Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Winchester
Posted

Y'all best stay away from Song of Songs.

Posted

Thanks, dUSt, for intervening.  It is appreciated.

 

I wasn't at Google+, very seldom do the chat room because it is just too overwealming for me, but I did not appreciate what was going on in the various threads. 

 

As far as the main board, I'm not sure what got it started, or what kept it fueled, but it really ticked me off.  

 

I can't speak for anything that happened in G+ or chat, but a number of us made it pretty clear we didn't like what was happening on the board.   There were kids around.  There were adults who were offended.   Sorry, but that is the truth.  

 

I'm all for some fun, and I certainly think that there is a time and a place to let one's hair down.... and I'm cool with people having fun.  But this wasn't the time or place. 

HisChildForever
Posted

I missed it. poo.

Posted

people aren't mindreaders. how are they to know that they had offended you if you just leave without saying something? they could just think you had something you needed to do, like going to the bathroom; or they could think you just didn't like someone's face (don't blame you if it was Hasan's face). i've been in chat before where someone just left abruptly, and my first thought (because i usually try to think the best of a person) isn't that I've offended them. my first thought is that their computer froze up and they couldn't chat. second thought is that they had somewhere else to be. 

 

p.s. i feel like there's a Bible verse or something that's applicable to this situation. Something about going to your brother first if you have a problem with them? 

 

Yeah, but before I could come back and talk to people individually there was already posting on the phorums going on, and the situation had changed.

Lilllabettt
Posted

Y'all best stay away from Song of Songs.

 

Song of Songs ain't crude rude or silly.

HisChildForever
Posted

Wait did this happen in that chat room or on the forum? Because besides for those weird yogurt threads I don't see anything wonky

CatholicsAreKewl
Posted

Wait did this happen in that chat room or on the forum? Because besides for those weird yogurt threads I don't see anything wonky

 

My spiritual director made a thread about his physical attraction to phatmass. 

photosynthesis
Posted

Wait, other people use Google Plus?

Posted

dUSt did indicate he had to delete a thread....

Posted

I honestly didn't think it was inappropriate, crude, etc. silly  I'll give you but there's nothing sinful about being silly.

Posted (edited)

i just feel like people are making threads out to be something they weren't, and because they weren't in chat and therefore didn't understand the context, took three or four different threads in an offensive way. i'm honestly wracking my brain trying to think of something that was sooooooo offensive to apparently half the people on phatmass, and I can't think of something that was that out of line. i think people thought certain threads were euphemisms for something sexual, and they weren't. sorry/not sorry. 

Edited by Lil Red
ToJesusMyHeart
Posted

Wait did this happen in that chat room or on the forum? Because besides for those weird yogurt threads I don't see anything wonky

It started in the G+ hangout, where weird sexual innuendos about yogurt were being made, and then the yogurt jokes were placed onto the phorum. The majority of phatmass didn't understand why some were offended by the yogurt jokes because only those in the G+ hangout understand just exactly what the "yogurt" was representing. It was wonky and disgusting if you understood the representation. 

Lilllabettt
Posted

I didn't say it was a sin.

There has to be a particular time and place for silly especially when you are dealing with something as holy and sacred as sex.

I do not come to phatmass for sex jokes.

Posted

Oh my gosh. The only one who made it sexual was Hasan. When posted it wasn't sexual.

Posted

Someone explain me. I'm too lazy to explain myself.

HisChildForever
Posted

dUSt did indicate he had to delete a thread....

 

The OP says a post was deleted, not thread

Posted

and i feel like this problem could have been avoided if people just went to the people posting and said, hey, this is offensive. would you knock it off? i mean, hasan is a good guy - and  no matter how silly he may seem, he would have flagged something himself if people would have messaged him. same with other people. 

Posted

Wait, people use Google Plus?

 

fixed. ;) 

HisChildForever
Posted

It started in the G+ hangout, where weird sexual innuendos about yogurt were being made, and then the yogurt jokes were placed onto the phorum. The majority of phatmass didn't understand why some were offended by the yogurt jokes because only those in the G+ hangout understand just exactly what the "yogurt" was representing. It was wonky and disgusting if you understood the representation. 

 

A few posts in this thread make it sound like there was a string of inappropriate posts and then gross chaos...read post 13, "yeah it was ugly" - where was it "ugly" though? lol

Lilllabettt
Posted (edited)

someone did do that - tell Hassan it was a bad idea.

 

It was a thread that was deleted.

Edited by Lilllabettt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...