An Old School Catholic Message Board

Inappropriate Posts On Phatmass

dUSt

i guess i must have missed something between late last night and early this morning, because i don't remember the deleted thread being that bad. 

direct from Hasan: "the yogurt threads were not actual sexual euphemism. The joke was the misplacement of euphemism. It was an intimation of euphemism where none was actualy present. Which is where the humor came in." which is why franny, ice, missScripture, and i (and others) were laughing and joking around. apparently we shouldn't do that. p.s. the joke is never funny when you have to explain it. 

off-topic:

this reminds me of the time in high school when a student in a class was talking about "sexual innuendos" and someone else misheard and said, "someone had sex in the window?!" everyone laughed.

wait, i don't think that's quite as off-topic as I thought. :) 

Edited by Lil Red

franciscanheart

The hilarious thing is that the yogurt crap was NEVER sexual.

Also hilarious: everyone who's parading around all self-righteous with twisted panties? Weren't even in the chat.

Read into yogurt discussions all you want but the truth is the truth: the171 was eating yogurt. I think someone else ate yogurt last night. Are we going to have hissy fits over milk and bananas and pickles, too?

This is all ridiculous but not surprising.

Lilllabettt

i'm a grown-arse woman and I know a sex joke when I see one.

I dont care what happened in the chat, I come on for my phatmass comfort phood and instead its all these yogurt inside jokes with lots of wink*wink*nudge*nudge. thats the definition of innuendo. Come on.

Next someone's going to tell the lyrics to "milkshake" aren't sexual. that was also in a thread.

OnlySunshine

I think I am starting to understand what you all are talking about.  There was a yogurt thread on here kind of late and it was in reference to a song (I won't repeat since I don't want to cause more trouble).  I did, however, contribute a post to that thread so if I caused a problem, I'm sorry.  I wasn't in the G+ chat because I don't do chats at all (I hate them!) so I didn't know it was alluding to something else...  :unsure:

franciscanheart

I think I am starting to understand what you all are talking about. There was a yogurt thread on here kind of late and it was in reference to a song (I won't repeat since I don't want to cause more trouble). I did, however, contribute a post to that thread so if I caused a problem, I'm sorry. I wasn't in the G+ chat because I don't do chats at all (I hate them!) so I didn't know it was alluding to something else... :unsure:

Doesn't seem to matter if you intended something or not when the phatmass prude police are on the prowl.

OnlySunshine

i'm a grown-arse woman and I know a sex joke when I see one.

I dont care what happened in the chat, I come on for my phatmass comfort phood and instead its all these yogurt inside jokes with lots of wink*wink*nudge*nudge. thats the definition of innuendo. Come on.

Next someone's going to tell the lyrics to "milkshake" aren't sexual. that was also in a thread.

Yeah, that's the one I replied to.  I really shouldn't have said what I said.  I didn't mean to offend anyone.  Sorry!  :blush:

OnlySunshine

Doesn't seem to matter if you intended something or not when the phatmass prude police are on the prowl.

I'd rather apologize about it now then get suspended or a warning.  ;)

IcePrincessKRS

I think I am starting to understand what you all are talking about.  There was a yogurt thread on here kind of late and it was in reference to a song (I won't repeat since I don't want to cause more trouble).  I did, however, contribute a post to that thread so if I caused a problem, I'm sorry.  I wasn't in the G+ chat because I don't do chats at all (I hate them!) so I didn't know it was alluding to something else...  :unsure:

I, too, posted in the thread that referenced song lyrics. But I honestly just thought I was making a funny play on words since we were talking about food. I certainly wasn't thinking "Gee, how can I make yogurt sexy AND scandalize 90% of phatmass?" Especially since we were laughing about yogurt since 171's cat was eating it.

OnlySunshine

I, too, posted in the thread that referenced song lyrics. But I honestly just thought I was making a funny play on words since we were talking about food. I certainly wasn't thinking "Gee, how can I make yogurt sexy AND scandalize 90% of phatmass?" Especially since we were laughing about yogurt since 171's cat was eating it.

Guess it just goes to show that I should stay out of threads where I don't know what's going on.  AND it also backs up my belief that I hate chats (after something that happened in my teens, I stay away from them).

IcePrincessKRS

Truthfully I just wish this thread would die. Dust didn't delete the other thread so we could start a whole new argument about it. I feel like perpetuating it is just disrespectful to him. This will be my last post in here.

well, let's be honest, John Stamos is pretty sexy. (he's the spokesman for some Greek yogurt. and that's the only way yogurt could be in the same circle as sexy.)

Lilllabettt

y7rdlu_zps542c7595.jpg

Truthfully I just wish this thread would die. Dust didn't delete the other thread so we could start a whole new argument about it. I feel like perpetuating it is just disrespectful to him. This will be my last post in here.

thanks for the reminder. :) my last post too. :) 

Thank you, Lilllabettt and Kris.   I was about to say exactly the same thing. 

Also time for me to go get something else done....