An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nihil's Stream Of Insanity

Nihil Obstat

Since we haven't heard from Bunchie recently, it's nice to see what his relatives are up to.  :)

That is Bunchie's Chinese cousin, Grass Mud Horse.

20120723150404978.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
truthfinder

I knew I was addicted to phatmass - but never as much as the crushing disappointment I'd feel every time I'd try to log on  - several times a day.

Nihil Obstat

I knew I was addicted to phatmass - but never as much as the crushing disappointment I'd feel every time I'd try to log on  - several times a day.

​I was so desperate I almost got some schoolwork done. Thank goodness we got back online in time. I might have learned something. :shock:

truthfinder

​I was so desperate I almost got some schoolwork done. Thank goodness we got back online in time. I might have learned something. :shock:

​Well my days have been severely disrupted due to happenings at my uni; I've been learning plenty of lessons, but none of them of to do with what I'm supposed to be learning.

Nihil Obstat

​Well my days have been severely disrupted due to happenings at my uni; I've been learning plenty of lessons, but none of them of to do with what I'm supposed to be learning.

​They announced that Dr. Macintosh has changed schools and is going to be your supervisor for the entirety of your program?

truthfinder

​They announced that Dr. Macintosh has changed schools and is going to be your supervisor for the entirety of your program?

​I could probably handle that, once I got used to his style.  Striking smells of elderberries.

Nihil Obstat

I finally, finally figured out what was wrong with my desktop computer.

It was an old PC that was past its useful life with Windows, so I commandeered it, formatted the hard drive, and started running Linux. For months I was testing different operating systems, and the only one that would actually work was Deepin. But Deepin was unstable and ended up crashing on me just the other day. So I tried more operating systems. Basically every popular distro, I have downloaded it and tried to install it, but the installation would always fail on this computer. Could never figure out why.

But yesterday I tried this random console command that I saw in a thread that was vaguely related to the error codes I was getting. I still have no idea what was wrong, and no idea how this command fixed it, but now I can finally install Linux distros properly. It was a triumphant evening.

Running Kubuntu now, but I might dual boot Xubuntu to compare.

Nihil Obstat

Ordered my rifle today. Two-ish weeks until it arrives, probably. Shipping was free, so I do not know an exact date.

truthfinder

So I guess that means your PAL finally arrived.  Just wait, you'll get recruited to supervise the boys' camp next year.

IgnatiusofLoyola

I would think they'd want the guy with the gun to supervise the girls' camp. (And, Moosey would come along, too, to protect Nihil from the girls.)