ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 9, 2013 Author Posted September 9, 2013 Sorry that seemed kind of pert from me. I was having a convo with Mom about the status of my shoulder problems. I just took Aleve and am still in lots of pain. I am flattered; that is on the faster side :trophy: . I moved a large heavy St. Joseph statue today at work up high on a ladder and had it been another statue of anything else I think I woulda been hospitalized and the statue smashed to tiny bits. But there are always more amazing people out there. My Mom is doing a mmarathon the day of my zombie 5k! Go Mom!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 11, 2013 Author Posted September 11, 2013 Started using weights. hmmph. 4 miles in 35 minutes and 51 seconds this time. Dodgeball and indoor softball next month. My shoulders are a disaster.
CrossCuT Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 I ran for 28 minutes yesterday and covered 2.5 miles
cartermia Posted September 11, 2013 Posted September 11, 2013 I got my overhand serve over in Volleyball!!!! For the very first time! During a Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 15, 2013 Author Posted September 15, 2013 Worked out yesterday the Hershel Walker routine plus the weight work. Did 4 miles running ok but not as good as recent awesomeness. 37 minutes and 27 seconds.
CrossCuT Posted September 16, 2013 Posted September 16, 2013 My friend and I are now running for 30 minute straight! It was a personal goal for her so I am very glad she made it! Its also a new mile stone for me as well...longest Ive ever run!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 18, 2013 Author Posted September 18, 2013 4 mile run yesterday 37 27. Wieghts and Hershel Walker routine. Still too hot to go on my run right now. Prolly later. Maybe skip that part and do everything else. The zombie 5k is only Oct 5th! I feel like I am getting depressed.
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 20, 2013 Author Posted September 20, 2013 Worked out today. Kinda sucked no run but did the other stuff.
CrossCuT Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 My friend and I reached our new best! 3 mile run in 35 mins!
BG45 Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 You sure beat my time! (about an hour for me)
CrossCuT Posted September 23, 2013 Posted September 23, 2013 It has taken us 6 months to work up to this! Everything takes time!
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 23, 2013 Author Posted September 23, 2013 personal best for this year under 35 minutes for 4 mile run! Zombie 5k on the 5th. Dodgeball season start on the 3rd. and we need more females or we might not have a indoor softball league :-(
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted September 25, 2013 Author Posted September 25, 2013 I did weights and ran today even with a cold. 4 miles in 39 minutes isn't very good for me but I know the cold I have is definitely a factor.
BG45 Posted September 26, 2013 Posted September 26, 2013 Amen on time, and yay CCC for running despite the cold! :) I tried to plank (the exercise, not the fad) and my abs are informing me I overdid it. Also did a few hundred dumbbell bench press reps.
TheresaThoma Posted September 27, 2013 Posted September 27, 2013 I have a goal, to be able to run a 5k by next October, (the place where I will be working at does a 5k to raise funds and I would love to be able to run in it.) I'm trying to figure out a few good routes that are around 5k. It looks like one way to my Church or round trip to the local library. I'm starting out slowly, right now I am mixing walking and running, 5 minute warm up walk, then twenty minutes of walking/running, then 5 minutes cool down. I figure once I can run for the whole 20 minutes then I will start pushing distance.
CrossCuT Posted September 27, 2013 Posted September 27, 2013 I have a goal, to be able to run a 5k by next October, (the place where I will be working at does a 5k to raise funds and I would love to be able to run in it.) I'm trying to figure out a few good routes that are around 5k. It looks like one way to my Church or round trip to the local library. I'm starting out slowly, right now I am mixing walking and running, 5 minute warm up walk, then twenty minutes of walking/running, then 5 minutes cool down. I figure once I can run for the whole 20 minutes then I will start pushing distance. Awesome!!! I started out the exact same way. My friend and I decided to train for a 5k back in april and we are almost there! We took it pretty slow but we are enjoying it. We started off with alternating walking and running and we use the app 5k Runner!! It made it super easy and it keeps track of time for you so you dont have to! Also, to find a route that is about 5k (3.2 miles) try going to www.mapmyrun.com. Its basically google maps but you can trace out a path around your home and it will tell you how many miles it is.
AnneLine Posted September 27, 2013 Posted September 27, 2013 CrossCut, maybe it is dorky me, but I have tried that Mapmyroute program before, and it has to be one of the STUPIDEST mapping programs I have even seen. Just tried it again... and had the same if not a WORSE experience than in the past. I have yet to have been able to generate a single route on it. The map WILL NOT set still, it slips and slides. I try to get it centered and it double and quadruple counts sections of the route... Basically, in my experience it is unusable. I know roughly what the mileage on the route is (and I walk rather than run, old lady that I am!) and wear a pedometer, but it wold be handy to just be able to share the route. Got any ideas?
ardillacid Posted September 28, 2013 Posted September 28, 2013 I don't remember clicking on this thread.
4588686 Posted September 28, 2013 Posted September 28, 2013 because they got rid of the last one. tuesday 4mile run in 34 minutes and 37 seconds, 29 pushups in three sets on knuckles, with the highest set being 13. and Planked unitl my arms gave out. Run faster.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now