An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

I do pretty much 0 weight training...maybe I should try that. 

Id like to get my legs stronger so I can more easily run for longer distances but as of right now its not posing much of a problem.

However I dont have a gym membership or any equipment so Im not sure what Id use to train with.

No gym membership here either (so no benching and such).  Nor would I want to until my self image improves.  Ditto on wanting to get the legs stronger.  The bicep curls I do because I could buy weights cheap at the most evil retailer on Earth...Wal-Mart.

Gym memberships are so expensive!

Why does the world make it hard to be healthy? Why does a cheeseburger at McDonalds have to cost less than fresh produce?

WHY DOES PAYING FOR A GYM MEMBERSHIP HAVE TO COST SO MUCH TOO???

Youd thing in the day and age where the world is trying to get healthy they would make it a bit easier.

Like restaurants not serving entrees that contain the caloric value of an entire day in them... 

I agree...well not on McD's.  I've not eaten fast food in over a year.  :)   But yeah, I felt awful eating with a prof friend last night at a sit down place because my small meal had more calories than I had consumed all day to that point!  

I know its terrible :(

Since I live on my own, I do my best to make sure I make healthy meals. There are a lot of resources out there to  help you but its not completely main stream yet.

Althought I REALLY like it when restaurants post the nutritional value for all of their food, it helps a lot!

I feel you on living alone and trying to make okay stuff.  Will admit, my dinner tonight won't be the best (two hot dogs)...

And yep it does!  or at least a "low carbs" section on the menu!

(150 bicep curls today and some situps here in the office)

I dont eat many hot dogs, hamburgers, or pizza anymore. In fact I pretty much NEVER eat pizza.

If I want the other two ill substitute them with turkey burgers or low fat hot dogs. They still taste pretty good! And i get low calorie whole wheat buns which are HALF the calories than normal ones but taste just as good imo.

Oh those sound good!  Recently switched over to wheat bread but never thought of wheat buns.  :)  (And it's lunchtime...yet I'm not hungry)

Yeah! 

But be careful! Just because its whole wheat or multigrain really doesnt mean its lower in calories or fat. You should look for the ones that are specifically made to be lower in calories or fat. Its pretty obvious on the packaging because they need to market that stuff!

I have been finding more and more options out there because people ARE becoming more health conscious. 

I like to cook up some turkey burgers and put them on a low calorie wheat bun with baby spinach, pickles, ketchup, and mustard!

Then I have a bag of steamed edumame on the side! ITS SOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I shuddered at pickles out of all that lol.  Everything else sounded great.  

And good advice on the packaging, I wouldn't have thought of that!  Sort of like something I was reading recently, how "diet" products almost always cause more weight gain; such as diet sodas/pop.  x.x

Well diet soda has a sugar replacement that doesnt make you gain weight by itself, it just makes you feel hugnry so if youre not careful, you may end up eating more.

But usually with breads and what not, they pump in a ton of extra stuff like gluten because it makes for a nice texture. However it also results in high calorie food. :(

But yeah, just read the packaging! Even some of the more popular brands like Sara Lee is coming out with low calorie options which i REALLY like! I get the low calorie bread too, not just buns!

They also make sandwich thins if you want to try those! or the Bagel thins!

I basically never ever weight train either.  People have told me this year (Around lent) that I am a skeleton.  I have a healthy weight right now and I have wheels and flexibility.  I could really use a trip to the chiropractor.  

last night softball played 3B all game! nothing to ugly defensively.  especially considering our team was basically reenacting the bad news bears most of the game.  Went 2 for 3 with 2 runs 2 RBIs and a triple.  My lower back is out though.  I hope there is no game tonight, weather is blah and I am twice as blah.  

2 for 3 with 3 RBIs and a sac fly.  Considering our team only scored 8 runs I'd say that is pretty good.  The other team cheated defensively too.  

2 for 3 with 3 RBIs and a sac fly.  Considering our team only scored 8 runs I'd say that is pretty good.  The other team cheated defensively too.  

CCC makes me feel lazy.  :P

(And good point on the sodas and such)

Some dumbbell bicep curls and walked 5k.