ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted April 30, 2013 Author Posted April 30, 2013 Softball practice yesterday. I was really tearing the cover off the ball!!!!! playing well in the outfield too! raked today. My hands look like raking hands because of it too lol. I am raking at work now all the home raking was finished Friday and I started work raking Thursday. At the very most this sore guy might jiggle his wiimote a lil today.
jeffboom Posted April 30, 2013 Posted April 30, 2013 Biked all over town yesterday... because my car is in the shop... Me too
Spem in alium Posted May 1, 2013 Posted May 1, 2013 Awesome thread! Did some boxing the other day, combined with a bit of cardio. Great workout, even though my punching bag is VERY used and difficult to work with - guess that just adds more of a challenge, hey? :)
ChristinaTherese Posted May 1, 2013 Posted May 1, 2013 I walked a mile mile to Mass and back. (0.5 mi each way.) I would have gone rock climbing if I got my homework done early enough. I'll go tomorrow, though.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted May 3, 2013 Author Posted May 3, 2013 Kickball game lost 0 to 1. I played the best on our team. I went 1 for 2. Was our only player to reach 2nd base made some awesome defensive plays. On top of that I had a acrobatic diving catch in foul territory that they said touched the ground that didn't and now my left pinky is messed up pretty good. Everyone said it looked amazing even tho it was just a strike lol. This team is def a drinking crowd and one of our best players is prolly headed to Hawaii on business making it so our chances of not forfeiting often is slim.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted May 22, 2013 Author Posted May 22, 2013 Pulled a groin in the post above so working out hasn't been going so good lately. That being said... 1st let me cap up the indoor softball season I went 5 for 9 with I think it was 3 runs and a RBI. Eliminated in the first round of the playoffs in extra innings. I have been the Kickball's team only 1st baseman, but I won't be there Thursday so that'll have to give. I imagine, they're a silly group but I don't imagine they'll just do away with the position for a week. I am 5 for 10 with a double, a run, an RBI and an actual walk which is not my style. I have been there for all of my games so far. We are 1-3. Our 3rd baseman uses steroids and is proud of it. The softball team that makes summer worth living: NHDOT! Been there for 2 games this season we lost the first one by one run, I made an error in the field. I think the team had an error for every run if not more. I think we lost 16-17. Game 2 I didn't play cause historically they are a bunch of bullies that just want to hurt people and that's not worth my time. We won anyways! :winner: Last night is the second night we have mercy ruled anyone ever. Winning 34-3 we only played 6 of the 7 innings do to weather and the Bruins game being on and of course the fact that we were killing them. Nonetheless I was the lead off man again. Walking, bunting, stealing and K-ing are not possible in this league, yet it is the fiercest competition of any of the numerous leagues I have been in with maaaaybe one exception. I went 3 for 5 reached on an error, 2 runs and 3 RBIs. Bringing me to 6 for 11 with 5 Runs a double 3 RBIs (lol on that last one). Playing right field, right center and left center so far... the groin is coming along but still not where I would like it to be. :|
CrossCuT Posted May 22, 2013 Posted May 22, 2013 Im training for my first 5K cause Im a tub of lard. Im using an app on my ipod called 5k Runner, I really like it!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted May 23, 2013 Author Posted May 23, 2013 Free Stryder and push ups today softball tommorow!
Papist Posted May 23, 2013 Posted May 23, 2013 Golf today, then 55 minutes on treadmill, then chest and tris. Now a big glass of muscle milk and then bed.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted May 24, 2013 Author Posted May 24, 2013 Softball was rained out so Dad bday celebration and New Super Mario Bros. U. Not the same calorie burn, but hey, my heart rate goes up I bet when Propellor Mario lands in lava!!!
cartermia Posted May 24, 2013 Posted May 24, 2013 been doing yard work for my aunt since my cousins grad. party is coming up. went swimming, ran around and took her dogs for a jog (1 mile), and lifted.
Papist Posted May 25, 2013 Posted May 25, 2013 Another 55 minutes on treadmill, then worked the shoulders, back and biceps. Now enjoying a few pale ales and wife's homemade sourdough crackers.
Spem in alium Posted May 26, 2013 Posted May 26, 2013 Did about an hour of walking yesterday. Love it. :)
the171 Posted May 27, 2013 Posted May 27, 2013 For my upper body I kayak. For my lower half (well, it is good for everything, but especially my legs) I run. Now I have my OWN kayak!!
Norseman82 Posted May 27, 2013 Posted May 27, 2013 Friday, I lifted for a bit over a half hour, then ran 2 miles, and hit the bag for about 15 minutes. Yesterday, I scraped paint off my dining room ceiling for almost 7 hours. Today, I lifted for about 35 minutes.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted May 27, 2013 Posted May 27, 2013 For my upper body I kayak. For my lower half (well, it is good for everything, but especially my legs) I run. Now I have my OWN kayak!! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE THAT RUNNING DEAL, BUT SOMEONE IS A SLACKER. Anyway, I walk a mile I day. It's been helping physically and emotionally.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted May 27, 2013 Author Posted May 27, 2013 Free Stryder broke 4 minutes into me using it. So I went on a 4 mile run from there did pushups and stretched. Then I mowed the lawn. Softball tomorrow!!!
Spem in alium Posted May 27, 2013 Posted May 27, 2013 This thread has inspired me to refine my boxing routine :) Usually I just play around with my little punchbag and throw in some cardio, but I'm thinking I'll get a skipping rope and try out some shadow boxing so that I can better my technique. Eventually I'm hoping to get a decent bag too, as the one I have is more like a speedball.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now