An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Religion Field In Profile

dUSt

I remember back when I use to have admins that would make my life easier instead of harder. Those were the days.

Impossible to please everyone.  :farmer:

You can't please everyone all the time, but you can please everyone for 20-30 minutes.

homeschoolmom

You could do Latin Rite Catholic and Eastern Rite Catholic, if, for some reason, there needs to be a distintion. Of course, many people read "Latin Rite Catholic" and think you attend the TLM.

You could do Latin Rite Catholic and Eastern Rite Catholic, if, for some reason, there needs to be a distintion. Of course, many people read "Latin Rite Catholic" and think you attend the Traditional Latin Mass.

Just want to say: I think your signature's great!

Meh. My suggestions aren't happening, are they?

No. Eastern Catholic and Western Catholic would be more correctly termed as Eastern Catholic and Latin Catholic. I think, for the majority of people who visit phatmass, "Catholic" is assumed to be Latin Catholic--and making people select "Latin Catholic" without a "Catholic" option would just confuse most people who don't know the difference.

And, to your other point of simply dropping "Eastern Catholic", there has been requests in the past for the ability to make that distinction.

Thank you for your business.

GeorgiiMichael

You should add, "Catholic - Anglican Ordinate" just in case we manage to snag one of our Anglo-Catholic brothers/sisters for the phatmass ranks.

PhuturePriest

You have finally given me a Church Militant tag. As a result, I will unquestioningly do whatever you tell me and blindly follow you in whatever decision you make.

The current religion system is adequate, I think.