Roamin Catholic Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 So would it be okay for me to call you names if I decided I didn't like you? Would it not bother you? Because that's the logical conclusion of that statement. Don't be logical, he can't handle it.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 if your boyfriend or girlfriend loves you, they're willing to compromise. even if they aren't the same religion.
Roamin Catholic Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Well, can you count on them to not use ABC? To respect your decision to boycott an invalid wedding or gay committment ceremony? Will she cause you to miss Mass on Sunday or a Holy Day of Obligation? Can you count on her to raise the kids Catholic? To keep "Catholic kosher" by observing the fasting/abstinence rules? You can even count on Catholics to do those things. Where are you going to look now? The convent?
Basilisa Marie Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 if your boyfriend or girlfriend loves you, they're willing to compromise. even if they aren't the same religion. TRUTH.
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 if your boyfriend or girlfriend loves you, they're willing to compromise. even if they aren't the same religion. The problem comes when the Catholic starts compromising in matters of faith and morals.
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 (edited) Well, can you count on them to not use ABC? To respect your decision to boycott an invalid wedding or gay committment ceremony? Will she cause you to miss Mass on Sunday or a Holy Day of Obligation? Can you count on her to raise the kids Catholic? To keep "Catholic kosher" by observing the fasting/abstinence rules? Maybe some conservative protestants can, but if you read my statement, I referred to "Jezebels", which refers to immoral people who are occasions of sin. I thought the reference was clear. Norseman, I think it's about time someone told you how real marriages work: The husband and wife do not agree on everything. Even if you are both devout Catholics that would jump at the opportunity to get martyred, you will disagree about stuff. Sadly enough, she will not obey your every beck and call. When you tell her that the kids will be raised as Thomists and not as Augustinians, she is not going to say "Okay, honey! Would you like a sandwich?" I hope you aren't taking this too hard. Edited January 14, 2013 by FuturePriest387
Basilisa Marie Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 The problem comes when the Catholic starts compromising in matters of faith and morals. But the problem here isn't about compromising. The problem here is the language you use to talk about women. If you buy into the whole women are more emotional beings schtick, then wouldn't it make sense to "walk on eggshells" a bit around them?
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 You can even count on Catholics to do those things. Where are you going to look now? The convent? Yes on both counts. Actually, my prayer to God has been "if you don't want her, may I have her?"
Fidei Defensor Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 The problem comes when the Catholic starts compromising in matters of faith and morals. You're digging your own grave. I highly recommend you climb out and stop.
Roamin Catholic Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Yes on both counts. Actually, my prayer to God has been "if you don't want her, may I have her?" And she is praying to God "If you wont have me, please don't send me to him. I want someone that respects me."
Basilisa Marie Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Wait, so... how do you meet women who discerned out of a convent? That doesn't happen too often.
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Norseman, I think it's about time someone told you how real marriages work: The husband and wife do not agree on everything. Even if you are both devout Catholics that would jump at the opportunity to get martyred, you will disagree about stuff. I hope you aren't taking this too hard. The problem is what they disagree on. Will it be something like "SUV or minivan" or something that can put the soul in danger. So no, I will not knowingly enter into a relationship that will put my soul in danger.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 The problem comes when the Catholic starts compromising in matters of faith and morals. you think you would do that? the thing is, a mixed marriage takes work and communication, not edicts from one person to the other.
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 The problem is what they disagree on. Will it be something like "SUV or minivan" or something that can put the soul in danger. So no, I will not knowingly enter into a relationship that will put my soul in danger. Okay, section two of this chapter: You are not psychic. You unfortunately do not know what your arguments and disagreements will be about.
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Wait, so... how do you meet women who discerned out of a convent? That doesn't happen too often. Refer to my original post on this thread, that will give you the background on what I mean.
Roamin Catholic Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 The problem is what they disagree on. Will it be something like "SUV or minivan" or something that can put the soul in danger. So no, I will not knowingly enter into a relationship that will put my soul in danger. I bet you have some awesome first dates.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 You're digging your own grave. I highly recommend you climb out and stop. ROFL. :hehe:
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Wait, so... how do you meet women who discerned out of a convent? That doesn't happen too often. I fear he may not be looking for women who discerned out of a convent, but rather women who are in the convent. Otherwise I too am at a loss as to how he will find such a girl.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 I was just thinking, and I am pretty sure that this is the first time I have seen non-joking threats of physical violence on Phatmass. :P It is so uncommon that we do not even have a rule against it.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 how did a topic about not to be catholic end up being about norseman and his dating life? ..... oh wait......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now