An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

petitpèlerin

When you believe that real men wear habits.

When you're in Europe and you meet a priest from your home state and you hit it off like you've known each other forever and just have some major catching up to do.

When you go all year to a little monthly soirée with a couple of brothers and a bunch of local lay people of various faith backgrounds just to eat homemade pizza, drink wine, and talk philosophy (but really to quietly evangelize) and the people just love you and you're aware that your role is sister and all you're missing is the habit.

When you want to re-paint your room black and white and hang up Dominican hounds everywhere.

When you wear Dominican colors to your 8th grade dance....

FutureSister2009

I've said something similar before I'm sure but...

when all you want to do this summer is visit convents, especially the big nun run!

When the people on your volleyball team get a medal for you 8th grade night (last home game in your 8th grade year). :nun2:

Spem in alium

When you tell someone you're discerning, and they say, "I'm not surprised. I suspected you'd been feeling that way for quite a while". :)

ChristinaTherese

When your professor says something to the effect of, "Well, women don't have to do that. They still can go and be nuns if they want to." and one of your friends looks at you and laughs silently.

When, when typing above, you accidentally almost write "if you want to." :blush:

Spem in alium

WHEN YOU'RE GOING ON A DISCERNMENT RETREAT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

AND FEELING KIND OF LIKE THIS:  :bounce:  :winner:  :bananarap:  :woot:  :cloud9:  :notworthy:  :w00t:  :yahoo:  :like3:  :dance:  :nun2:  :dance5:  :smile2:  :clap:  :love:  :dance6:  :dance4:  :drool:

Edited by Spem in alium

DiscerningCatholic

When you tell someone you're discerning, and they say, "I'm not surprised. I suspected you'd been feeling that way for quite a while". :)

Holy GPOY

AND FEELING KIND OF LIKE THIS:  :bounce:  :winner:  :bananarap:  :woot:  :cloud9:  :notworthy:  :w00t:  :yahoo:  :like3:  :dance:  :nun2:  :dance5:  :smile2:  :clap:  :love:  :dance6:  :dance4:  :drool:

When the only reason you're doing school is because you want to go to the discernment retreat.

When you wear Dominican colors to your 8th grade dance....

Yes. Good. I like. 

...when you want to repaint your room black and white and then make some Dominican hound wall stickers.

ToJesusMyHeart

Where?

Yes. Good. I like. 

...when you want to repaint your room black and white and then make some Dominican hound wall stickers.

I thought you might like that :p

ChristinaTherese

When you think: "It's been so long since I've been to Mass!" and then realize that it's Thursday night/Friday morning and the last time you were at Mass was on Tuesday morning.

ToJesusMyHeart

When you're having a party tonight and one of your good friends can't make it, and they ask you to reschedule for tomorrow night, but you can't do that because tomorrow night you already have plans to have dinner and hang out with some nuns (The Franciscan Sisters of the Renewal)!

....Mater, I'm thinking of you!  :flowers: