Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 how did a topic about not to be catholic end up being about norseman and his dating life? ..... oh wait...... About 80% of the threads Norseman posts in turn into debates about Norseman and his dating life.
Basilisa Marie Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Refer to my original post on this thread, that will give you the background on what I mean. Okay, sure: Believe it or not, when the last lady I dated broke up with me to enter a religious community, she told me "That's the risk you take when dating a religious girl" and if I wanted to get married, I should look for a "bad girl" (HER words, NOT MINE!). Gee, thanks, I'm glad to see all my efforts go to waste! So I don't see how that helps. You want a woman who is discerning religious life? And it seems to me like you have a severe "treating women like objects" problem.
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Okay, section two of this chapter: You are not psychic. You unfortunately do not know what your arguments and disagreements will be about. No, but one can take reasonable and prudent precautions. If I see that the person only occasionally attends Mass, is promiscouous or has openly non-Catholic attitudes, etc. that is a sign of trouble and I will simply not pursue her.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 About 80% of the threads Norseman posts in turn into debates about Norseman and his dating life. but i'm pretty sure most people don't bring it up, so....
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 how did a topic about not to be catholic end up being about norseman and his dating life? ..... oh wait...... I'm not going to complain. This is the best and most entertaining thing to happen on Phatmass in such a long time. I bet it's even better on your end with the added bonuses of wine. Although we may be giving you a hard time, Norseman, I applaud you for finally giving us an argument we care about. I can't remember the last one of these we had since the great modesty debate that made it against the rules to ever speak modesty again. :bravo:
Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 but i'm pretty sure most people don't bring it up, so.... Oh, you noticed that too, did you? How about that.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Oh, you noticed that too, did you? How about that. hmmmm. :think:
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Okay, sure: So I don't see how that helps. You want a woman who is discerning religious life? And it seems to me like you have a severe "treating women like objects" problem. At the time I didn't know she was discerning religious life (but asking a lady if she is done discerning religious life has certainly moved to a "first date" question for me. And I don't see how that means I treat women like objects.
Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 (edited) Although we may be giving you a hard time, Norseman, I applaud you for finally giving us an argument we care about. I can't remember the last one of these we had since the great modesty debate that made it against the rules to ever speak modesty again. :bravo: Pants on women are inherently immodest because they show the outline of the woman's inner thigh and pubic region. Aaaaaand, go! Edited January 14, 2013 by Nihil Obstat
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 i'm sure this thread will be way less entertaining in the morning when i haven't been drinking, but i'm going to bed anyway.
Fidei Defensor Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Pants on women are inherently immodest because they show the outline of the woman's inner thigh and pubic region. Aaaaaand, go! We all know that the female anatomy is quite secretive and unknown to all unless they reveal it or give even the slightest notion it exists.
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 No, but one can take reasonable and prudent precautions. If I see that the person only occasionally attends Mass, is promiscouous or has openly non-Catholic attitudes, etc. that is a sign of trouble and I will simply not pursue her. Who recommended dating a sexually promiscuous girl? We're just saying being non-Catholic does not make a girl a jezebel. I know plenty of Protestants that are a shining example to all women, and I know plenty of Catholic girls that could really use our prayers and a good talk from a Priest. But even if there is a non-Catholic "jezebel" you happen to cross paths with, she still deserves your respect. She is still a woman, and still retains the dignity due being one. Who knows, perhaps saving a girl from her sexually promiscuous ways might make her fall in love with you?
Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 i'm sure this thread will be way less entertaining in the morning when i haven't been drinking, but i'm going to bed anyway. Well it does not quite match the intensity of the Great Rexi Flamewar of 2010, but it made a decent effort.
Roamin Catholic Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 At the time I didn't know she was discerning religious life (but asking a lady if she is done discerning religious life has certainly moved to a "first date" question for me. And I don't see how that means I treat women like objects. Can we please see this "first date" question list
Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 We all know that the female anatomy is quite secretive and unknown to all unless they reveal it or give even the slightest notion it exists. Everything I know about womenfolk, I learned from Renaissance art. :|
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Can we please see this "first date" question list Roamin_Catholic, take pride in the fact that this is your 10,000th post. It really is a good one.
Norseman82 Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Who knows, perhaps saving a girl from her sexually promiscuous ways might make her fall in love with you? No, that's not my job.
Lil Red Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 Well it does not quite match the intensity of the Great Rexi Flamewar of 2010, but it made a decent effort. or the other one. you know IrishGermanNorwegian aka catholicinsd.
PhuturePriest Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 (edited) Everything I know about womenfolk, I learned from Renaissance art. :| *Shoots grape juice across the room* Hey! There are fetuses drinking grape juice such as myself scrolling through these pages! No, that's not my job. Saving souls is not your job? I'm afraid you don't come across as quite the Catholic on fire for souls you like to think of yourself as. Saving souls is our mission in this life, whether we are Priests or married. Perhaps you should read the lives of the Saints, as they have quite a few words on how it is our mission to save souls. Edited January 14, 2013 by FuturePriest387
Nihil Obstat Posted January 14, 2013 Posted January 14, 2013 *Shoots grape juice across the room* Hey! There are fetuses drinking grape juice such as myself scrolling through these pages! Come on now, do not be a philistine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now