An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ladies Can You Explain This To Me?

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

PhuturePriest

The majority of seminarians that I have met are the exact opposite of anti-social or "not-knowing-how-to-be-around-people-in-the-real-world"... Most of them are just normal men seeking God's will. Normal. Adult senses of humor and all. As well as keen taste for good wine and food..

croutons. Now you guys know my real motivations...

My thoughts exactly. I've never met a seminarian that was awkward or unsocial. All the seminarians I met at Conception jumped right into conversations, and were normal guys.

I particularly have to agree with this statement.

Although the poor seminarians at Conception Seminary get neither very often, although they are working hard at improving the food so I hear. And to be fair I understand the brothers each much more simply than the seminarians...I mean the poor brothers get cake only after it gets too stale for the seminary side, so the have to add milk over it...

I do recall when I visited thinking that I would be an expert at fasting if I went there.

I particularly have to agree with this statement.

Although the poor seminarians at Conception Seminary get neither very often, although they are working hard at improving the food so I hear. And to be fair I understand the brothers each much more simply than the seminarians...I mean the poor brothers get cake only after it gets too stale for the seminary side, so the have to add milk over it...

My thoughts exactly. I've never met a seminarian that was awkward or unsocial. All the seminarians I met at Conception jumped right into conversations, and were normal guys.

I do recall when I visited thinking that I would be an expert at fasting if I went there.

The Cathedral Seminary of the Immaculate Conception where my diocese may be sending me (If God willing, I am accepted. Still haven't heard back about that yet...) has really good food, and a whole lot of it. Those guys are fed very very well. They actually warned me, that if I come, to be careful because it is easy to over eat and gain weight quickly. That's NYC for you..

PhuturePriest

The Cathedral Seminary of the Immaculate Conception where my diocese may be sending me (If God willing, I am accepted. Still haven't heard back about that yet...) has really good food, and a whole lot of it. Those guys are fed very very well. They actually warned me, that if I come, to be careful because it is easy to over eat and gain weight quickly. That's NYC for you..

That's pretty awesome. I should probably go there instead, though I doubt I would gain anything. I'm really picky about food, and I barely eat.

PhuturePriest

girls dont like boys who can't eat.

so eat !!

I eat. Just not a whole lot. As a result, I'm 5'5" and 110 pounds. That's probably underweight, and I have an hourglass figure (No joke), but oh well. It's better than the alternative, I suppose.

homeschoolmom

I eat. Just not a whole lot. As a result, I'm 5'5" and 110 pounds. That's probably underweight, and I have an hourglass figure (No joke), but oh well. It's better than the alternative, I suppose.

That's not underweight for your age.

PhuturePriest

That's not underweight for your age.

Really? Because I'm often told I need to eat more, because I'm "too skinny".

MissScripture

Really? Because I'm often told I need to eat more, because I'm "too skinny".

I seem to recall you saying you are of German descent? If so, no matter how large you are, your mother will tell you that you need to eat more because you are too skinny. :P

PhuturePriest

I seem to recall you saying you are of German descent? If so, no matter how large you are, your mother will tell you that you need to eat more because you are too skinny. :P

Well, she's not really on my case about it. It's my grandmother that's on my case about it, with such comments as "Miles, you just look so sickly. You're way too skinny, and you need to eat more." I guess I am a small sight to behold, but I don't think I fall on the sickly side of things...

jazzytakara

A lot of women want what they can't have. It is a similar reason why some women openly flirt with dating and/or married men. A man in the priesthood or the seminary is an example of a faithful Catholic who is modeling himself after Christ. This is attractive to some women as faith is dwindling in a secular world. Kind of like how some women are attracted to married men, as the man clearly knows how to commit, another rare thing today sadly. It isn't like they are purposely trying to tempt men away (well some are...) its just natural attraction to attractive features. However by not respecting a man's vows to the priesthood or vows to his wife, the women in question aren't showing very attractive features themselves.  

In a way if someone discerning the religious wife, is it not prudent to understand married life? How can one make a full decision without weighing the options to see where one is truly called?

Lil'Monster

Holiness is attractive....very attractive!!!

Once I started to discern religious life I became more attracted to holy guys. I know it is weird to think that way but I still think holy guys are attractive!  When I see an attractive holy man who is single...I get tempted but I always have to remember to thank God for making such wonderful and beautiful men who are striving for the sainthood.

I love Catholic guys who are trying to be holy whether they are discerning the priesthood or not.

Yeah I can't have what I want but that is ok because I rather give my whole heart to Christ than to any man.

TheresaThoma

I think the thing with seminarians is they are in that "grey area" obviously not ordained yet but not completely available. Also holy guys are definitely attractive and obviously seminarians take their faith seriously. Add in the grey area and you get a bit of wanting what you can't quite have.

I have basically NO experience in the dating world so this is just theory for me.

Spem in alium

I think the thing with seminarians is they are in that "grey area" obviously not ordained yet but not completely available. Also holy guys are definitely attractive and obviously seminarians take their faith seriously. Add in the grey area and you get a bit of wanting what you can't quite have.

I have basically NO experience in the dating world so this is just theory for me.

I agree with this, definitely. 

Nola Seminarian

I have experienced, and heard stories from a lot of guys in the seminary that once they got serious in their discernment and the single Catholic girls found out all of a sudden it was like open season on the priesthood discerner. Now, I can understand somebody wanting to find a good Catholic husband and how much more faithful a guy are you going to find than somebody who is willing to go to Seminary, but wouldn't you rather have a good Priest? Why do so many beautiful faithful Catholic women have to tempt us?

is doesnt really happen. Honestly. Not even to the seminarians you would expect it would happen to Edited by Nola Seminarian