An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

DiscerningCatholic

I went to a LifeTeen XLT last night and some Vietnamese Dominican Sisters were there (the XLT was closing out a youth minister conference and the sisters were there for that). 

I recognized them by their habits. :smile3:

Renee the Nunnabe

When you decide to sit in a different part of the church during Mass on a whim, and as you go to leave, you see the statue of St. Thérèse of Lisieux, and you proceed to cry. When I saw that statue, emotion poured over me, and I couldn't help but wonder if God was trying to tell me something.  

When your grandmother sends you two rosaries as a gift. (One smells like rose petals!) When you call her up on the phone to thank her, she mentions how she was going to be a nun when she was younger, and says that she told her son (my father), that maybe you'll be a nun.  

When your friend starts calling you Sister.  

When someone says you look like a nun (I was wearing a scarf as a head covering at the time), and this thrills you.  

Renee the Nunnabe

When you compare Batman to a monk and see parallels between superheroes (especially Superman) and Jesus.  

What? I'm a nerd, a geek, AND I want to be a nun. XD  

:science: + :nun1:

Edited by Renee the Nunnabe

FutureSister2009

When you were so happy to see all the Sisters in the Vatican Square during the Papal Election and seeing how many Orders you could identify

FutureSister2009

When you were so happy to see all the Sisters in the Vatican Square during the Papal Election and seeing how many Orders you could identify

Renee the Nunnabe

Oh boy, I was nunsighting too.  

Me: *briefly sees something that looks like a veil* "Is that a Sister?"  

Dad: *amused* "Yes."  

Me: *grins like a fool*  

When before talking to a cistercian nun, you introduced yourself as "Sister Agnès", and the real sister answers "not yet!" with a lovely smile! ^^

FutureSister2009

When you want to enter so much that you're willing to take summer classes just so you can graduate faster and enter sooner

When you want to enter so much that you're willing to take summer classes just so you can graduate faster and enter sooner

Heh. You must really want to enter :hehe2:

FutureSister2009

When you're at a retreat at a retreat center and you keep saying how much your room is like a convent! And I really enjoyed the simplicity of the room!