An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inappropriate Posts On Phatmass

dUSt

i just feel like people are making threads out to be something they weren't, and because they weren't in chat and therefore didn't understand the context, took three or four different threads in an offensive way. i'm honestly wracking my brain trying to think of something that was sooooooo offensive to apparently half the people on phatmass, and I can't think of something that was that out of line. i think people thought certain threads were euphemisms for something sexual, and they weren't. sorry/not sorry. 

Edited by Lil Red

ToJesusMyHeart

Wait did this happen in that chat room or on the forum? Because besides for those weird yogurt threads I don't see anything wonky

It started in the G+ hangout, where weird sexual innuendos about yogurt were being made, and then the yogurt jokes were placed onto the phorum. The majority of phatmass didn't understand why some were offended by the yogurt jokes because only those in the G+ hangout understand just exactly what the "yogurt" was representing. It was wonky and disgusting if you understood the representation. 

Lilllabettt

I didn't say it was a sin.

There has to be a particular time and place for silly especially when you are dealing with something as holy and sacred as sex.

I do not come to phatmass for sex jokes.

HisChildForever

dUSt did indicate he had to delete a thread....

The OP says a post was deleted, not thread

and i feel like this problem could have been avoided if people just went to the people posting and said, hey, this is offensive. would you knock it off? i mean, hasan is a good guy - and  no matter how silly he may seem, he would have flagged something himself if people would have messaged him. same with other people. 

HisChildForever

It started in the G+ hangout, where weird sexual innuendos about yogurt were being made, and then the yogurt jokes were placed onto the phorum. The majority of phatmass didn't understand why some were offended by the yogurt jokes because only those in the G+ hangout understand just exactly what the "yogurt" was representing. It was wonky and disgusting if you understood the representation. 

A few posts in this thread make it sound like there was a string of inappropriate posts and then gross chaos...read post 13, "yeah it was ugly" - where was it "ugly" though? lol

Lilllabettt

someone did do that - tell Hassan it was a bad idea.

It was a thread that was deleted.

Edited by Lilllabettt

ToJesusMyHeart

A few posts in this thread make it sound like there was a string of inappropriate posts and then gross chaos...read post 13, "yeah it was ugly" - where was it "ugly" though? lol

The "ugly" thread got deleted. Dust meant he deleted the whole thread, not just a post in the thread. It's gone now and that's why you can't see it.

IcePrincessKRS

There was a thread that got deleted. Not a single post. Dust probably just misspoke when he said post. Basically the same thing that is happening in this thread was happening in that one.

The OP says a post was deleted, not thread

You are right that the OP says it was a post.  However, a thread is missing....

IcePrincessKRS

someone did do that - tell Hassan it was a bad idea.

It was a thread that was deleted.

Hasan also said he would apologize if his thread was really that inappropriate. :idontknow: He didn't see it as a big deal, but he understood that others might. But he's suspended now, so no apologies. :|

HisChildForever

There was a thread that got deleted. Not a single post. Dust probably just misspoke when he said post. Basically the same thing that is happening in this thread was happening in that one.

Okay gotcha