.

(Does this belong in the old movies fan club?)

So, just watched The Conjuring. Holy crap, quite the movie. One of the better portrayals of the Church with regards to exorcisms. Some inaccuracies and sensationalism, but pretty darn impressive for a big production like that.

PhuturePriest

Sleeping Beauty

Still one of my favourite Disney movies. On a similar note, the National Ballet of Canada is doing the Tchaikovsky ballet this summer. If I can somehow scrounge up the money...

Oh my word, I love Sleeping Beauty. Princess Aurora was my childhood crush. Now it's Belle, but still, Princess Aurora is beautiful all the same.

Strictly Ballroom

Very over-the-top, in-your-face, and took some getting used to, but I'm glad that I stuck with it. I was smiling through most of its runtime.

A priest actually recommended this movie to me because I'm a ballroom dancer and he thought I'd enjoy it. It's definitely over-the-top, but that's what makes it really funny, I think.

So, just watched The Conjuring. Holy croutons, quite the movie. One of the better portrayals of the Church with regards to exorcisms. Some inaccuracies and sensationalism, but pretty darn impressive for a big production like that.

Yeah, I did not sleep very well last night. :sweat:

MargaretTeresa

I want to see Selma soon.

Recently, I've been watching The Way pretty much on repeat. Maybe because I want to walk el camino someday soon.