Ampax, 7

Ploomf, 6

Christina T, 6

LWS, 5

FP, 5

Spem, 4

Crusader, 2

Trisha, 1

I'm seeing all this reading, but Cathinterp7, despite your fancy fingering (he he he), you only get credit for one readings' worth of pages for Talking Hands.... ;)

see all the rest of the stuff from the rest of you & will update when I next update. 

Welcome back, Miles, and be sure to look up page count if you want that counted.... either from the books or from Amazon....

LWS... did you see the link I put in your status update feed... it has the official catechesis on the Scapular in there... and probably is good for 5 or 6 pages, too.... ;)    (Since none of the Church Scholars have answered your query, AnneLine is sharing with you what we give to our SECULAR CARMELITES to read on this subject....)

Edited by AnneLine

Cartermia, 164

Chrysophylax, 46

Catholicterp, 43

Byz, 23

Arfink, 13

AnneLine, 12

Ardil, 10

Doc Bomb, 8

LT, 8

BG45, 8

Ampax, 7

Ploomf, 6

Christina T, 6

LWS, 6

FP, 5

Spem, 4

Crusader, 2

Trisha, 1

I'm seeing all this reading, but Cathinterp7, despite your fancy fingering (he he he), you only get credit for one readings' worth of pages for Talking Hands.... ;)

Unless, of course, you actually did read it 3 times... :)

That Dorky Homemade Look: Quilting Lessons From a Parallel Universe

pages:124

Read this book, best quilting book ever!!!

Edited by cartermia

LittleWaySoul

LWS... did you see the link I put in your status update feed... it has the official catechesis on the Scapular in there... and probably is good for 5 or 6 pages, too.... ;)    (Since none of the Church Scholars have answered your query, AnneLine is sharing with you what we give to our SECULAR CARMELITES to read on this subject....)

Saw it! It's open in a new tab waiting to be read! Thanks :smile3:

(Please forgive the slightly off topic!)

LWS...

If you want a fancier version of that publication on the Scapular (and related stuff in a nicely bound pamphlet), you can also look at this:

http://www.icspublications.org/bookstore/others/b_others13.html

and hurry, because it is 56 pages!!!!   :)

bordag2.gif

p_scapular.gif

see.gif
comm.gif

OTHER CARMELITE SAINTS AND THEMES
Catechesis and Ritual for the Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

Prepared under the direction of the North American Provincials of the Carmelite Orders. This handy guide book explains catechetical elements and the Liturgical elements concerning the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

ICS Code: SCA
56 pages, pamphlet, $4.95. buy1.gifcheck1.gif

More Information

Catechetical Elements
     1. Letter and Pastoral comments on the Brown Scapular of O.L. of Mount Carmel by the five North American Provincials.
     2. The official statement of the Brown Scapular of O.L. of Mt. Carmel issued by the Generals of both the Carmelites of the Ancient Observance (O. Carm.) and the Discalced Carmelites (O.C.D.).
     3. The approved English text of the "Rite of Blessing of and Enrolment in the Scapular of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mount Carmel" as issued and confirmed by the Congregation for Divine Worship and for the Discipline of the Sacraments, November 29, 1996. Prot. 2243/96L.
     4. The Message of John Paul II to the Carmelite Family (2001), on the Brown Scapular.

Liturgical Elements
     1. Rite for the Blessing of and Enrolment in the Scapular
     2. Alternative Rite for the Blessing and Enrolment in the Scapular
     3. The Word of God (eleven Scriptural texts as options)

*** Please note that this publication is not produced by ICS Publications but that we are only the exclusive distributors of this pamphlet with the same discount rates as the rest of our items. ***

I also have some additional info we give out to our Seculars on this topic -- let me know if you want me to pm it....

:)

ChristinaTherese

Done with LOTR!!!

The Return of the King, 293 pages

And now... I don't know what book is next. The Butter Battle Book is waiting, by Dr. Seuss, I'm probably going to grab something in Spanish, I have a book on St. Therese (Conversations with Therese of Lisieux) that I've started, I still have that library book (The Catholic Mystique), I should read Christy....

A few comments for the bean counting service:

1) 365 books read. Excellent. I like it when numbers show up like that....

2) I don't think you added in the page count for The Two Towers.... It was 338 pages.

3) I like how you added LOTH to my "in progress" list. If I'm not regular every day does it still count? I'm trying, but I fluctuate in regularity at times.

That sounds reasonable to me. It requires the honor system, but the whole competition is on the honor system anyway and we should be able to trust each other reasonably.

Bumping this, since I asked a question in point #3 and I guess you missed it.