An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nihil's Stream Of Insanity

Nihil Obstat

Nihil Obstat

Really looking forward to starting at my new job this week. Hopefully I can get oriented and figure the store out really quick so I can start sorting out the process of becoming an ebay seller. After that I'm guessing there will be a really long process of photographing and posting all the knives we want to have listed online. But I think it will really pay off. Instead of being limited just to one area of a very big city, we will be able to sell to customers across Canada, and possibly the US too.

• 4 months later...
Nihil Obstat

Guys. Guys guys. I need three props to hit six thousand. You all have the signal pleasure of competing over who gets to issue them.

For liability reasons I have to advise you all to play fair, but frankly I could not give any less of a bother.

Nihil Obstat

Well this is embarrassing. :detective:

Ok, the person who gives me my 6000th prop wins a fabulous prize that is definitely not a cheap and transparent scam.

Nihil Obstat

Looks like either Immanuel or Ancilla Domini gave me #6000. Since I cannot tell for sure I will call it as Ancilla, since she gave me two.

The fabulous prize is..... A PROP! No, TWOPROPS!! *applause*

Nihil Obstat

Got a great price today on a Benchmade 746 Bob Lum mini-Onslaught. I was reading up yesterday on Bob Lum, who was really a knifemaking genius. Sad to learn that he passed away a few years ago, and therefore his custom-made knives are all but impossible to obtain. But, Benchmade and Spyderco both did some design work with Lum (Spyderco with the Lum Tanto and the Chinese folder). So I bought what happens to be my first Benchmade for my own use rather than as a gift.

746%5Blarge%5D.1346518306.jpg

Very smooth action. And it fits nicely in the hand too. With my employee discount, I could not really pass this one up.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

• 1 month later...
Nihil Obstat

Marussia driver Jules Bianchi is in hospital in critical condition after a very serious crash in Suzuka. He spun out on a very wet track and hit a truck that was lifting a car that had just crashed in the same area.
Bianchi took at least 50Gs, with a lot of force directly to his head. Nobody is saying yet, but he could have permanent brain damage.

veritasluxmea

ECCE:

THE EARL OF LEMONGRAB!

Originally they wanted to call him the Earl of Lemonsnatch, but the network vetoed that one. Said it was inappropriate for a kid's show. So they settled with Lemongrab.

He first appears after Princess Bubblegum has been reverted to thirteen years old. He takes over the Candy Kingdom castle because by Candy Kingdom Law, she has to be 18 in order to lawfully rule. He ends up sending everyone to the dungeon, so Princess Bubblegum turns herself eighteen again and fires Lemongrab.
Later on he comes back. It turns out that for several weeks he has been sneaking into the castle at night and watching the Candy Kingdom citizens while they sleep. Eventually they clone him so that he has some company back at Castle Lemongrab. It turns out that the only person he can get along with is himself.

And people criticize Doctor Who for being "weird". That show is someone's pipe dream. 

Nihil Obstat

And people criticize Doctor Who for being "weird". That show is someone's pipe dream. 

Much later on, well after I wrote that post, there was an episode in which Lemongrab ate his lemon-clone-brother-possiblyhusband.

veritasluxmea

Much later on, well after I wrote that post, there was an episode in which Lemongrab ate his lemon-clone-brother-possiblyhusband.

:|

Edited by veritasluxmea

• 2 months later...

Did some touch-up sharpening on the knives I have been using most recently. Got a really beautiful razor edge on the GB and the Hungarian. Domino did not really need it, but it looks pretty awesome now anyway.
Mora needed some serious tlc. Still could use some, but it is just a beater so not a big deal.

66x6kcG.jpg

Edited by Nihil Obstat