non compus mentos

or is it

no compres mentos?

oh well...thats what I mean.

------------

and Raphael...no problem brother.

God bless

Archangel Raphael

[quote name='Anna' date='May 26 2004, 05:33 PM'] And what were your friend's parents doing while she was practicing witchcraft?

And how do you know that she is "saved?"

Who are you to say who is "saved," and who is not?

Not even the Catholic Church declares someone is saved while he/she is still living.

Pax Christi. <>< [/quote]
Acts 16: 30-31 - And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

I think someone needs to study up on their Bible a bit more...

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='Archangel Raphael' date='May 26 2004, 04:42 PM'] Acts 16: 30-31 - And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

I think someone needs to study up on their Bible a bit more... [/quote]
Ah no I think it's the other way around is this a faith only without works thing again?

If we truly believe we have the Truth, why would we risk losing our children to another belief when we could be showing them the Truth? Protestants Catholic-Proof their kids (trust me, I know from experience, I'm not speaking out of spite). Would Protestants want their children to convert to Catholicism? Please. If you want to be "universal", quit with the hypocrisy.

[quote name='Anna' date='May 26 2004, 05:30 PM'] mulls, let me say this up front and public: get off Likos' back already.  <_<  Try to be, you know, [i]Christian.[/i]

Doesn't that denomination you belong to preach "love?"

God Bless. [/quote]
relax, he started this thread, therefore i'm eager to see his response to the monkey wrench that was thrown in there.

Edited by mulls

[quote name='Archangel Raphael' date='May 26 2004, 05:22 PM'] Arg.. I just know I have to be amongst the few that really know what being a true Catholic is. [/quote]
Please explain it to the rest of us ignoramuses.

[quote]
I hate to sound a bit offensive, but then again... But many of you are treating protestants like [i]freaking[/i] heathens, stop it.    [i]Dear God[/i]...[/quote]

You hate to sound a bit offensive?

Well, you can begin by not using terms that are slang for the "f" word. The use of the word above is frowned upon on this Catholic website.

Also, so is taking the name of the Lord, Our God, in vain. (Check the Ten Commandments.)

As far as people treating protestants like heathens, I wouldn't go that far. Though we understand our protestant neighbors believe in Jesus Christ, we also see the shortcomings of the errors of protestantism. And this is the [b]Debate[/b] Table, where we put our arguments out on the table.

Pax Christi. <><

Archangel Raphael

[quote name='Jason' date='May 26 2004, 05:43 PM'] Ah no I think it's the other way around is this a faith only without works thing again? [/quote]
James 2:17. Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Now look who's being the judge now. Anne tells me who am I to say if someone is Saved, and now you do the very same thing she acused me of doing.

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='Archangel Raphael' date='May 26 2004, 04:49 PM'] James 2:17. Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

Now look who's being the judge now. Anne tells me who am I to say if someone is Saved, and now you do the very same thing she acused me of doing. [/quote]
I'm confused? This thread was started to show how we should raise our kids in a good Catholic home and now it's a a little tiffy. Anna is stating the facts she is quoting what you said.

Let's try to stay on topic please.

the lumberjack

and once you have kids, you'll be able to share exactly what you're doing to make sure they're raised the way the Lord would want.

to say what you would do, and what you actually do, are two different things.

especially when it comes to kids...or do you have kids?

God bless.

Livin_the_MASS

[quote name='the lumberjack' date='May 26 2004, 04:57 PM'] and once you have kids, you'll be able to share exactly what you're doing to make sure they're raised the way the Lord would want.

to say what you would do, and what you actually do, are two different things.

especially when it comes to kids...or do you have kids?

God bless. [/quote]
Yes I have kids haha!

Archangel Raphael

[quote name='Anna' date='May 26 2004, 05:48 PM'] Please explain it to the rest of us ignoramuses.

You hate to sound a bit offensive?

Well, you can begin by not using terms that are slang for the "f" word. The use of the word above is frowned upon on this Catholic website.

Also, so is taking the name of the Lord, Our God, in vain. (Check the Ten Commandments.)

As far as people treating protestants like heathens, I wouldn't go that far. Though we understand our protestant neighbors believe in Jesus Christ, we also see the shortcomings of the errors of protestantism. And this is the [b]Debate[/b] Table, where we put our arguments out on the table.

Pax Christi. <>< [/quote]
If you don't know yourself, that's kinda bad.

Slang? F word? That was not the F word. Just as the 'darn' word is a toned down version of the other 'D' word. And escuse me but I've seen 'freaking' used on here plenty of times so I assumed it was alright. And the "Oh my God"? Oh don't give me that.. The "Oh my God" issue is rather vague, unlike words like God-D, which is clearly seen as taking the Lord's name in vain. Then again, if you think about it.. if you told the devil "God-D" you, wouldn't that be true? LoL! But that's another issue, lets not get into that.

Why don't you try coming back with Biblical scripture and truth like I have been for the past couple posts? And who are you to judge me of my human nature? My faults? I'll be quiet about it if it's against the rules here though, I respect rules, just not Holier than thou individuals.

[quote name='Archangel Raphael' date='May 26 2004, 06:03 PM'] just not Holier than thou individuals. [/quote]
[cough]

Actually, now I'm very interested in learning what a [i]true Catholic really is[/i], according to one of the few who really knows...

Who knows?

Perhaps I've been raising my twelve kids wrong all these years... :rolleyes:

Come on, Raphael, and tell me how to do it right... ^_^

As Ross Perot would say, I'm all ears. :)

Pax Christi. <><

Oh, P.S.: One of my kids is the moderator of this phorum. ;)