PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 (edited) Alright, show of hands: Who wants to see me embarrass myself by uploading a video of me singing? Also, which song? If you don't like the options than make your own suggestion. Justin Bieber will automatically be discarded. *Note* If technical complications arise I will unfortunately have to not do the video, even if there is a landslide request. Edited November 1, 2012 by FuturePriest387
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 Ooh, fun thought! Pick a sappy love song and I will dedicate my singing it to any Phatmass user you want.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 (edited) Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, please. And dedicate it to all the young ladies of Phatmass. Change the lyrics to suit a male if you must, but it is not necessary. Edited November 1, 2012 by Nihil Obstat
GeorgiiMichael Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351744925' post='2501814'] Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, please. And dedicate it to all the young ladies of Phatmass. Change the lyrics to suit a male if you must, but it is not necessary. [/quote] This is really the only option available to you, FP.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 New rule: You must choose from the choices on the poll, unless you have a viable option like Josh Groban or a different song from one of the already chosen artists.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 My option is perfectly viable. You should add it to your poll so that I can cast a vote.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 Please note that I can't do Save The Last Dance For Me as well as the top three.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 Ignore me at your own peril. [img]http://fim.413chan.net/fim/src/132440918115-FiM49.gif[/img]
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 I will ignore you because you have terrible taste.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 It is not that I [i]like[/i] the song, exactly, although I do not necessarily hate it either. Rather, I think it would be the perfect song with which to serenade the lovely young ladies here on Phatmass. Also I kind of want to hear a male voice cover that song.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351748637' post='2501865'] It is not that I [i]like[/i] the song, exactly, although I do not necessarily hate it either. Rather, I think it would be the perfect song with which to serenade the lovely young ladies here on Phatmass. Also I kind of want to hear a male voice cover that song. [/quote] That's all great and stuff, but the point is to do a song I can actually sing. Look at the list of songs in the poll and note they are all done by classical singers (Save for U2, but I wasn't really serious about that one). If I'm going down I'm going down in style, not by singing the same words over and over again in what has got to be the most repetitive song I've ever heard. I don't have the typical young pop star voice, I have a relatively deep voice that is more set for classical music, which I find rather ironic seeing as how I originally honed it to where I am now singing AC/DC and Guns N' Roses. For the past eight or nine months it has been mostly all classical, but before then it was Rock music. Edited November 1, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 Fine, I voted. But if you do not like pop, then I would at least prefer something cool like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_sdWaqpZw Or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351749520' post='2501874'] Fine, I voted. But if you do not like pop, then I would at least prefer something cool like this: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_sdWaqpZw[/media] Or this: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM[/media] [/quote] That first guy's singing capabilities are amazing. He has mastered his voice to a point that is well beyond me, so the answer is no. Elvis is a definite no. If I am going to do that I will do the REAL kings of Rock, The Beatles. And gosh darn it, Nihil. I'm taking Save The Last Dance For Me off. I can't sing it as well as I can the others. It's better in serenading the ladies, yes, but I can serenade them just as well with words like "You alone can make my song take flight". And better yet, it's a bit self-centered, which is hilarious because I make jokes about me being self-centered. Edited November 1, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Pax_et bonum Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 Know any Thomas Tallis? You can do like SheisCatholic (Sr. Leah) did for a song once and record the different parts separately and then overlay the tracts.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 [quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1351749835' post='2501879'] Know any Thomas Tallis? You can do like SheisCatholic (Sr. Leah) did for a song once and record the different parts separately and then overlay the tracts. [/quote] Yeah... About that... I have no clue how to do videos. I am mostly just going to get my camera/recorder, press play, dedicate the song followed by a wink, and then start it up on Youtube as I sing. It will be very low-budget. That is, unless someone wants to tell me how to properly do it if I indeed can on a camera/recorder.
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351749706' post='2501877'] That first guy's singing capabilities are amazing. He has mastered his voice to a point that is well beyond me, so the answer is no. Elvis is a definite no. If I am going to do that I will do the REAL kings of Rock, The Beatles. And gosh darn it, Nihil. I'm taking Save The Last Dance For Me off. I can't sing it as well as I can the others. It's better in serenading the ladies, yes, but I can serenade them just as well with words like "You alone can make my song take flight". And better yet, it's a bit self-centered, which is hilarious because I make jokes about me being self-centered. [/quote] Yeah, that first guy is a world class baritone. Elvis is amesome. I would take him over the Beatles any day. Honestly, I tried, but the Beatles never really did it for me. I like lots and lots of music, and as is often the case I do not [i]dis[/i]like the Beatles, but I do not go out of my way to listen to them, and there are many many things I prefer. Ok, if I can find a song that you enjoy, will you add it to the list to replace Save the Last Dance?
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 (edited) [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351750268' post='2501885'] Yeah, that first guy is a world class baritone. Elvis is amesome. I would take him over the Beatles any day. Honestly, I tried, but the Beatles never really did it for me. I like lots and lots of music, and as is often the case I do not [i]dis[/i]like the Beatles, but I do not go out of my way to listen to them, and there are many many things I prefer. Ok, if I can find a song that you enjoy, will you add it to the list to replace Save the Last Dance? [/quote] I can't meddle with the poll anymore, so no. You can post it and others can second it, though. Keep in mind I'm a tenor. Lower C to middle C is preferred because I want to stay safe using my modal voice. I'm not against going a little higher with my falsetto, but I'm not going anywhere near my highest note, which is two notes below the C above high C. I'm so close to being a triple octave... Edited November 1, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Nihil Obstat Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351749980' post='2501882'] Yeah... About that... I have no clue how to do videos. I am mostly just going to get my camera/recorder, press play, dedicate the song followed by a wink, and then start it up on Youtube as I sing. It will be very low-budget. That is, unless someone wants to tell me how to properly do it if I indeed can on a camera/recorder. [/quote] Yeah man, that should work. If you have decent recording equipment there certainly are [i]better[/i] ways to do it, but if you want to do it all in one or two takes, on a shoestring budget, then that should work just fine. If you have trouble with the video format (hopefully you do not) we can help you convert the file to something Youtube can use.
PhuturePriest Posted November 1, 2012 Author Posted November 1, 2012 [quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351750364' post='2501888'] Yeah man, that should work. If you have decent recording equipment there certainly are [i]better[/i] ways to do it, but if you want to do it all in one or two takes, on a shoestring budget, then that should work just fine. If you have trouble with the video format (hopefully you do not) we can help you convert the file to something Youtube can use. [/quote] I don't believe I have anything else. The camera is a high end camera - it cost about four hundred dollars when we bought it, which was before 2007, so it's not like it will be a bunch of fuzz (Hopefully). I'll just have to see if it works out.
Pax_et bonum Posted November 1, 2012 Posted November 1, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351749980' post='2501882'] Yeah... About that... I have no clue how to do videos. I am mostly just going to get my camera/recorder, press play, dedicate the song followed by a wink, and then start it up on Youtube as I sing. It will be very low-budget. That is, unless someone wants to tell me how to properly do it if I indeed can on a camera/recorder. [/quote] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38O5Rk6ge5k&feature=related I'm sure you could do something like this with basic video editing software. Your computer probably came with it; mine came with Windows Movie Maker.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now