An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun Part 2

ChristinaTherese

FutureSister2009

Well I am going to the Retreat

Of course you are but you can't seem to enter.

When you wish with all your heart that you could be home for the May Crowning this weekend.

ChristinaTherese

When you're just slogging along through school, and then your face lights up when you start to pray.

When you are determined to go to confession in the morning because one day of being unable to receive the Eucharist is alright, but you don't want to go for three unable to receive Him.

Kayte Postle

When someone over hears you say "I finally talked to Mother J. today" and instantly asks "Are you entering somewhere?"

ToJesusMyHeart

When your priest makes an announcement at the end of daily Mass about the Nun Run that you're organizing and tells all 200 students there to contact you if they are interested. And you blush.  :blush:

ToJesusMyHeart

Question: Is it weird that I sleep with my wrought iron crucifix like a normal person sleeps with their teddy bear? I like to hold it as I fall asleep. That's normal...right?

TheresaThoma

Question: Is it weird that I sleep with my wrought iron crucifix like a normal person sleeps with their teddy bear? I like to hold it as I fall asleep. That's normal...right?

I did something similar after my dad passed away. I carried my small (about 8 inches) crucifix with me everywhere and when I would go to sleep I would have a rosary in one hand and my crucifix in the other. It brought me a lot of comfort during that time.

Spem in alium

I used to sleep with a stone-type-thing my aunt gave me. It's clear, and inside is a small angel. It would feel weird or unnatural if I wasn't sleeping with it.

I tend to sleep with my Rosary these days.

Edited by Spem in alium

FutureSister2009

When you are planning your own mini-New Jersey nun run for the summer because you can't go to the big Nun Run

FutureSister2009

When you are planning your own mini-New Jersey nun run for the summer because you can't go to the big Nun Run

Kayte Postle

When your older sister looks at your outfit and says "all you need is a wimple". And you get all giddy, taking it as a high compliment.

FutureFranciscan:)

when your on a retreat and you play a nun in a skit then you have 70some people telling you how cute of a nun you would make  :nun:  :nun2:  :nun3:

Spem in alium

Haha, yesterday I changed my FB relationship status to "In a relationship", because I figured since I'm discerning I kind of am, in a way. Shortly after I changed it, I heard my sister yelling, "Who messed with Spem's Facebook? Why are you in a relationship?! Is it with God?!?!"

Yes!  :hehe2:

When thinking of a religious vocation just makes you feel so alive and at peace, more so than you've felt in a while...or maybe ever.

Spem in alium

When you have memorised parts of the Mass :)

I just got back from Mass. At the Prayer for Peace, Father said: "Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your Apostles, 'Peace I leave you, my peace I give you'...ah, I'm lost..*nervous laughter*. Anyway, the peace of the Lord be with you always!" 

We all chuckled, but all the while I was thinking..."Look not on our sins, but on the faith of your Church...."  :hehe2:

At the end of Mass he wished us all a day free from senior's moments :P

Edited by Spem in alium

Catholicterp7

Not weird at all! 

When "Mother"  means someone other than Mom.

:hehe2: Once I was talking about my Sisters (meaning the SMME) and someone thought I was talking about my blood sisters. 

When you always type Brother and Sister instead of brother and sister.