An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

FutureSister2009

When you're willing to use all the money in your bank account to visit convents and then you won't mind that you have no money because you'll be living a vow of poverty soon anyway.

Mary's Child

You know you're a future nun when your Mom asks what you want for Easter and you say " I dont really want any candy or things like that but would you be willing to get some of the things I still need for Postulancy?"

True story

OnlySunshine

You know you're a future nun when your Mom asks what you want for Easter and you say " I dont really want any candy or things like that but would you be willing to get some of the things I still need for Postulancy?"

True story

LOL, I'm no longer discerning religious life but I know what you mean!  Last year, before Christmas, I talked with my mom and grandmother.  At the time, I was still waiting to see whether or not I was going to enter and I told them both I didn't want a lot of stuff that I'd have to get rid of if I entered.  I still do not want a bunch of stuff.  I have such a tiny room.  I was cleaning it out yesterday and I still have a lot to get rid of.  There's dust everywhere and a bunch of statues my aunt gave me for Christmases which I don't want.  I kept thinking to myself, "How did I accumulate all this stuff?"  I'm not attached to any of it.  I guess I'm a true Franciscan!  :hehe2:

DiscerningCatholic

When your worst nightmare is NOT breaking up with your boyfriend or losing your wallet...

but is that you will either be refused application papers or get the papers and get your application rejected. :|

Lil'Monster

When your worst nightmare is NOT breaking up with your boyfriend or losing your wallet...

but is that you will either be refused application papers or get the papers and get your application rejected. :|

Are you gonna asked Sr. JA for papers? :|

ChristinaTherese

When someone asks if you want to be a nun after non-Mass on Good Friday and then asks you to pray for his daughter.

When you're confirmed and it feels like the graces of the sacrament are all just pulling you more and more to Jesus. (I'm Catholic now! And this might be normal for everyone, I just wanted to say it anyway.)

ToJesusMyHeart

When, during Mass, there is one EM directly in front of you (literally, I could touch her) and another is within grasping distance, one EM holding the Precious Blood and the other holding the Holy Body....and you can't reason with yourself to close your eyes to pray because Jesus is right there, so close to you and you can just cast your gaze upon Him and adore Him all through Holy Communion.

When, after Easter morning Mass, you want to give thanks after Mass for the Eucharist and for the Resurrection, but your family is pestering you to get up and go to the car. 

When in said car, all you can think about is how loud everyone is being, and at the convent it would be much more prayerful and they wouldn't be talking about trivial things like taxes and houses and baseball games right after Mass. 

THE WORLD IS SO NOISY!  :pinch:

petitpèlerin

When someone asks if you want to be a nun after non-Mass on Good Friday and then asks you to pray for his daughter.

When you're confirmed and it feels like the graces of the sacrament are all just pulling you more and more to Jesus. (I'm Catholic now! And this might be normal for everyone, I just wanted to say it anyway.)

That's so excellent! Congratulations! What a blessed day!

ChristinaTherese

When you get excited because a nun sent you an e-card welcoming you  into the Church.

When, during Mass, there is one EM directly in front of you (literally, I could touch her) and another is within grasping distance, one EM holding the Precious Blood and the other holding the Holy Body....and you can't reason with yourself to close your eyes to pray because Jesus is right there, so close to you and you can just cast your gaze upon Him and adore Him all through Holy Communion.

When, after Easter morning Mass, you want to give thanks after Mass for the Eucharist and for the Resurrection, but your family is pestering you to get up and go to the car. 

When in said car, all you can think about is how loud everyone is being, and at the convent it would be much more prayerful and they wouldn't be talking about trivial things like taxes and houses and baseball games right after Mass. 

THE WORLD IS SO NOISY!  :pinch:

Don't worry, there will be multitudes of other things to get annoyed at for not being pious enough once you enter the convent... ;)

DiscerningCatholic

When a lady you've never met at church asks you what you want to do after high school and you tell her, "CONVENT" and she says, "I was wondering about that!" and you freak out.

DiscerningCatholic

When shopping at the Outlet Mall is soo boring.

Or when the only thing you look for are plain, long skirts, and plain tops. 

Or when the only thing you look for are plain, long skirts, and plain tops. 

I definitely still do this.