Mark of the Cross Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1351535692' post='2499708'] I've been around for 3 months... [/quote] I'll nominate you! Unfortunately I don't think it counts. Asians are amesome!
Mark of the Cross Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1351552790' post='2500010'] Or don't want them [/quote] Your case? Since by all rights you should otherwise have one.
dominicansoul Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1351553140' post='2500015'] i dont want mine [/quote]
tojo Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 I'm glad they don't revoke your status if you go inactive for a while. Perhaps, like baptism,Church Militant status leaves an indelible mark that cannot be erased....
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2012 Author Posted October 29, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Slappo' timestamp='1351552790' post='2500010'] Or don't want them [/quote] I nominate Slappo for Church Scholar. [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1351553172' post='2500017'] [/quote] Teh [url="http://cws.gtc.edu/departments/Library/Library%20Technology%20Tips%20webpage/floppy.jpg"]floop[/url] do you not have one for? Edited October 29, 2012 by Nihil Obstat
qfnol31 Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='tomasio127' timestamp='1351553342' post='2500020'] I'm glad they don't revoke your status if you go inactive for a while. Perhaps, like baptism,Church Militant status leaves an indelible mark that cannot be erased.... [/quote] You can sin mortally against it, however.
Mark of the Cross Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='homeschoolmom' timestamp='1351508391' post='2499557'] "Marital knowledge" can mean.... something else. [/quote] It's no lie, I think at 16 he should know about those things by now.
tojo Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='qfnol31' timestamp='1351553395' post='2500023'] You can sin mortally against it, however. [/quote] But even though one may stain the white garment of their CM status doesn't mean the garment is stripped away or cannot be cleansed.
KnightofChrist Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 I nominate Freedom for the CM tag. Yeah, that's right, deal with it! Suckers...
Nihil Obstat Posted October 29, 2012 Author Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351553641' post='2500027'] I nominate Freedom for the CM tag. Yeah, that's right, deal with it! Suckers... [/quote] I nominate Freedom for the coveted Lemongrab Award. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw
PadrePioOfPietrelcino Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 Nihil Obstat Criteria for Church Militant:[list] [*]Doesn't ever post anything that contradicts Church teaching, aka is a good rep of the Church [*]Nominated by other Church Militant members [*]Is charitable [*]generally has been around for a while [/list] I gues Nihil Obstat doesn't think I'm cool enough 1) I loathe the thought of contradicting the church 2) never has happened... 3) I try my best although sometime I fail... 4) only 7 years Bonus...former member of FBC
qfnol31 Posted October 29, 2012 Posted October 29, 2012 [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1351554494' post='2500042'] Nihil Obstat Criteria for Church Militant:[list] [*]Doesn't ever post anything that contradicts Church teaching, aka is a good rep of the Church [*]Nominated by other Church Militant members [*]Is charitable [*]generally has been around for a while [/list] I gues Nihil Obstat doesn't think I'm cool enough 1) I loathe the thought of contradicting the church 2) never has happened... 3) I try my best although sometime I fail... 4) only 7 years Bonus...former member of FBC [/quote] I miss the FBC.
KnightofChrist Posted October 30, 2012 Posted October 30, 2012 I'd also like to nominate Nihil for the baddest badazz Canadian with a beard tag.
dominicansoul Posted October 30, 2012 Posted October 30, 2012 [quote name='KnightofChrist' timestamp='1351557453' post='2500062'] I'd also like to nominate Nihil for the baddest badazz Canadian with a beard tag. [/quote] i nominate vee
Anastasia13 Posted October 30, 2012 Posted October 30, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351491766' post='2499518']Seems like a good list as a start. Did I miss anyone cool? I only paid attention to profiles with 500+ posts.[/quote] I'm cool, but schismatic Orthodox would have to be accepted before I would be eligible.
Anastasia13 Posted October 30, 2012 Posted October 30, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351493075' post='2499528'] If I hear a man named Irenaeus Saintonge being arrested for subversive activities I will hike to your jail if I have to in order to speak with you and all your bearded glory. If you have no beard then bailing you out is off the table. No beard = No bail, unless of course you were caught in a shaving fight or something, in which case I will bail you. But it will come with the cost of having me sleep in your house during the winter because I like the snow. We can trade martial knowledge during this period if you like. It will be much like The Last Samurai, except less cool because you're Canadian. [/quote] On Canadian Thanksgiving day, I thank God for Canadians.
vee Posted October 30, 2012 Posted October 30, 2012 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1351557820' post='2500069'] i nominate vee [/quote] Thanks!! [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DOt_rRESOrU/TjoRdAn7IfI/AAAAAAAACxM/BCJO6oYfads/s1600/cs_goat.jpg[/img]
Nihil Obstat Posted October 30, 2012 Author Posted October 30, 2012 [quote name='PadrePioOfPietrelcino' timestamp='1351554494' post='2500042'] Nihil Obstat Criteria for Church Militant:[list] [*]Doesn't ever post anything that contradicts Church teaching, aka is a good rep of the Church [*]Nominated by other Church Militant members [*]Is charitable [*]generally has been around for a while [/list] I gues Nihil Obstat doesn't think I'm cool enough 1) I loathe the thought of contradicting the church 2) never has happened... 3) I try my best although sometime I fail... 4) only 7 years Bonus...former member of FBC [/quote] I figured if you did not have one after seven years, it is probably because you were a notorious heretic before my time.
i<3franciscans Posted October 30, 2012 Posted October 30, 2012 [quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1351536451' post='2499716'] I got CM on the Chicken Militant night (with i<3fran, i<3LSOP, and a few others)... I don't even remember what the name of the thread was. I hope that I deserve my title even though I got it because of a late night joke thread. I second all the people you nominated. Yes, even FP. Nvrmd. [/quote] That was such fun night!!! It all went so fast!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now