An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

Looks like they inserted a light saber above a small baseball stadium!!!!!  (yes, I know it is a pin with your joint below it. ;) )

SCG, the walk across America thing really was a lot of fun... especially if you find someone to do it with you. ;)   I think he is no longer officially setting up teams any more (the researcher has now published his results, but he left the site up for people to keep using it....) but you can do it with a friend.  

We used pedometers.... and just tracked the weekly mileage and aerobic miles...

I set up an excel chart to calculate the stuff weekly and can give you all a sample If there is interest......

And it would be easy to do a 'virtual camino' as well.. or walk to Rome, or walk around the moon, for that matter... because all you need to do is use the google mapping feature to track your own 'camino'....

Edited by AnneLine

I havent been able to run for 2 weeks due to being sick. 

I had a reallly bad fever and now it has migrated to my chest and I dont want to make it worse by overexerting myself. I read that chest colds can possibly lead to pneumonia if you push yourself too hard so Im taking it easy. 

Wise choice, CrossCut.  Just start walking slowly and build your strength & lungs back when you are ready.   But not before that.  Hope you get better soon!!!!!

southern california guy

I havent been able to run for 2 weeks due to being sick. 

I had a reallly bad fever and now it has migrated to my chest and I dont want to make it worse by overexerting myself. I read that chest colds can possibly lead to pneumonia if you push yourself too hard so Im taking it easy. 

Definitely!  It is wise to take it easy when you don't feel good.  There is always another day.

The only horrible thing is that now I feel pretty much normal. The only thing is that Im still coughing. :(

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Im tired of being sick

not to brag or anything but I walked a mile today  :dance5:

so when are you going to be cleared for hockey?

southern california guy

so when are you going to be cleared for hockey?

I don't know.  I'm going to see the doctor on Thursday.  I'm hoping I'll be able to put on skates at least by December.

So Monday concluded the church league season.  We went 7-0-0.  I was 10 for 19 with 8 Runs, 3 doubles, 2 triples, a home run, 8 RBIs a sac fly, and 2 Errors.  So a .526 batting average .500 On Base Percentage, 1.053 Slugging % and a 1.553 OPS.  

Yesterday I went 3 for 6 with 2 runs and an RBI.  Season is winding down.  Bad calls by the umps for me when I was baserunning caused me to chew the guy out even a lil.  He felt bad.  Actually I did too.  I don't know what the score was but we mercy ruled em.  I was just sick of being called out when when I shouldn't be.  Even the opposition's secondbaseman himself said I was safe.  

Blood drawn today so no workout and softball tomorrow if they can field enough of a team.  

Is your league 12 or 16 inch softball?  Do you use gloves?

We typically use Green Dot softballs http://www.bing.com/search?q=green+dot+softball&form=MSNH14&pc=UP97&pq=green+dot+softball&sc=3-18&sp=1&qs=AS&sk=   so 12s.  There is another league our females play in which I don't where they have an 11 inch female ball you could use or decline when your up lol.  Then again no game stands in infamy quite like the blue dot game.  

Arch rivals.  50ish degrees.  We were the away team and said, "Hey Kelsey, what's up with the balls?"  He said 

"We're doing you a favor." 

Everyone hates playing Kelsey's team of dirty thugs and the weather and cheating and intensity was at it's highest ever close game we lost...  but they broke like a thousand dollars in softball bats haha.  Blue dot balls go farther and frankly are just more dangerous.  

The only horrible thing is that now I feel pretty much normal. The only thing is that Im still coughing. :(

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Im tired of being sick

Hope you feel better soon!

This has worked for me -- might work for you:

This is what I try to use to stay away from antibiotics and other meds and still get over cold quickly.....

LOTS of chicken soup and/or chicken and wonton soup.  

Lots of water

Lemon juice and honey

Walking IN THE HOUSE as much as I felt I could handle (stop when I get tired) -- because doing this will help your lungs push the junk out.  (It sounds silly, but if you only have 1 room to walk in.... walk in a figure 8.... it will keep you from getting dizzy walking around in circles!)

Walking or sitting in sun will help, too! (if you can find some... here in San Francisco, this is our foggy season....) -- hopefully you will have more luck.

LOTS of sleep!!!!

And... a hot drink before bed (with some alcohol if you are of an appropriate age!) can help you sleep easier.

BE WELL SOON!!!!!!  (And you can read books and join that thread while you are laid up, too!!!)(Last week of Summer reading competition!)

Five on Five on Five softball scrimmage.  Tons of fun.  Went only 2 for 6 with a run and the shortstop unleashed the throw from hell while I was going up the first base line.  Hit me in the thigh.  Real tender today.  I made "The catch of the year" though on  ball hit 15 yards over my head and ran back and snowconed it on the run over the shoulder.  The hitter refused to believe it for about a minute.  Ball hit that deep especially in Right tend to end up in the street.  In fact I had a very fine night defensively.  

That is the league I play with (well tonight against technically) my dad who re aggravated a serious shoulder injury.  He was not happy.  He expects so much of himself it's ridiculous.  If he wouldn't be schooling Lou Gehrig in his mind he moans about it for hours afterward.  Most of it directed at me like I would understand.  It's like Dad.  Your the best 1bman in the league and your the oldest player in the league,  you deserve and always are in the top 5 batting lineup spots.  All the 20 someodds are afraid to hit a triple right before you cause there afraid that you'll kill them with a line drive.  So you went 1 for 4? boo hoo hoo, but if I ever said that like that: he'd never play again and would talk to me for a day.  

This is what I try to use to stay away from antibiotics and other meds and still get over cold quickly.....

Lots of water

Lemon juice and honey

Walking IN THE HOUSE as much as I felt I could handle (stop when I get tired) -- because doing this will help your lungs push the junk out.  (It sounds silly, but if you only have 1 room to walk in.... walk in a figure 8.... it will keep you from getting dizzy walking around in circles!)

Walking or sitting in sun will help, too! (if you can find some... here in San Francisco, this is our foggy season....) -- hopefully you will have more luck.

LOTS of sleep!!!!

And... a hot drink before bed (with some alcohol if you are of an appropriate age!) can help you sleep easier.

BE WELL SOON!!!!!!  (And you can read books and join that thread while you are laid up, too!!!)(Last week of Summer reading competition!)

The most annoying thing is that I am pretty much completely fine minus the running nose and coughing.

I dont have a fever and I can walk around just fine. I have been at work all last week and this week so far because I feel just fine.

It seems like my nose just doesnt want to give up lol

Lots of water

Lemon juice and honey

LOTS of sleep!!!!

The most annoying thing is that I am pretty much completely fine minus the running nose and coughing.

I dont have a fever and I can walk around just fine. I have been at work all last week and this week so far because I feel just fine.

It seems like my nose just doesnt want to give up lol