An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Workout Thread

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader

southern california guy

I like the low carb burgers at Carl's Jr's!  With the salad.  I love the crunchy lettuce in place of a bun!  But I probably lose any health benefits gained by skipping the bun when I drink raspberry ice tea....

Edited by southern california guy

southern california guy

I don't have any weight equipment at my house either.  I belong to a little gym close to where I work.  If I were to go home -- before going to the gym -- I wouldn't go to the gym at all.  I learned that from experience...

But I want to put up a chinning bar and dip bars at my house.  :flex2:   I will do the squats and deadlifts, and perhaps cleans, at the gym.

Maybe I should start doing a small amount of weight training. EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS THREAD IS

I just dont have any equipment. No actually thats a lie...I have two 3 lb dumbbells :hehe2:  

I have a pair of 3s and 8s from Wal-Mart!  Actually they seem to sell up to 20 there.  :)  (Actually hate Wal-Mart, but in this town, it and K-Mart are pretty much the only stores aside from locally owned restaurants.)

Didn't go for a real walk today, but counting it as done anyhow.  Prof friend had me meet him at a cafe a mile from school and I walked there and back rather than drive.  Also lifted 200 times with the 3lb weights.

I don't weight train.  I should and we have plenty of dumbbells.  I'd just rather staple bagels to my face and remove them with a pitchfork.  I really should though.  :-( 

http://railstoentrails.com/Rails_to_Entrails_Website/HOME.html  I am doing this again this year and there adding fire as an obstacle.  I signed a waiver saying I could die!!!!  Last year I did best on our team and only 1 female did better than me in the entire race; I won't do that good this year, but they also ate my brains last year and I won't let this happen again.  

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came in 18th overall last year (4 female ahead of me) 226 overall racers.  Heck ya!  For the Zombie 5k I am am doing again!

Zombie 5k, I'm jealous!

Did some lifting in office, and going to be walking to and from Mass from here, so about a mile there.

Softball yesterday 2 for 4.  Got to play shortstop and Centerfield!!!  reached on an error by the 1Bwoman  my first at bat, but redeemed my self by breaking up the double play with real good baserunning.  fot a double and a run.  We were told to take it easy on this team.  They kinda stink.  Good pitching though.  

I may of come in 18th in the zombie 5k...  but they still ate my brains.  :|  

Holy croutons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came in 18th overall last year (4 female ahead of me) 226 overall racers.  Heck ya!  For the Zombie 5k I am am doing again!

Thats really awesome! My friend and I only have a couple more weeks till our 5k training is done then we can choose one to run. Im very excited and its going to be a big deal for me. I have never done this in my whole life and its the first time im really committing to an exercising regiment and actually enjoying it. It has been making me feel very empowered!

Maybe Im daft, but i JUST discovered the Mapmyrun website and its been really fun! I have grow pretty bored of my current running rout so this helped me pick out a new one as well as tell me the distance! :)

I don't weight train.  I should and we have plenty of dumbbells.  I'd just rather staple bagels to my face and remove them with a pitchfork.  I really should though.  :-( 

rotfl

Thats really amesome! My friend and I only have a couple more weeks till our 5k training is done then we can choose one to run. Im very excited and its going to be a big deal for me. I have never done this in my whole life and its the first time im really committing to an exercising regiment and actually enjoying it. It has been making me feel very empowered!

Maybe Im daft, but i JUST discovered the Mapmyrun website and its been really fun! I have grow pretty bored of my current running rout so this helped me pick out a new one as well as tell me the distance! :)

rotfl

I bet you're going to find running a 5k a piece of cake.  Doesn't it feel awesome!? I use my angry Christian music on my iPod nano with the Nike app that comes loaded.  Occasionally use the freestryder or Wii Fit plus lol.  

Last night Softball 2 for 4.  1st at bat I got on but it was an E3, but redeeming myself I broke up a double play with excellent base running.  Got a bloop single in Right and scored and then after changing bats got a double.  Swung at a crummy pitch to ground out to short last at bat but we killed them.  Our team struck out a season high 2 times that game so at least I wasn't on that list and one of em was a guy too.  I debuted at Shortstop and Centerfield for that league that game too!

Tonight we won by 1 run! and I went 2 for 2 with a triple and 2RBIs and a run.  Blatant fielding error in the outfield though.  :|  did the very best out of our entire batting lineup!!!  in slow pitch softball to plate appearances in a game is definitely a record low.  

southern california guy

Softball yesterday 2 for 4.  Got to play shortstop and Centerfield!!!  reached on an error by the 1Bwoman  my first at bat, but redeemed my self by breaking up the double play with real good baserunning.  fot a double and a run.  We were told to take it easy on this team.  They kinda stink.  Good pitching though.  

I may of come in 18th in the zombie 5k...  but they still ate my brains.   :|

It sounds like they are on a diet that is too low in calories...  Dang zombies!  :angry:

Edited by southern california guy

I bet you're going to find running a 5k a piece of cake.  Doesn't it feel amesome!? I use my angry Christian music on my iPod nano with the Nike app that comes loaded.  Occasionally use the freestryder or Wii Fit plus lol.  

Angry christian music?  :hehe2:

My friend and I ran 20 minutes straight yesterday without breaks. We were able to run around the entire lake that we have been frequenting and it was an awesome feeling. Towards the end we both decided to scream in VICTORY!!

one step closer to a 5k!

southern california guy

You guys are lucky.  Coming back from a broken leg I can only walk -- and not run...  And it swells up fast..  My goal is to walk a mile.  

I did the Hershel Walker routine yesterday.  Sounds impressive, huh?  Well with the re release of Tecmo Bowl I think I'll tell close friends like you about youabout Heshel Walker's personal workout routine.  

Are you ready?  Stretch, run, stretch, pushups, crunches.  Whew.  Try to soak that up.  I actually use a wheel with handles to exercise my abs and I haven't done the Walker routine since like May and my abs needed it the least.  Ran 4 miles in...

43 minutes  :embarrassed: