CrossCuT Posted August 21, 2013 Posted August 21, 2013 not to brag or anything but I walked a mile today :dance5: :winner:
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted August 21, 2013 Author Posted August 21, 2013 So Monday concluded the church league season. We went 7-0-0. I was 10 for 19 with 8 Runs, 3 doubles, 2 triples, a home run, 8 RBIs a sac fly, and 2 Errors. So a .526 batting average .500 On Base Percentage, 1.053 Slugging % and a 1.553 OPS. Yesterday I went 3 for 6 with 2 runs and an RBI. Season is winding down. Bad calls by the umps for me when I was baserunning caused me to chew the guy out even a lil. He felt bad. Actually I did too. I don't know what the score was but we mercy ruled em. I was just sick of being called out when when I shouldn't be. Even the opposition's secondbaseman himself said I was safe. Blood drawn today so no workout and softball tomorrow if they can field enough of a team.
southern california guy Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 So Monday concluded the church league season. We went 7-0-0. I was 10 for 19 with 8 Runs, 3 doubles, 2 triples, a home run, 8 RBIs a sac fly, and 2 Errors. So a .526 batting average .500 On Base Percentage, 1.053 Slugging % and a 1.553 OPS. Yesterday I went 3 for 6 with 2 runs and an RBI. Season is winding down. Bad calls by the umps for me when I was baserunning caused me to chew the guy out even a lil. He felt bad. Actually I did too. I don't know what the score was but we mercy ruled em. I was just sick of being called out when when I shouldn't be. Even the opposition's secondbaseman himself said I was safe. Blood drawn today so no workout and softball tomorrow if they can field enough of a team. Wow, a .526 batting average! I haven't tried playing softball since High School. I probably couldn't hit the ball at all... It sounds like your team was pretty strong. Sounds like you guys need to find a better league -- with a little more competition. Man, all I did was some physical therapy at the hospital and I walked a mile at the track. Boy when I can run again I am going to start playing tennis again. And if I wasn't so bad at softball I think that I would even try that.
Nunsense Posted August 22, 2013 Posted August 22, 2013 not to brag or anything but I walked a mile today :dance5: Good for you. soon you'll be fit enough to walk the Camino! :)
southern california guy Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 Good for you. soon you'll be fit enough to walk the Camino! :) Thank you. :smile2: What is the "Camino"? I do speak spanish so I know that means road, but it is it a certain race?
Nunsense Posted August 23, 2013 Posted August 23, 2013 Thank you. :smile2: What is the "Camino"? I do speak spanish so I know that means road, but it is it a certain race? It's a walking (or biking or mule or horse riding etc) pilgrimage through Spain to the Cathedral at Santiago de Compostella. It can be started at several different places. I started in St Jean Pied de Port, France and walked nearly 300 kms to Burgos before I called it a day. A lot of pilgrims walk from Sarria in Spain to Santiago which is about 110 kms. If a person walks more than 100 kms to reach Santiago, they can get a certificate when they finish (and indulgences etc). I might go back and finish it some day, but even the distance I walked was an amazing experience. I posted some thing while I was walking and then AnneLine started a thread in Open Mic called something like Virtual Camino -- she posted from blogs about walking the Camino day by day. There was a movie made about it starring Martin Sheen called The Way. A bit Hollywoodish but still nice. Here is AnneLine's thread. http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/130475-virtual-camino-de-santiago-continuing-the-journey-to-compostella/
southern california guy Posted August 24, 2013 Posted August 24, 2013 It's a walking (or biking or mule or horse riding etc) pilgrimage through Spain to the Cathedral at Santiago de Compostella. It can be started at several different places. I started in St Jean Pied de Port, France and walked nearly 300 kms to Burgos before I called it a day. A lot of pilgrims walk from Sarria in Spain to Santiago which is about 110 kms. If a person walks more than 100 kms to reach Santiago, they can get a certificate when they finish (and indulgences etc). I might go back and finish it some day, but even the distance I walked was an amazing experience. I posted some thing while I was walking and then AnneLine started a thread in Open Mic called something like Virtual Camino -- she posted from blogs about walking the Camino day by day. There was a movie made about it starring Martin Sheen called The Way. A bit Hollywoodish but still nice. Here is AnneLine's thread. http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/130475-virtual-camino-de-santiago-continuing-the-journey-to-compostella/ The Camino sounds a little too ambitious for me at this stage. But I think that I will be up to walking 2 miles soon. You actually walked 300 kms!! Wow..
