An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Religion Field In Profile

dUSt

Running this board is a thankless job. Doesn't matter what you do, it's not right. 

Not that anyone else has volunteered to run it....

Anastasia13

Are you Oriental Orthodox?

Actually, technically, I am a two-lung theory following, strongly Eastern preferring, Apostolic Christian with a skepticism of religious authority and particularly rules even when I agree with the actions, slightly theological agnostic who manages to make a home in a Oriental Orthodox church and finds God there and has a compulsive need to be slightly divergent in expression, but that is a bit long for a title.

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

Running this board is a thankless job. Doesn't matter what you do, it's not right. 

Nah, I'm happy with what he did. All y'all complaining about this just ain't right.

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

How about changing "Catholic" to "Western Catholic" or something? Or, how about deleting "Eastern Catholic?" So that it can't look like there's something defective in Eastern Catholics or whatnot.

It's not defective. It's superior.

The Phatmass website knows you are a heretic.

Now, now, be nice. It doesn't do to accuse lurkers of heresy.

Why won't it say I am Catholic? :o

My personal guess (which is probably incorrect, but doesn't accuse you of heresy) is that Dust may have set some sort of post count?  I know it's 10 messages before the PMing system works for new members.  But, as I said, just a guess! 

Nihil Obstat

For me, what I had to do was go to my profile, select Catholic (even though it already showed that setting) and click save. Made the forum recognize that setting on the profile.

For me, what I had to do was go to my profile, select Catholic (even though it already showed that setting) and click save. Made the forum recognize that setting on the profile.

Same here. It might be set that way for everyone.

Nihil Obstat

Same here. It might be set that way for everyone.

I think so, because I am seeing many profiles where it does not yet show up. Probably, since "Catholic" is the default, it just needs that specific save click to recognize that the setting is meant to be displayed.