An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nihil's Stream Of Insanity

Nihil Obstat

Unfortunately I have come down with a brutal cold right before Christmas. :P Midnight Mass may not be very much fun.

On the plus side, at least I do not have to work.

Signed up to take a firearms course in January. Doing it through a firearms club at the university, so it is much cheaper than doing it on my own. After I have finished the course I can apply for my Possession and Acquisition licence for unrestricted firearms. Once I have gotten that I am thinking about getting a rifle, maybe a Mosin Nagant or something along those lines.

Mosin-Nagant.jpg

Edited by Nihil Obstat

PhuturePriest

Signed up to take a firearms course in January. Doing it through a firearms club at the university, so it is much cheaper than doing it on my own. After I have finished the course I can apply for my Possession and Acquisition licence for unrestricted firearms. Once I have gotten that I am thinking about getting a rifle, maybe a Mosin Nagant or something along those lines.

Mosin-Nagant.jpg

I'm drooling. I would love a Mosin Nagant just because of its historical significance. The only guns I would want more are a Lee Enfield and Mauser.

The 98k goes for quite a bit more these days. Probably upwards of 600 if I had to guess. I should look into the Lee Enfield though.

• 2 weeks later...
PhuturePriest

The 98k goes for quite a bit more these days. Probably upwards of 600 if I had to guess. I should look into the Lee Enfield though.

My great-grandfather used a Lee Enfield in World War II, and now my uncle has it. It kills me, because he's not exactly good with things, and I know the moment he dies it's going to go to one of his step-children when obviously it should go to me.

:|

• 2 weeks later...

Passed the course. 100% on written and 100% on practical. The written test was insultingly easy.

Going to apply for my possession and acquisition licence now. :proud:

Almost done the paperwork. Just need mommy to sign off as one of my references. And I need an ID picture taken.

Passed the course. 100% on written and 100% on practical. The written test was insultingly easy.

Going to apply for my possession and acquisition licence now. :proud:

Congrats.  At first I thought you were writing about something academic, not your PAL.  

Congrats. At first I thought you were writing about something academic, not your PAL.

Perfect scores on my tests at the university are few and far between. :hehe: