An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Wants To See Me Embarrass Myself?

PhuturePriest

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351753312' post='2501921']
Moderate language in this one. :hehe:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prbTJSIIaTQ[/media]
[/quote]

That was the biggest train wreck of a song I have ever seen. It at least gives me confidence that at the very least I will do better than that guy.

PhuturePriest

Bahaha. I'm thinking this song. :hehe:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45i8cjHzko[/media]

And I'm quite serious. I like this song and I can sing it. Win win.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351753552' post='2501924']

That was the biggest train wreck of a song I have ever seen. It at least gives me confidence that at the very least I will do better than that guy.
[/quote]
Lol! Well that is not my favourite song by Rancid, but they are among the most important of west coast punk groups.

IMO this song is one of the most representative of Rancid as a group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWBrcF7sWQ

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351753794' post='2501929']
IMO this song is one of the most representative of Rancid as a group:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BWBrcF7sWQ[/media]
[/quote]

I don't get it. He's talking in a rhythm. That's not talent, that's rap!

I'm still thinking What Makes You Beautiful. I'm also still thinking a dual-song. One lame pop song, and one that represents my voice a little better, which I'm thinking will be Music of the Night. I love that song and bonus, I can sing it okay-ish.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351754027' post='2501931']

I don't get it. He's talking in a rhythm. That's not talent, that's rap!

I'm still thinking What Makes You Beautiful. I'm also still thinking a dual-song. One lame pop song, and one that represents my voice a little better, which I'm thinking will be Music of the Night. I love that song and bonus, I can sing it okay-ish.
[/quote]
Eh. Not really rap either. I believe it is a ska thing.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351754102' post='2501933']
Eh. Not really rap either. I believe it is a ska thing.
[/quote]

You're right. Rap at least has actual human voices. This is like the Eye of Sauron speaking.

But what do you think? Can we close on What Makes You Beautiful and Music of the Night, or is the second song still under debate?

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351754206' post='2501934']

You're right. Rap at least has actual human voices. This is like the Eye of Sauron speaking.

But what do you think? Can we close on What Makes You Beautiful and Music of the Night, or is the second song still under debate?
[/quote]
Well I would prefer Save the Last Dance.

On the other hand, I am more than willing to back whatever song choice you prefer, if you are willing in return to really ramp up the cheese level. We all know you like the ladies. God knows I did on this site a couple years ago. (:blink:) So the fine young ladies here deserve nothing but the very best you have to offer. And that means ridiculously over the top, hopelessly romantic. Your job has not been adequately done until every single young female around your age has swooned helplessly under the influence of your singing.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1351754399' post='2501936']
Well I would prefer Save the Last Dance.

On the other hand, I am more than willing to back whatever song choice you prefer, if you are willing in return to really ramp up the cheese level. We all know you like the ladies. God knows I did on this site a couple years ago. ( :blink:) So the fine young ladies here deserve nothing but the very best you have to offer. And that means ridiculously over the top, hopelessly romantic. Your job has not been adequately done until every single young female around your age has swooned helplessly under the influence of your singing.
[/quote]

Well, I can sing both songs, so I'm kind of torn. Save The Last Dance For Me is classy and it will make more sense when I'm wearing a suit (Which I will be), but the other song just brings it to a new level of cheesy. :hehe: I don't know, since I'm doing two songs I can spare some vocals that are not as good as they can be and make up for it in the second song.

Or, if you like, I can do both songs and message them privately to you. Whichever one you think I sing the best in I will do.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351751171' post='2501898']
So-so. That's more folksy. Think on the lines of operatic.
[/quote]
:woot:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNDPexkGUg[/media]
:love: Luca Pisaroni

Edited by Pax_et bonum

carmenchristi

Download audacity. It's free and you can use it to edit and overlay tracks and stuff. I love it. Though you can't do videos, you can transfer the audio to movie maker and make a slide show.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1351749706' post='2501877']
That first guy's singing capabilities are amazing. He has mastered his voice to a point that is well beyond me, so the answer is no.

Elvis is a definite no. If I am going to do that I will do the REAL kings of Rock, The Beatles.

And gosh darn it, Nihil. I'm taking Save The Last Dance For Me off. I can't sing it as well as I can the others. It's better in serenading the ladies, yes, but I can serenade them just as well with words like "You alone can make my song take flight". And better yet, it's a bit self-centered, which is hilarious because I make jokes about me being self-centered.
[/quote]
Fine. How about a nice rendition of "I am the Walrus."

Spem in alium

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1351749835' post='2501879']
Know any Thomas Tallis? You can do like SheisCatholic (Sr. Leah) did for a song once and record the different parts separately and then overlay the tracts.
[/quote]

This really is your only option, FP. Not that I'm biased or anything. :P