An Old School Catholic Message Board

Top Ten Reasons Not To Be Catholic

dUSt

Roamin Catholic
The problem is what they disagree on.  Will it be something like "SUV or minivan" or something that can put the soul in danger.  So no, I will not knowingly enter into a relationship that will put my soul in danger. 

I bet you have some awesome first dates. 

PhuturePriest
Wait, so... how do you meet women who discerned out of a convent?  That doesn't happen too often.  

I fear he may not be looking for women who discerned out of a convent, but rather women who are in the convent. Otherwise I too am at a loss as to how he will find such a girl.

I was just thinking, and I am pretty sure that this is the first time I have seen non-joking threats of physical violence on Phatmass. :P It is so uncommon that we do not even have a rule against it.

how did a topic about not to be catholic end up being about norseman and his dating life?

oh wait......

how did a topic about not to be catholic end up being about norseman and his dating life?

oh wait......

About 80% of the threads Norseman posts in turn into debates about Norseman and his dating life.

Basilisa Marie
Refer to my original post on this thread, that will give you the background on what I mean.

Okay, sure:

Believe it or not, when the last lady I dated broke up with me to enter a religious community, she told me "That's the risk you take when dating a religious girl" and if I wanted to get married, I should look for a "bad girl" (HER words, NOT MINE!).  Gee, thanks, I'm glad to see all my efforts go to waste!

So I don't see how that helps.  You want a woman who is discerning religious life? 

And it seems to me like you have a severe "treating women like objects" problem.   

Okay, section two of this chapter: You are not psychic. You unfortunately do not know what your arguments and disagreements will be about.

No, but one can take reasonable and prudent precautions.  If I see that the person only occasionally attends Mass, is promiscouous or has openly non-Catholic attitudes, etc. that is a sign of trouble and I will simply not pursue her. 

About 80% of the threads Norseman posts in turn into debates about Norseman and his dating life.

but i'm pretty sure most people don't bring it up, so....

PhuturePriest

oh wait......

I'm not going to complain. This is the best and most entertaining thing to happen on Phatmass in such a long time. I bet it's even better on your end with the added bonuses of wine.

Although we may be giving you a hard time, Norseman, I applaud you for finally giving us an argument we care about. I can't remember the last one of these we had since the great modesty debate that made it against the rules to ever speak modesty again. :bravo:

Okay, sure:

So I don't see how that helps.  You want a woman who is discerning religious life? 

And it seems to me like you have a severe "treating women like objects" problem.   

At the time I didn't know she was discerning religious life (but asking a lady if she is done discerning religious life has certainly moved to a "first date" question for me. 

And I don't see how that means I treat women like objects. 

Although we may be giving you a hard time, Norseman, I applaud you for finally giving us an argument we care about. I can't remember the last one of these we had since the great modesty debate that made it against the rules to ever speak modesty again. :bravo:

Pants on women are inherently immodest because they show the outline of the woman's inner thigh and pubic region.

Aaaaaand, go!

Edited by Nihil Obstat

i'm sure this thread will be way less entertaining in the morning when i haven't been drinking, but i'm going to bed anyway.