An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Religion Field In Profile

dUSt

Hey where is the ex-mormon, former agnostic, former spiritual but not religious, generic Christian considering Catholicism option??!! I'm being discriminated against! :evil: Just kidding, this is the closest I could come up with that fits me though, I apparently defy classification.

Anastasia13

Hey where is the ex-mormon, former agnostic, former spiritual but not religious, generic Christian considering Catholicism option??!! I'm being discriminated against!

Watch it hun, I'm closer to Catholicism than you are, and you are a St. Hasa Perm.

:evil: Just kidding, this is the closest I could come up with that fits me though, I apparently defy classification.

Welcome to the club. Wine, tea, and waters are to the left. The cookies and pastries to the left but closer to the main stage. Guest speakers start in 15 minutes. Please obtain a name tag at the registration table and have a seat.

Edited by Light and Truth

Anastasia13

Dust, if you have an "Other" it would cover and shut people up from complaining about unlikely or obscure minority religions. It's also a good catchall if you have rare a B'hai, Sikh, pagan, new age mishmash... etc. show up.

Watch it hun, I'm closer to Catholicism than you are, and you are a St. Hasa Perm.

The Armenian Apostolic Church is Catholic. In fact, both Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox, like Latin Catholics and Eastern Catholics, are members of Catholic Churches, for as the ancient Fathers taught . . . the one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church exists wherever Christ is present in the Holy Eucharist, 

Edited by Apotheoun

Anastasia13

The Armenian Apostolic Church is Catholic. In fact, both Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox, like Latin Catholics and Eastern Catholics, are members of Catholic Churches, for as the ancient Fathers taught . . . the one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church exists wherever Christ is present in the Holy Eucharist, 

Meh. Not everyone fully ascribes to everything word that Pope JPII said.

Meh. Not everyone fully ascribes to everything word that Pope JPII said.

I will stick with the ecclesiology of the Church Fathers.

Also jedi and Satanism.

Both Jedi and Satanism fit in the category "Spiritual, not Religious."

Edited by Apotheoun

Anastasia13

I will stick with the ecclesiology of the Church Fathers.

Yes, but the fact that JPII referred to the the two lungs of the church at some point as inclusive of the Orthodox churches and thus in keeping with the traditional views of the Church Fathers reaffirms the orthodoxy of the Catholic Church while affirming the catholicity of the Orthodox Churches. If he truly disagreed with the ecclesiology of the Church Fathers, then JPII would not have been Catholic much less Pope, now would he?