An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Important Is Liking A Girl's Native Language?

Aloysius

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1353648301' post='2515132']
:D
Yup, this is me and peyton. Im the one with the beard FP will cry himself to sleep thinking about.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/cZfWT.jpg[/img]

It has been known to occur.
[/quote]

You call that patchy porcupine a beard? Saint Benedict is not impressed.

[img]http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/52601307.jpg[/img]

Here you are complaining about her language, what makes you think she likes yours? You could sound like a snake to her when you speak in English since we have a lot of ssss sounds in our language.

hahaha maybe. but she speaks fluent English anyway.

honestly I don't know all that much about her haha, the opportunity just kind of came up and I went for it :smokey:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1353651633' post='2515154']

honestly I don't know all that much about her haha, the opportunity just kind of came up and I went for it :smokey:
[/quote]

Some advice: Don't smoke around her. It doesn't make you look cool.

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1353623892' post='2514897']

Where are you at the moment and what do you mean with treating the one like the other?

You just don't like Dutch because you can't understand it and it's too hard to learn for the English speaking :hehe2: But since you're going to date a Flemish girl, she can probably answer you at least in Dutch, English and French. We tend to adapt ourselves when we hear someone speaking another language.

But to answer your question: It's not about the language. You have to like the girl, if you like her you will understand her anyway, no matter how much you have to try. Just have a nice time.
[/quote]
I'm in Leuven studying anthropology; all the belgian students go out on the week days and go home to their families on the weekends; from what I understand talking to them, they generally go home and have simple family time at home and don't go out, so it's like the complete reverse of what I'm used to (people staying in on weekdays and going out to party on weekdays)

haha I know it's a bit silly not liking dutch. it's one of my jokes of how I'm a bad anthropologist haha. I'm sure I'd get over it; I'm here for two years and I've been resistant to the idea of learning dutch because I'd rather work on my Spanish and French because those will be useful languages in far more places in the world and I don't see any use in Dutch and don't feel any attachment to it, I'm sure if I ended up dating a dutch speaking girl I might feel more attachment to it lol.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1353651788' post='2515157']

Some advice: Don't smoke around her. It doesn't make you look cool.
[/quote]
yeah right dude. this is Europe, smoking is cool, deal with it.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1353652120' post='2515163']
yeah right dude. this is Europe, smoking is cool, deal with it.
[/quote]

Europe is a secular manifesto and is in a huge financial crisis. I don't think we should be taking tips from Europeans.

[quote name='Aloysius' timestamp='1353651633' post='2515154']

[/quote]

So what's the prob then, you don't like her language or her accent?

no problem, I'm just joking around. generally Dutch is not my favorite sounding language, but like I said that's just stupid silliness. the accent's fine, it's all the gutteral sounds in the language that annoy me sometimes lol. not particularly in her, like I said I don't actually know her that well.

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1353652782' post='2515172']
Dating is fun and it gives you a break from school, just do it.
[/quote]

Beauty and brains <3

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1353652782' post='2515172']
Dating is fun and it gives you a break from school, just do it.
[/quote]
Where were you when I was in school???

[quote name='Freedom' timestamp='1353653200' post='2515176']
I'm confused, Hasan. Refer to your Trashy Weekend thread..
[/quote]

I had been straight but then I became gay because of my desperation and utter failure as a heterosexual male but your beauty, intellect, and holiness has caused me to revert to heterosexuality

haha I really don't have too much experience with the basic dating. I dated casually in 9th grade, but since then I had long term relationships all starting from long friendships, one relationship was 6 months, the next was 4 1/2 years, the next was 10 months, with periods of single-hood between them so I really haven't quite been on a casual date per se since like 9th grade... which amazingly enough means 11 years holy cow that's insane.

:cold: I'm not sure I'm cut out for the dating world lol... ah it should be fun, though, take it slow and have fun I suppose :cyclops:

Edited by Aloysius