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted August 25, 2013 Author Posted August 25, 2013 yard work yesterday. and other outdoor softball season over. They forfeited Thursday. Stats as follows. 14G we went 12-5. I played Starting RF and also played CF, Rover and Catcher. I went 35 for 58, with 17 runs, 5 doubles, 3 triples, 13 RBIs, a sac fly, and 2E. So .604 BA, .593 OBP, .793 Slg% and a 1.386 OPS%. So the way I look at it this is my fave team to play for in a lot of ways. I've played with them since 2010. We've been bad, we've been nigh unstoppable, we've been slapstick comedy on and off the field. It's been great. I think the grandaddy of these stats that I can calculate is easily OPS% http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-base_plus_slugging especially where you can't steal in our league. My OPS and our team records all the way back are as so. 1.722 team 1-6 2010 1.100 team 13-5? 2011 That can't be right. hmmph. I bet Our coach would know 1.388 team 13-5ish 2012 1.386 team as I stated 12-5. My goal is next year to break 1.400. On your marks get set... work out!!!!!
AnneLine Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 (edited) not to brag or anything but I walked a mile today :dance5: :winner: Good for you. soon you'll be fit enough to walk the Camino! :) Thank you. :smile2: What is the "Camino"? I do speak spanish so I know that means road, but it is it a certain race? It's a walking (or biking or mule or horse riding etc) pilgrimage through Spain to the Cathedral at Santiago de Compostella. It can be started at several different places. I started in St Jean Pied de Port, France and walked nearly 300 kms to Burgos before I called it a day. A lot of pilgrims walk from Sarria in Spain to Santiago which is about 110 kms. If a person walks more than 100 kms to reach Santiago, they can get a certificate when they finish (and indulgences etc). I might go back and finish it some day, but even the distance I walked was an amazing experience. I posted some thing while I was walking and then AnneLine started a thread in Open Mic called something like Virtual Camino -- she posted from blogs about walking the Camino day by day. There was a movie made about it starring Martin Sheen called The Way. A bit Hollywoodish but still nice. Here is AnneLine's thread. http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/130475-virtual-camino-de-santiago-continuing-the-journey-to-compostella/ The Camino sounds a little too ambitious for me at this stage. But I think that I will be up to walking 2 miles soon. You actually walked 300 kms!! Wow.. Yes, Nunsense did!!!!! And we all walked (as much and as far as we could!) in solidarity with her!!! SoCal guy, I truly respect what it is like to come back after an injury, and to know in your heart that 1 mile is a HUGE achievement. Done that with torn ligaments in my ankle... it IS a huge accomplishment! Don't know if you would find this motivating or not.... there is a 'walk across america' virtual walking trail... A researcher in Berkeley set it up as a way of getting stats to prove his hypothesis that people exercised more when they have someone 'teaming' with them. I walked from East to West coast using his website (link below) -- which was ~4000 miles! --over a couple of years. It uses the google maps to show you where you have 'arrived' each day. It's kind of fun! (One night by fluke I spent ATOP a bridge over the Mississippi River... and we spent interminable miles walking through Kansas!!!!) A friend and I did it together, calculating mileage and teasing each other that THIS week "I" would get better mileage. Because of that website, I generally get about 15-20 miles in a week... which given how much my hips hurt some weeks is still a laudable goal!!!! So... think about doing your 4000 walk across the USA starting now... it will give you somewhere to aim for!!!! http://exercise.lbl.gov/ If you want to do it, let us know so we can cheer you on!!!! Edited August 26, 2013 by AnneLine
southern california guy Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 Yes, Nunsense did!!!!! And we all walked (as much and as far as we could!) in solidarity with her!!! SoCal guy, I truly respect what it is like to come back after an injury, and to know in your heart that 1 mile is a HUGE achievement. Done that with torn ligaments in my ankle... it IS a huge accomplishment! Don't know if you would find this motivating or not.... there is a 'walk across america' virtual walking trail... A researcher in Berkeley set it up as a way of getting stats to prove his hypothesis that people exercised more when they have someone 'teaming' with them. I walked from East to West coast using his website (link below) -- which was ~4000 miles! --over a couple of years. It uses the google maps to show you where you have 'arrived' each day. It's kind of fun! (One night by fluke I spent ATOP a bridge over the Mississippi River... and we spent interminable miles walking through Kansas!!!!) A friend and I did it together, calculating mileage and teasing each other that THIS week "I" would get better mileage. Because of that website, I generally get about 15-20 miles in a week... which given how much my hips hurt some weeks is still a laudable goal!!!! So... think about doing your 4000 walk across the USA starting now... it will give you somewhere to aim for!!!! http://exercise.lbl.gov/ If you want to do it, let us know so we can cheer you on!!!! That is neat! I might try that. Just walking at all is a victory for me at this point. Here is a picture of my last x-ray (4 weeks ago).
