An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ladies Can You Explain This To Me?

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

I can say, from my time in seminary, that if a man hasn't ever had at least some of the reality of marriage exposed to him, things will not go well for him at all in discernment. These men have a tendency to be afraid of interaction with women, and it makes things extremely difficult for them down the road.

PhuturePriest

Nothing personal but based on some pictures of some seminarians it would take an act of charity to want to tempt them. :evil:  (Sometimes I am very shallow.)

Father Jonathan Morris is not impressed.

0_21_4_22_fathejonathan_new_450.jpg

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

Nothing personal but based on some pictures of some seminarians it would take an act of charity to want to tempt them. :evil:  (Sometimes I am very shallow.)

oh this made my night...too funny. Props.

Spem in alium

This killed me. Kudos.   :hehe2:

CatholicsAreKewl

I have experienced, and heard stories from a lot of guys in the seminary that once they got serious in their discernment and the single Catholic girls found out all of a sudden it was like open season on the priesthood discerner. Now, I can understand somebody wanting to find a good Catholic husband and how much more faithful a guy are you going to find than somebody who is willing to go to Seminary, but wouldn't you rather have a good Priest? Why do so many beautiful faithful Catholic women have to tempt us?

Aren't these women called "chalice chippers"? A priest at my church told me that women love the collar. Apparently, priests get hit on all the time. I guess some want what they can't have...

PhuturePriest

Aren't these women called "chalice chippers"? A priest at my church told me that women love the collar. Apparently, priests get hit on all the time. I guess some want what they can't have...

Oh yes. I've heard of women flirting with Priests. They normally flirt with Priests that the girls lovingly refer to as "Father What-A-Waste". When I visited the Seminary, a Priest told us that their motto was "God gets the best and the chicks get the rest."

The old timer ladies call my pastor "Father What-a-waste", as in his personal and physical beauty are wasted in the priesthood. Them old ladies can be pretty dirty sometimes.. 

homeschoolmom

I have experienced, and heard stories from a lot of guys in the seminary that once they got serious in their discernment and the single Catholic girls found out all of a sudden it was like open season on the priesthood discerner. Now, I can understand somebody wanting to find a good Catholic husband and how much more faithful a guy are you going to find than somebody who is willing to go to Seminary, but wouldn't you rather have a good Priest? Why do so many beautiful faithful Catholic women have to tempt us?

Why do they do this? I think some women take it as a personal challenge. "If I can tempt him, I must really be hot stuff!! He'll choose me over God!" Tempting your average Joe College Student is not especially challenging.

Cause chicks dig guys in uniform, even black cassocks.

And a little of that, too.

Why do they do this? I think some women take it as a personal challenge. "If I can tempt him, I must really be hot stuff!! He'll choose me over God!" Tempting your average Joe College Student is not especially challenging.

And a little of that, too.

This. And many of the "seminary boppers" I have known had pretty low self-esteem, too. One of them explained it to me - after she was past her semiray bopper phase - as, "If he doesn't love me enough to marry me, at least I lost out to God Almighty, not some other woman who was just more attractive."

But I have collected any statistical data to figure out how often that is the case.

homeschoolmom

Yeah, I think that's why women chase after chaste men in general.... to prove something to themselves.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

No chicks are into you, bro. You're deceiving yourself.

Your always so  helpful Winnie

I can say, from my time in seminary, that if a man hasn't ever had at least some of the reality of marriage exposed to him, things will not go well for him at all in discernment. These men have a tendency to be afraid of interaction with women, and it makes things extremely difficult for them down the road.

Fixed.