Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Wants To See Me Embarrass Myself?


  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

AHA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWN_duZfIs

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1351750658' post='2501892']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38O5Rk6ge5k&feature=related[/media]

I'm sure you could do something like this with basic video editing software. Your computer probably came with it; mine came with Windows Movie Maker.
[/quote]

I would have to learn how to do it, which considering I am from the eighteenth century by heart (Or EmilyAnn said something along those lines, anyway) that may take a while and a few private messages. I would need someone that knows how to do it to help me.

I checked, and I do have "Windows Live Movie Maker" whatever on earth that is.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351750764' post='2501894']
AHA!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MWN_duZfIs[/media]
[/quote]

So-so. That's more folksy. Think on the lines of operatic.

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351751171' post='2501898']

So-so. That's more folksy. Think on the lines of operatic.
[/quote]
Dean Martin, folksy? :shock:

But more operatic I can possibly do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC9o_unLq4

Roy Orbison might be out of your range though... I do not really know.

To be honest, most of the more operatic stuff I listen to features female voices. I have a slight preference for the female voice in that genre, I think.

PhuturePriest
Posted

Apparently I am totally smart. I did a test on the Windows Live Movie Maker to see if I could figure it out. Pretty simple. I'll even be able to have words on the screen at the beginning and end. Now we just need to decide on the song.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351751856' post='2501901']
Dean Martin, folksy? :shock:

But more operatic I can possibly do.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC9o_unLq4[/media]

Roy Orbison might be out of your range though... I do not really know.

To be honest, most of the more operatic stuff I listen to features female voices. I have a slight preference for the female voice in that genre, I think.
[/quote]

Well, it's music you snap your fingers to. It's not really beautiful music. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it's not what I'm going for.

I'm the opposite. I prefer male voices in general. The only female singer I really like is Emmy Rossum from The Phantom of the Opera. But my favorite singers are guys like Gerard Butler, Bruce Dickinson, Josh Groban (Not an option, by the way), Michael Buble, etc.

:Edit: Just had a thought. What if I did two videos? One doing Save The Last Dance For Me and the other doing a song of my choice?

Edited by FuturePriest387
Posted

In other genres I have a slight or stronger preference for male voices. Chant is a big one. I prefer male voices in chant.
Punk almost demands a male voice, and while I do not listen to punk nearly as much as I used to (almost never, in fact), there are precious few female vocalists who make that work.
Country is a toss up. Bluegrass can go either way, for sure. Outlaw country seems better suited to the male voice.

Speaking of which, how about some Gram Parsons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHJajD6T-M

Posted

The thing is, once you know a song and make it your own, it can become any genre you want it to be. Including opera.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351752278' post='2501910']
In other genres I have a slight or stronger preference for male voices. Chant is a big one. I prefer male voices in chant.
Punk almost demands a male voice, and while I do not listen to punk nearly as much as I used to (almost never, in fact), there are precious few female vocalists who make that work.
Country is a toss up. Bluegrass can go either way, for sure. Outlaw country seems better suited to the male voice.

Speaking of which, how about some Gram Parsons?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZHJajD6T-M[/media]
[/quote]

Country is absolutely off limits. I don't really like country.

I could probably sing punk music, but I want to at least have some dignity. :P A few good powerful vocals here and there in a good song that I can sing will do well for me. I like music with long-ish notes involved in it. Quick notes aren't really my style, I see them more as a bridge to the really good notes (AKA: Long notes).

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351752890' post='2501916']

Country is absolutely off limits. I don't really like country.

I could probably sing punk music, but I want to at least have some dignity. :P A few good powerful vocals here and there in a good song that I can sing will do well for me. I like music with long-ish notes involved in it. Quick notes aren't really my style, I see them more as a bridge to the really good notes (AKA: Long notes).
[/quote]
Moderate language in this one. :hehe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbTJSIIaTQ

Posted

Hehe, or you could get into some ska.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYRrbBm30N8

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351753312' post='2501921']
Moderate language in this one. :hehe:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbTJSIIaTQ[/media]
[/quote]

That was the biggest train wreck of a song I have ever seen. It at least gives me confidence that at the very least I will do better than that guy.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

Bahaha. I'm thinking this song. :hehe:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45i8cjHzko[/media]

And I'm quite serious. I like this song and I can sing it. Win win.

Edited by FuturePriest387
Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351753552' post='2501924']

That was the biggest train wreck of a song I have ever seen. It at least gives me confidence that at the very least I will do better than that guy.
[/quote]
Lol! Well that is not my favourite song by Rancid, but they are among the most important of west coast punk groups.

Posted

IMO this song is one of the most representative of Rancid as a group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWBrcF7sWQ

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351753794' post='2501929']
IMO this song is one of the most representative of Rancid as a group:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWBrcF7sWQ[/media]
[/quote]

I don't get it. He's talking in a rhythm. That's not talent, that's rap!

I'm still thinking What Makes You Beautiful. I'm also still thinking a dual-song. One lame pop song, and one that represents my voice a little better, which I'm thinking will be Music of the Night. I love that song and bonus, I can sing it okay-ish.

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351754027' post='2501931']

I don't get it. He's talking in a rhythm. That's not talent, that's rap!

I'm still thinking What Makes You Beautiful. I'm also still thinking a dual-song. One lame pop song, and one that represents my voice a little better, which I'm thinking will be Music of the Night. I love that song and bonus, I can sing it okay-ish.
[/quote]
Eh. Not really rap either. I believe it is a ska thing.

PhuturePriest
Posted

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351754102' post='2501933']
Eh. Not really rap either. I believe it is a ska thing.
[/quote]

You're right. Rap at least has actual human voices. This is like the Eye of Sauron speaking.

But what do you think? Can we close on What Makes You Beautiful and Music of the Night, or is the second song still under debate?

Posted

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351754206' post='2501934']

You're right. Rap at least has actual human voices. This is like the Eye of Sauron speaking.

But what do you think? Can we close on What Makes You Beautiful and Music of the Night, or is the second song still under debate?
[/quote]
Well I would prefer Save the Last Dance.

On the other hand, I am more than willing to back whatever song choice you prefer, if you are willing in return to really ramp up the cheese level. We all know you like the ladies. God knows I did on this site a couple years ago. (:blink:) So the fine young ladies here deserve nothing but the very best you have to offer. And that means ridiculously over the top, hopelessly romantic. Your job has not been adequately done until every single young female around your age has swooned helplessly under the influence of your singing.

PhuturePriest
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351754399' post='2501936']
Well I would prefer Save the Last Dance.

On the other hand, I am more than willing to back whatever song choice you prefer, if you are willing in return to really ramp up the cheese level. We all know you like the ladies. God knows I did on this site a couple years ago. ( :blink:) So the fine young ladies here deserve nothing but the very best you have to offer. And that means ridiculously over the top, hopelessly romantic. Your job has not been adequately done until every single young female around your age has swooned helplessly under the influence of your singing.
[/quote]

Well, I can sing both songs, so I'm kind of torn. Save The Last Dance For Me is classy and it will make more sense when I'm wearing a suit (Which I will be), but the other song just brings it to a new level of cheesy. :hehe: I don't know, since I'm doing two songs I can spare some vocals that are not as good as they can be and make up for it in the second song.

Or, if you like, I can do both songs and message them privately to you. Whichever one you think I sing the best in I will do.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...