AnneLine Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 (edited) Looks like they inserted a light saber above a small baseball stadium!!!!! (yes, I know it is a pin with your joint below it. ;) ) SCG, the walk across America thing really was a lot of fun... especially if you find someone to do it with you. ;) I think he is no longer officially setting up teams any more (the researcher has now published his results, but he left the site up for people to keep using it....) but you can do it with a friend. We used pedometers.... and just tracked the weekly mileage and aerobic miles... I set up an excel chart to calculate the stuff weekly and can give you all a sample If there is interest...... And it would be easy to do a 'virtual camino' as well.. or walk to Rome, or walk around the moon, for that matter... because all you need to do is use the google mapping feature to track your own 'camino'.... Edited August 26, 2013 by AnneLine
CrossCuT Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 I havent been able to run for 2 weeks due to being sick. I had a reallly bad fever and now it has migrated to my chest and I dont want to make it worse by overexerting myself. I read that chest colds can possibly lead to pneumonia if you push yourself too hard so Im taking it easy.
AnneLine Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 Wise choice, CrossCut. Just start walking slowly and build your strength & lungs back when you are ready. But not before that. Hope you get better soon!!!!!
southern california guy Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 I havent been able to run for 2 weeks due to being sick. I had a reallly bad fever and now it has migrated to my chest and I dont want to make it worse by overexerting myself. I read that chest colds can possibly lead to pneumonia if you push yourself too hard so Im taking it easy. Definitely! It is wise to take it easy when you don't feel good. There is always another day.
CrossCuT Posted August 26, 2013 Posted August 26, 2013 The only horrible thing is that now I feel pretty much normal. The only thing is that Im still coughing. :( ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Im tired of being sick
Norseman82 Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 not to brag or anything but I walked a mile today :dance5: so when are you going to be cleared for hockey?
southern california guy Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 so when are you going to be cleared for hockey? I don't know. I'm going to see the doctor on Thursday. I'm hoping I'll be able to put on skates at least by December.
Norseman82 Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 So Monday concluded the church league season. We went 7-0-0. I was 10 for 19 with 8 Runs, 3 doubles, 2 triples, a home run, 8 RBIs a sac fly, and 2 Errors. So a .526 batting average .500 On Base Percentage, 1.053 Slugging % and a 1.553 OPS. Yesterday I went 3 for 6 with 2 runs and an RBI. Season is winding down. Bad calls by the umps for me when I was baserunning caused me to chew the guy out even a lil. He felt bad. Actually I did too. I don't know what the score was but we mercy ruled em. I was just sick of being called out when when I shouldn't be. Even the opposition's secondbaseman himself said I was safe. Blood drawn today so no workout and softball tomorrow if they can field enough of a team. Is your league 12 or 16 inch softball? Do you use gloves?
ContemporaryCaflicCrusader Posted August 27, 2013 Author Posted August 27, 2013 We typically use Green Dot softballs http://www.bing.com/search?q=green+dot+softball&form=MSNH14&pc=UP97&pq=green+dot+softball&sc=3-18&sp=1&qs=AS&sk= so 12s. There is another league our females play in which I don't where they have an 11 inch female ball you could use or decline when your up lol. Then again no game stands in infamy quite like the blue dot game. Arch rivals. 50ish degrees. We were the away team and said, "Hey Kelsey, what's up with the balls?" He said "We're doing you a favor." Everyone hates playing Kelsey's team of dirty thugs and the weather and cheating and intensity was at it's highest ever close game we lost... but they broke like a thousand dollars in softball bats haha. Blue dot balls go farther and frankly are just more dangerous.
BG45 Posted August 27, 2013 Posted August 27, 2013 The only horrible thing is that now I feel pretty much normal. The only thing is that Im still coughing. :( ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Im tired of being sick Hope you feel better soon!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now