An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inappropriate Posts On Phatmass

dUSt

I knew there was a reason I don't hang out in chat.

this wasn't on phatmass' chat room. it was in a google+ chatroom. :) 

FYI, this wasn't in the phatmass chat, it was in an off-site Google+ hangout. As for why I didn't say anything then, I spoke with my actions, by leaving the room, because I didn't feel it would be possible for me to act charitably in that situation anymore, and because I didn't feel like calling out these people all together during a live chat could give me the opportunity to say what I meant in exactly the way I needed to say it.

Lilllabettt

well I wasn't in the chat. I'm talking about all the croutons that apparently poured out of the chat and on to the phorum. I don't come here for the sexual inside jokes. Honestly don't care if people think its cool to giggle about sex jokes in a chat. I don't do the chats because they seem to frequently end up in dumb places. But I don't want that croutons plugging up my phatmass.

Edited by Lilllabettt

FYI, this wasn't in the phatmass chat, it was in an off-site Google+ hangout. As for why I didn't say anything then, I spoke with my actions, by leaving the room, because I didn't feel it would be possible for me to act charitably in that situation anymore, and because I didn't feel like calling out these people all together during a live chat could give me the opportunity to say what I meant in exactly the way I needed to say it.

people aren't mindreaders. how are they to know that they had offended you if you just leave without saying something? they could just think you had something you needed to do, like going to the bathroom; or they could think you just didn't like someone's face (don't blame you if it was Hasan's face). i've been in chat before where someone just left abruptly, and my first thought (because i usually try to think the best of a person) isn't that I've offended them. my first thought is that their computer froze up and they couldn't chat. second thought is that they had somewhere else to be. 

p.s. i feel like there's a Bible verse or something that's applicable to this situation. Something about going to your brother first if you have a problem with them? 

Mary's Child

well I wasn't in the chat. I'm talking about all the croutons that apparently poured out of the chat and on to the phorum. I don't come here for the sexual inside jokes. Honestly don't care if people think its cool to giggle about sex jokes in a chat. I don't do the chats because they seem to frequently end up in dumb places. But I don't want that croutons plugging up my phatmass.

I was not in the google chat either and I dont intend to participate in them. I agree with you about it flowing into phatmass. I was very upset with what I saw and I seriously considered deleting my account this was far out of control.

Thanks, dUSt, for intervening.  It is appreciated.

I wasn't at Google+, very seldom do the chat room because it is just too overwealming for me, but I did not appreciate what was going on in the various threads. 

As far as the main board, I'm not sure what got it started, or what kept it fueled, but it really ticked me off.  

I can't speak for anything that happened in G+ or chat, but a number of us made it pretty clear we didn't like what was happening on the board.   There were kids around.  There were adults who were offended.   Sorry, but that is the truth.  

I'm all for some fun, and I certainly think that there is a time and a place to let one's hair down.... and I'm cool with people having fun.  But this wasn't the time or place. 

people aren't mindreaders. how are they to know that they had offended you if you just leave without saying something? they could just think you had something you needed to do, like going to the bathroom; or they could think you just didn't like someone's face (don't blame you if it was Hasan's face). i've been in chat before where someone just left abruptly, and my first thought (because i usually try to think the best of a person) isn't that I've offended them. my first thought is that their computer froze up and they couldn't chat. second thought is that they had somewhere else to be. 

p.s. i feel like there's a Bible verse or something that's applicable to this situation. Something about going to your brother first if you have a problem with them? 

Yeah, but before I could come back and talk to people individually there was already posting on the phorums going on, and the situation had changed.

Lilllabettt

Y'all best stay away from Song of Songs.

Song of Songs ain't crude rude or silly.

HisChildForever

Wait did this happen in that chat room or on the forum? Because besides for those weird yogurt threads I don't see anything wonky

CatholicsAreKewl

Wait did this happen in that chat room or on the forum? Because besides for those weird yogurt threads I don't see anything wonky

My spiritual director made a thread about his physical attraction to phatmass. 

I honestly didn't think it was inappropriate, crude, etc. silly  I'll give you but there's nothing sinful about being silly.