An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Wants To See Me Embarrass Myself?

PhuturePriest

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhuturePriest

Alright, show of hands: Who wants to see me embarrass myself by uploading a video of me singing? Also, which song? If you don't like the options than make your own suggestion. Justin Bieber will automatically be discarded.

*Note* If technical complications arise I will unfortunately have to not do the video, even if there is a landslide request.

Edited by FuturePriest387

PhuturePriest

Ooh, fun thought! Pick a sappy love song and I will dedicate my singing it to any Phatmass user you want.

Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, please.

And dedicate it to all the young ladies of Phatmass.

Change the lyrics to suit a male if you must, but it is not necessary.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

GeorgiiMichael

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351744925' post='2501814']
Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen, please.

And dedicate it to all the young ladies of Phatmass.

Change the lyrics to suit a male if you must, but it is not necessary.
[/quote]
This is really the only option available to you, FP.

PhuturePriest

New rule:

You must choose from the choices on the poll, unless you have a viable option like Josh Groban or a different song from one of the already chosen artists.

It is not that I [i]like[/i] the song, exactly, although I do not necessarily hate it either. Rather, I think it would be the perfect song with which to serenade the lovely young ladies here on Phatmass.
Also I kind of want to hear a male voice cover that song.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351748637' post='2501865']
It is not that I [i]like[/i] the song, exactly, although I do not necessarily hate it either. Rather, I think it would be the perfect song with which to serenade the lovely young ladies here on Phatmass.
Also I kind of want to hear a male voice cover that song.
[/quote]

That's all great and stuff, but the point is to do a song I can actually sing. Look at the list of songs in the poll and note they are all done by classical singers (Save for U2, but I wasn't really serious about that one). If I'm going down I'm going down in style, not by singing the same words over and over again in what has got to be the most repetitive song I've ever heard.

I don't have the typical young pop star voice, I have a relatively deep voice that is more set for classical music, which I find rather ironic seeing as how I originally honed it to where I am now singing AC/DC and Guns N' Roses. For the past eight or nine months it has been mostly all classical, but before then it was Rock music.

Fine, I voted. <_<

But if you do not like pop, then I would at least prefer something cool like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_sdWaqpZw

Or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351749520' post='2501874']
Fine, I voted. <_<

But if you do not like pop, then I would at least prefer something cool like this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs_sdWaqpZw[/media]

Or this:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJac6OykfM[/media]
[/quote]

That first guy's singing capabilities are amazing. He has mastered his voice to a point that is well beyond me, so the answer is no.

Elvis is a definite no. If I am going to do that I will do the REAL kings of Rock, The Beatles.

And gosh darn it, Nihil. I'm taking Save The Last Dance For Me off. I can't sing it as well as I can the others. It's better in serenading the ladies, yes, but I can serenade them just as well with words like "You alone can make my song take flight". And better yet, it's a bit self-centered, which is hilarious because I make jokes about me being self-centered.

Know any Thomas Tallis? You can do like SheisCatholic (Sr. Leah) did for a song once and record the different parts separately and then overlay the tracts.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1351749835' post='2501879']
Know any Thomas Tallis? You can do like SheisCatholic (Sr. Leah) did for a song once and record the different parts separately and then overlay the tracts.
[/quote]

Yeah... About that... I have no clue how to do videos. I am mostly just going to get my camera/recorder, press play, dedicate the song followed by a wink, and then start it up on Youtube as I sing. It will be very low-budget. That is, unless someone wants to tell me how to properly do it if I indeed can on a camera/recorder.